The Park 2017

Tuna

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

Modest Mouse..?

i don't think i've listened to Modest Mouse since they released that disappointing new album. but yes. they're always welcome. although what with not being booked on their comeback i'm guessing they may not be on the festivals radar

6 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Not that I know of, and I was subscribed to the SecretGlasto twitter account over the weekend.

Maybe rehearsing with massive attack for their Hyde park date week after Glastonbury.

Really hope they do something next year. Park or West holts would be spot on. Or maybe a left field headliner 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i don't think i've listened to Modest Mouse since they released that disappointing new album. but yes. they're always welcome. although what with not being booked on their comeback i'm guessing they may not be on the festivals radar

It's only disappointing by their own standards. In the general canon of indie rock records released in 2015 it's pretty great. I saw them play for the first time last year, they were absolutely outstanding.

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

It's only disappointing by their own standards. In the general canon of indie rock records released in 2015 it's pretty great. I saw them play for the first time last year, they were absolutely outstanding.

yeah i didn't give it much of a chance if i'm honest. this has encouraged me to go back and have a listen (along with the rest of their shit)

also just realised i never really gave Young Father's second album a proper go and i'm not sure why. another one to be amended 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

yeah i didn't give it much of a chance if i'm honest. this has encouraged me to go back and have a listen (along with the rest of their shit)

also just realised i never really gave Young Father's second album a proper go and i'm not sure why. another one to be amended 

:o:o:o

Album of the bloody year mate! Even better than Susanne Sundfor, even better than Sufjan, even better than Kendrick!

Just now, FloorFiller said:

better than Sufjan!? get outta here. will report back to tell you why you're wrong

Well, about the same tbh. Those 4 records were all utter worldies, uncommon to get such a crop of amazing records so close to each other. I put Young Fathers as my AotY on stuff because they're British and I secretly hate all foreigners.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Will the world still care about Courtney Barnett and Future Islands in 2017? Bring on the new fads.

I think Future Islands will still be big enough by that time but yeah, not sure Courtney Barnett will have the same appeal. Not sure if they'll be back with new stuff next summer but was thinking FKA twigs and Lykke Li as headliners.

5 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

FUCKIN BEACH HOUSE

one of the weirdest Park omissions of this year i thought. seemed so right that they'd be there. come on Glastonbury - get your shit together*

*although i almost definitely would've ended up missing em so can't complain too much

9 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think Future Islands will still be big enough by that time but yeah, not sure Courtney Barnett will have the same appeal. Not sure if they'll be back with new stuff next summer but was thinking FKA twigs and Lykke Li as headliners.

Yea I think Future Islands can be an average synthpop mob for the rest of their days and maybe fade off into obscurity as they dwindle back to a pre-Letterman fanbase whereas Courtz B probably got too big for her schtick to stay interesting and will burn out quite quickly. I also hear she's gonna sing on a song on the new Breeders album and ruin the whole damn thing.

Those two choices would be superb - could definitely see Twigs returning quickly but not so sure about Li. I've got Warpaint, Crystal Fighters and Wild Beasts as my predics but, despite all being good, it'd be a bit uninspiring.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Those two choices would be superb - could definitely see Twigs returning quickly but not so sure about Li. I've got Warpaint, Crystal Fighters and Wild Beasts as my predics but, despite all being good, it'd be a bit uninspiring.

Wild Beasts will be mid-Other fodder next time round surely, especially with their new more radio friendly sound. don't think there have been any repeat Park headliners yet either

reckon there'll be a new album announced/released over the next few months that will immediately scream 'Park headliner'

48 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Well, about the same tbh. Those 4 records were all utter worldies, uncommon to get such a crop of amazing records so close to each other. I put Young Fathers as my AotY on stuff because they're British and I secretly hate all foreigners.

also despite being fairly certain that you've raved about her numerous times on here, i'm only just hearing Susanne Sundfor for the first time. another one to add to the listen list

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

also despite being fairly certain that you've raved about her numerous times on here, i'm only just hearing Susanne Sundfor for the first time. another one to add to the listen list

She's been putting out a string of pretty brilliant electronic chamber pop albums in Norway for years, but last year she decided she wanted to go global, and made Ten Love Songs, which is a masterpiece in every sense.

10 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Goat, Gladys Knight, The Decemberists, Johnny Marr, Terrorvision,

Gladys Knight is probably the wrong stage.

You have taste my friend, fantastically strange selection and I'd love all of them.

Gladys Knight could easy do it, Ronnie Spector did and she was probably the highlight of my weekend.

Terrorvision would be fucking spot on too, Tequila's a proper tune, would go down a storm.