stuartbert two hats

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

I do that in an office.

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

November is the period where nobody in their right mind would be on here, unless they 'work' from home and post on efests instead of chatting to workmates.

I refer the rt honourable gentleman to the reply I gave some moments ago.

Thanks to whoever suggested that putting the cheese on a jacket potato before the beans was the correct way to serve it, did this for the first time today and can confirm its amazing, feels like I've been missing out all of my life, I blame my Mum. 
Charm x

So many good ideas/advice has come from fellow efesters finding specific hidden places on site. All the help through the unsuccessful resale. Better places to eat and drink but most of all the  "Glastonbury spirit" and attitude found on an this online forum 

I wear some good fitting comfortable wellies (aigle) with an insole.  However the use of a boot jack to help get them off certainly is easier and cleaner.  

Also take a 6 pint milk container for a water container.  Take a spare milk container top and make fine holes in the top with a needle. Then becomes a 6 pint shower with a fine spray!!

8 minutes ago, Musicnwine said:

Also take a 6 pint milk container for a water container.  Take a spare milk container top and make fine holes in the top with a needle. Then becomes a 6 pint shower with a fine spray!!

Was thinking of doing something like that this year. Must make it a priority next time. My hair got increasingly grimmer as the weekend went on this year 

On 13/07/2016 at 3:33 PM, Scruffylovemonster said:

Not so sure that's fair round here. One of the worst I'd accept. But on a forum where @Woffy, @mr gumby, @fatyeti24, @H.M.V, @lucyginger and the like frequent then to be put out on my own..............

Dunno whether to be offended or flattered...............

Edit: Course I'm flattered. Cheers Quark. 

And then there's a certain someone and their now infamous 'cheese toastie' post.

5 minutes ago, Woffy said:

And then there's a certain someone and their now infamous 'cheese toastie' post.

My favourite was a lovely young lady in my last job who told us, before her brain put the brakes on, that her birthday present from her boyfriend was being taken up the Shard.

My Finbaradar blew up at that point.

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

My favourite was a lovely young lady in my last job who told us, before her brain put the brakes on, that her birthday present from her boyfriend was being taken up the Shard.

Fantastic!!! 

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Speaking of mouth engaging before brain, I made (I'm really just setting myself up to be @Scruffylovemonster'd here...) a proper c**t of myself today.

We'd upgraded our phones and then went to this little shop that sells phone cases.

Mrs Woffy was at the till sorting shit out and I was stood with Lissie (New Mini Woffling) in the pram.

There were 3 blokes working in the shop and we were the only customers.

I was looking at these two particular phone cases that had cartoon pictures on. One said, 'It's a girl!' the other, 'It's a boy!'. 

I was thinking to myself, 'that cartoon boy looks like a girl, *nothing* like a boy!' when I heard one of the shop assistants say 'is it a girl or a boy?'

With complete and utter confidence I stated firmly, "It's a boy".

To which Mrs Woffy looked at me incredulously and disgustedly like the complete and utter fucking tit that I am and said:

"She's a girl, you fucking idiot"

The shop assistant was referring to Baby Woffy.

Everyone laughed. A lot. Except me. There was no coming back from that.

Jeeeeeeez.

Moving on...

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

I really don't think I need to add anything. 

No Scruffylovemonstering needed here. (i do like how that is now a verb though. Could be my proudest moment.)

Scruffylovemonstering, verb, the act of being made to look a c**t after leaving oneself foolishly open to being made to look a c**t.

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Not sure I like that definition. It implies that I'm the one looking like a c**t. I prefer the context that Mrs scruff almost never uses. 

'give me a good Scruffylovemonstering tonight!'

See what you mean. Needs work.

Doesn't the beard tickle? Yours, btw.

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

You sure? Thought you were stalking me then! Wondered if we'd met and you'd kept shtum. 

Yeah, someone mentioned beards, maybe cutting them off or summink and you stated you wouldn't as you'd been growing yours for a while. I think.

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Ignore

Boooooo!

On 08/07/2016 at 3:15 PM, hfuhruhurr said:

thanks to the beverage of choice thread, the pineapple gin was brilliant. Plus white russians - superb way to start the day.

My blueberry vodka (made of the idea of pineapple gin) worked out so well I've now got another batch along with black cherry.

Secret set peeps - massive thanks

Camping gear - again - the lenor bottle a brilliant idea!

Plus the music threads helping to steer me in the right direction.

Planning to make the pinapple gin for BeIladrum this year . Can you point me to the original recipe post please?

Cheers

C

I don't think there was a recipe. I chopped up a pineapple, put in a demijohn (my kilner jar was full of blueberry vodka!l) added some sugar and covered the lot in 75cl of gin. Shake/stir every few days initially then a month later decant. I squeezed the pineapple juice and it made about 1.25ltr.

Drink neat and cold or with lemonade. Fab.