2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time I've missed out since 2009, just a little bit gutted but keeping the faith for the resale. Grandads 90th birthday today so had to run out the door for a train before the sales were over but sadly no other people in my group got through. Is someone starting a whatsapp secret sales group?

3 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

3*8hr shifts. You arrive the Monday or Tuesday before everyone else (or earlier if you get early shifts) you have a private campsite with a bar, showers, free food, access to mobile phone charging... it is really good 

Thank you thats all I needed! 

8 minutes ago, musky said:

There hasn't been a phone option since 2013. Possibly due to people using Refreshinator, or perhaps since what looks to have been a failover server was operating maybe a server was down.

Did you get tickets, been worrying about you as you've missed out in previous sales.  
Charm x

1 minute ago, Charm said:

Did you get tickets, been worrying about you as you've missed out in previous sales.  
Charm x

I did thanks. :)

Came as quite a surprise as I've only been successful in the main sales once since the last fallow year!

Not a sniff. Tried on laptop and iPad from 9 until 9:20 but only got holding page. Then had to take daughter to swimming lesson so tried on my phone after that and just got holding page.

i may well end up working but was looking as going with the wife and kids. May still try in the resale but by then I will have had to commit to work and would lose an admin fee if I cancelled as well as feeling of mucking them around.

1 minute ago, 106r12lye said:

I understand how the host hack works and it's proven successful over many years.

The problem is I'm always waiting for someone to provide the information.

How does one go about finding this information for themselves? 

It's only really been proven to be successful in 2013, when an error in the IP address meant that a server was completely unused. I think the jury is still out this year, as it appears to have been a failover server. It could be that one server was down and this one had kicked in to replace it, in which case forcing your traffic there may have reduced your chances. I couldn't get in using it at all.

5 minutes ago, 106r12lye said:

I understand how the host hack works and it's proven successful over many years.

You can't.

It depends on kind strangers sharing it somewhere if they find it out.

Seeing as it only seems to happen about once a decade I wouldn't worry about it.

3 minutes ago, 106r12lye said:

It was posted in this thread. I was in the thread, on the right page, and missed it.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, musky said:

It's only really been proven to be successful in 2013, when an error in the IP address meant that a server was completely unused. I think the jury is still out this year, as it appears to have been a failover server. It could be that one server was down and this one had kicked in to replace it, in which case forcing your traffic there may have reduced your chances. I couldn't get in using it at all.

It worked perfectly for me.  Edited, in immediately where my other addressed machine was still failing, and then did the deposits.

I was a bit too hesitant sharing my good fortune as only afterwards did I wonder who I'd given my bank details to ;) 

Girlfriend and i touched down at Gatwick at 9.15, turned my phone on to get a text from a mate saying he got out tickets! 

This will be my 3rd and her first. We live in British Columbia so will be making quite the pilgrimage to party in those fields! 

Managed to get 12 tickets for all our group and surprised how easy i found it, all on same lap top with the God that is f5. This will be my 3rd year in a row after trying and failing miserably for the previous 7 or so , I few years ago I never thought I'd get to sample it and now I'm collecting my hat trick ball who'd have thunk it wooooooo hooooooo!!!! .do feel for the folk that couldn't get tickets though ,I hope you all find your way in some how 

8 minutes ago, clarkete said:

You can't.

It depends on kind strangers sharing it somewhere if they find it out.

Seeing as it only seems to happen about once a decade I wouldn't worry about it.

I've done the host modification for as long as I can remember. Got details from a guy on twitter last two years, then from this forum this year (possibly 2012 from here too iirc) 

How do these kind strangers find the details though? That's what I'm trying to figure out

Edited by 106r12lye
Spelling

Congrats everyone that got tickets. Those that didn't there is always the resales or working at the fest as options.

I had such luck got through three times to buy our whole group tickets everyone else did yet a sniff of the pages!!

Roll on 2017!!