Tell us about your 'Moment'

parsonjack

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, ChewieDC said:

David Bowie sing-along on Thursday. Pyramid was testing sound so everyone tried to scream song as much as they could. And when "We could be heroes, just for one day" came, I had tears in my eyes.

I found a bar after LCD which was playing back-to-back Prince for about an hour. I was hoping to find a tribute somewhere but the mud stopped me exploring and I couldn't get to the Hot Chip set on the Friday night. The DJ predictably finished on Purple Rain and the whole bar seemed to stop what they were doing and belt it out. Was a great way to end the weekend!

The tribute to Jo Cox on top of that result had me in a right old mess.  I had to leave the Syrian Orchestra to sort my head out cos it was falling down a hole. 

I'd intended watching Foals then Roisin Murphy but went to Billy Bragg instead.  Absolute turnaround moment for me. 

Caravan of Love.  It was just... *sniffles*

Both my "moments" happened during Travis this year. Croissant Neuf is such a small tent and we managed to get right to the front before they came on stage. My first moment was closing my eyes during their first song which was " Sing " and listening to the crowd sing the chorus of "Sing, Sing, Sing". Goosebumps everywhere! Was incredible!

Travis were the first band I ever went to see live. It was on "The Man Who" Tour and I was 10 years old and went with my dad. At Glastonbury they played "Why does it always rain on me" last in their set on Saturday and during the final chorus my dad, who was stood next to me, put his arm around me and we sang as loud as we could. At that exact moment he put his arm around me, Dougie, the Travis bass player, looked us both in the eye and beamed the biggest smile ive ever seen!! That moment made my whole weekend!

21 hours ago, ClementsMike said:

Art Garfunkel singing Bridge Over Troubled Water. The fragility of his voice just made it even more touching. 

This was great! I loved his setting the record straight on the relationship between him and Paul.

my moment was bright eyes and the 6ft 5 burly bloke to the front and left of me sobbing. Truly something I'll remember forever - an incredible set.

acoustic tent sunday late afternoon, bootleg beatles, did anyone else see that? tent packed to the rafters and spilling outside as if it was radiohead or something haha everyone in a good mood, everyone singing, dancing, loving it, little kids giving it beans on the grass outside so good to see as well, just what was needed after a very wet, soggy, muddy day when we were all getting a bit tired and down and out, a real spirit lifter.......anyway when they played `yesterday` and the mass singalong started I felt myself tearing up!, absolutely magic really one of my favorite festival memories ever in fact.

21 hours ago, mr jolly said:

James again for me. He said that he had just lost his mother and that this song is dedicated to anyone who has lost a loved one. My mum has terminal cancer and had a tear or two in my eye. 

Leave a little light on ..... (not sure if thats what its actually called) but it gets to me every time.... amazing  song, and one of my 'moments'

2 moments for me

first was watching Adele with 5 others and putting arms around each other looked down the line while singing someone like you we all had tears and smiles on our faces filled with love and happiness at that point I thought this is a moment I hope lives with me for life and if they could bottle this feeling the world wouldn't have half the problems.

2 finding an amazing girl in the silent disco who was full of life and amazing in everyway nothing happened but reminded me of the joys of life witch can get forgotten about sometimes.

the Coldplay wrist bands helped everyone feel part of it in my opinion 

19 hours ago, billum said:

Mine was really special this year in a very unexpected way. I was feeling pretty fed up (at Glasto!!) on the Friday, what with Jo Cox, Brexit, and the weather, but my whole band happened to be at the festival, and we got to play a slot at the Fluffy Rock on Friday teatime, which was brilliant (we just played Glastonbury, FFS!)

Then the Fluffy guys asked us if we'd like to come back and play Sunday night as well, so we played there from about 11PM as the main stages were finishing, and the tent just filled up and up to overflowing with the most incredible fun crowd there could possibly ever be. The atmosphere was overwhelmingly fantastic (thanks to warm-up bands Coldplay & EWF etc! ;) ), and I have to say it was the highlight of all my Glastonbury's. If any of you happened to be there, just THANK YOU for being so absolutely amazing and making my year, if not lifetime. You don't need many experiences like that in order to die happy :)

Ahh I think I saw you! After LCD we were just wandering around looking for somewhere fun to go that wasn't the naughty corner and we wandered into the Fluffy Rock for the first time ever. I had so much fun and it was lovely to see everyone dancing and enjoying the last night of the festival!

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Leave a little light on ..... (not sure if thats what its actually called) but it gets to me every time.... amazing  song, and one of my 'moments'

Moving on. Beautiful song. Yep was a special moment for sure

33 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What did he say?

He basically said that Paul had been an inspiration to him since they met when they were 11, that the press write a lot of stuff and always sieize on a quote and that he'd recently been at Paul's birthday party.  He mentioned that Paul was with a woman who he bacame really sweet on, then went into Kathy.

Baggy Mondays on Thursday with the sun coming through the clouds, especially Common People.

For some reason, and have no idea why, I did well up during the James set, especially for Sometimes.  I couldn't sing properly in case I lost it!

New Order doing Love Will Tear Us Apart.

Also had my lowest Glastonbury Moment ever on the Sunday. Couldn't find a composter so ended up hunched in a long drop in the rain, sat on a cold wet seat, doing the saddest poo of my life :(

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Also had my lowest Glastonbury Moment ever on the Sunday. Couldn't find a composter so ended up hunched in a long drop in the rain, sat on a cold wet seat, doing the saddest poo of my life :(

You're not the only one.....it was grim :(

On 28 June 2016 at 5:28 PM, Digi said:

During Up the Junction - it my Mum's favourite ever song.  She would adore Glastonbury but her disability just means it ain't ever going to happen, cue floods of tears

The Viola Beach tribute.  I had had a really shitty couple of days after having a reaction to something and had spent Sunday afternoon at the medical tent.  I was freezing cold and wet and just wanted to go back to the tent and get in my sleeping bag.  I'm not a Coldplay fan but I really wanted to end the festival with my son and he wanted to see them.  It was THE most emotional I've ever been at a gig, and I've been to a fair few of them!  The part when Chris talks about their alternate future just chokes me everytime and I get goosebumps when he counts his own band in.  Haven't been able to stop watching it since I got home

Incredible, wasn't it? I'd been following the band for while having heard them via This Feeling about a year or so ago. To see that song on that stage was something else, especially given the circumstances.

First Glasto and still trying to come to terms with the enormity of it. Had two moments which were unexpected.

both at Adele, who I'm not that fussed about, but when the crowd sang the first chorus of hello it genuinely took my breath away for a split second then when she got the wee girl up on the stage a tear ran down my face because this festival was the first time I had left my own wee girl for any length of time and I just connected with that and thought that could be my own kid up on the stage with her hero in ten years time. Wow!

Edited by JayP1983