Thank You eFestivals

stuartbert two hats

Fuck rucksacks - just end up knocking me over again and again at gigs as their owners swing about oblivious to them. Have the same pair of festival trousers with many deep pockets in them that I've had since '94 and they still carry everything that I need for the day. Only modification I'd make to my kit after this years experience - a more water resistant hat!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was great to meet niel ,digger.diggers misses ..and slodge and co ..soz i didnt stay to chat but i did wear my sticker for all of 10/15 mins ...just shy is all but yea fuck thanks to everyone here ..your all top of the range old sons and ladys lol ....Gx

9 hours ago, Charm said:

Someone mentioned carrying around some bin liners for sitting on, was particularly useful for resting when bringing our gear in, thanks so much. 
Charm x

Yes this was a great idea and saved my soggy bottom once or twice this year.

21 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Only modification I'd make to my kit after this years experience - a more water resistant hat!

Get that man a tarp! Speaking of which...

On 7/8/2016 at 10:34 PM, balti-pie said:

Tarp hats B)  I oi-oi'd one other tarp hat wearer, but they looked at me like I was quite mad so I didn't oi-oi anyone else I'm afraid. Didn't notice many others though, which is nice: let's keep it underground! :lol:

Don't let that one knock-back put you off balti! Plenty of friendly and responsive tarp-wearers out there. Keep The Tarp-Faith (underground)! :)

25 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Pineapple gin. I've made strawberry gin before, but went for pineapple this year as suggested here. It was bloody delicious, and we were able to drink it neat! I took it to ELO and it lasted about 10 mins. Delicious! Thanks to whoever suggested it! 

That'd be me, glad to see others enjoyed it as much as me. It's definitely my festival drink of choice 

Thanks to these recommendations for Rigger Boots instead of Wellies (yes, I know, some people like walking boots - I don't). They ended up being far, far more comfortable than any Wellies I've seen, and did me well throughout the 5 days - first festival I've ever been to where it's boots on arrival, boots throughout, and boots going home so finding these was timely. Even in 2007 we had solid ground on the Wednesday.

7 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

It was soooo good! I'm going to get some more on the go soon, I reckon. Thank you, you're brilliant! :)

It'll be even better on a sunny summers day (if we ever get one). Many thanks Lucy, spread the good will and gin to the masses 

I'm trying to remember who else was involved, maybe @ghostdancer1? I may be wrong 

Just like to thank the efesters forr all the advice for our first GF.

Brave Sir Robins spotify setlist was a great way of listening to new music.

Boots, already had some but coped with the mud and helped get the mrs out when stuck in the mud in wellies.

The food threads, i saw a growler but stayed clear of purchasing one.

Fresh milk was an essential to get over the morning after feeling.

Efests meet, shame we didnt arrive in time due to the queues but hope u all had a goid time, catch u next here hopefully.

And just the general good vibe of all in these forums, next year now!

On 7/8/2016 at 1:20 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

What tips and tricks from here helped your festival this year?  I have a few:

Boots

After moaning about Glastonbury toe, I got some decent advice.  These boots were simply the most grippy, sturdy things I've ever worn.  Probably not worth quite the amount I paid, but still good.  I only fell over once, but that was when I was pulling some serious shapes at Arcadia.  I always felt stable, so thanks!

L37325900.jpg

Tent

This thread says it all.  I've given my in-depth review on there - basically it worked, I got more sleep and was much more cheerful as a result!

Meetups

I didn't manage to make the main meet, but did go to the NFR NFC meet on Thursday, and borrowed a hat or two:

DSC_0564-ANIMATION.thumb.gif.5b13bd70ae7

Best For Last

This one goes without saying ;)

ZElQhON.jpg

joining this conversation late so apologies if this has already been mentioned - but I like to use the long drop latch to balance my pint cup / can on 

On 7/9/2016 at 9:35 PM, Pinhead said:

Fuck rucksacks - just end up knocking me over again and again at gigs as their owners swing about oblivious to them. Have the same pair of festival trousers with many deep pockets in them that I've had since '94 and they still carry everything that I need for the day. Only modification I'd make to my kit after this years experience - a more water resistant hat!

I'm with you on that one Pinhead.  Decided this year that I just couldn't be bothered with a bag so stuck with the multi-pocket shorts.  Made life so much easier, especially for dancing!

30 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Gutted to have missed the eFests meet this year.

Me too - although my excuse was totally drunk son (he's 22...) who needed to be looked after (his sister gave up on him and abdicated responsibility!) Too many festival ciders at the brothers bar (our wednesday tradition), followed by Jack Daniels (which, I can confirm, isn't a sobering experience - next time coffee).
Next year... (hopefully)

I was with the good folks at camp solo, 2 things I did differently this year came from recommendations from my camp mates:

1.  A space blanket under the sleeping mat stops you getting cold at night, I slept nekkid every night and was snug as a bug in a rug.

2. Strip wash in the tent with flannel, soap and water rather than wet wipes.  I felt clean, proper clean, not just smearing sweaty suncream and mud around til you looked halfway respectable.  It kept me feeling more refreshed, reduced waste and even though I didn't shower this year I didn't feel like a stinking wreck come Sunday.

On 09/07/2016 at 11:15 PM, BlackHole2006 said:

Wheel Of Four Tunes was funny as fuck. Wouldn't have gone if it wasn't suggested on here. 

Yes!

Thursday night we went - probably my favourite memory of the festival. All our group together, pissed and having a good sing, no pressure to be elsewhere or missing something else. If only someone hadn't spun it to dubstep, but nevermind! 

4 hours ago, Spindles said:

2. Strip wash in the tent with flannel, soap and water rather than wet wipes.  I felt clean, proper clean, not just smearing sweaty suncream and mud around til you looked halfway respectable.  It kept me feeling more refreshed, reduced waste and even though I didn't shower this year I didn't feel like a stinking wreck come Sunday.

Haven't tried this one.  I'm like you with the wet wipes (plus the whole bidegradable thing), so I've been using this for the last couple of years.  Foaming anti bac wash, works well with a flannel.  Not as effective as the soap & water option, but slightly less palaver.  And a damn sight better than wet wipes.

https://muc-off.com/products/dry-shower