Headliner predictions 2017

swede

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

Kanye West is 100% the biggest artist in the world in his field, absolutely no question

Behave!....of course he isn't! When he was doing 2 nights at The 02, Jay Z did 4 nights. The only reason Kanye did more was because Jay Z toured with him....the proof is after that tour. 

Eminem sold out two nights at Wembley, 1 massively quick so hugely bigger....Reading, not sure about Leeds and instantly V Fest when he covered it. Add various US festivals and shows to that....Bonnaroo in fact possibly booked him back very soon after the 1st time.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, wilem said:

Arguably the biggest artist in the world. In terms of fame...

That's down the size of his misses' arse that MTV for some reason thought would be a good idea for airtime lol.

On a serious note....if we are talking for all the wrong reasons yes. But a cleaned up act in Justin Bieber is bigger worldwide that bloody Kanye West right now.

Just now, yeomanator said:

Yeh, let's get perspective in terms of Glastonbury... Radiohead are bigger than the Beetles! Fact 

well that's obviously true, even the larges species of beetle will be only a fraction the size of five fully grown men.

Just now, brettredmayne said:

Should we all be scared that Glastonbury would book GEM (spice girls without 2 of them)

jesus, why are they even bothering!? but no, i doubt this is something Glastonbury would go after. i doubt Glastonbury would bother if it was the full shebang, but this seems incredibly unappealing, although i'm sure the likes of V and IOW will still book em

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

The other stage this far in advance is definitely ambitious. My only thinking is Justin Vernon still seems keen on the place, so if Bon Iver are back on the road they'd seem an obvious fit

think dental mentioned it elsewhere but what with the Other Stage headliners going in a more electronic direction in recent years and Sigur Ros being in the JP this year (similar-ish size, although may change with a new album) it could well be the same fate for Bon Iver. interesting to see if he lives up to his promise of an all new material set at this Eaux Claires festival next month

53 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

think dental mentioned it elsewhere but what with the Other Stage headliners going in a more electronic direction in recent years and Sigur Ros being in the JP this year (similar-ish size, although may change with a new album) it could well be the same fate for Bon Iver. interesting to see if he lives up to his promise of an all new material set at this Eaux Claires festival next month

At the moment I'm thinking Bon Iver will sub next year, I think the main difference between him and Sigur Ros is that he can play in daylight so could easily play sub/3rd down on the Pyramid rather than having to be put in JP.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

At the moment I'm thinking Bon Iver will sub next year, I think the main difference between him and Sigur Ros is that he can play in daylight so could easily play sub/3rd down on the Pyramid rather than having to be put in JP.

yeah subbing Radiohead would make perfect sense (and you'd assume he wouldn't succumb to a similar fate as Beck due to them probably having a similar fanbase) so i can definitely see that happening. he played third on Other in 2009 so darkness ain't an issue. Iggy Pop > Bon Iver > Radiohead on the Friday night please!

38 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah subbing Radiohead would make perfect sense (and you'd assume he wouldn't succumb to a similar fate as Beck due to them probably having a similar fanbase) so i can definitely see that happening. he played third on Other in 2009 so darkness ain't an issue. Iggy Pop > Bon Iver > Radiohead on the Friday night please!

You are trying to make this day more avoidable than Muse, Foals and ZZ Top with Disclosure and Bastille  aren't you lol.

Definitely isn't going to be the roses. Just sat through t in the park coverage and no sign of them. Seems fucking ridiculous, everyone knows he can't sing but who gives a shit, the crowd carry him every time. Can't see them agreeing to mass BBC coverage for Glastonbury . 

Gutted.

by the way disclosure are a pair of talentless chancers, utter dog shite.

If the festival get Stone Roses to agree to play for an acceptable fee then they will play. The BBC coverage won't come into it for the festival, its down to the band. 

Look at this. I am amazed. How many tickets did T in the Park sell this year? Can you imagine the size of the crowd for LCD Soundsystem on Sunday? The festival is on its last legs.

Edited by Alan_C

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

TITP were even doing a BOGOF offer for a while....

They also turned the once 'NME' stage, into the 'R1 SUMMER OF DANCE' stage for one day only. 

Headlined by Alesso, and staring dance music legends Hannah Wants and Danny Howard :lol: