Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Discussed a fair few pages back if TheThingy should include the smaller, not mentioned by the official site, announcements. I've added them at the end of the 2016 list in a sperate list. What do you reckon?

Good idea ....

Here's a better link for you on The Thingy (#AHTT)

http://www.deluxediner.co.uk/the-rocket-lounge.html

4 hours ago, Bradders said:

The thing is though, they're not really staggering their announcements, because the majority of people going haven't really given much of a shit about anything that's announced between the first poster and the big poster. If they wanted to properly stagger the announcements to keep people interested they need to include the main stages. Outside of this forum I don't think it's keeping people interested I think it's just frustrating them waiting for a proper announcement.

I dunno, there are a lot of people in the dance village and Shangri-la all weekend. Those who go almost entirely for the dancy stuff have probably had a great two weeks.

10 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I dunno, there are a lot of people in the dance village and Shangri-la all weekend. Those who go almost entirely for the dancy stuff have probably had a great two weeks.

True, but from a marketing and keeping the festival in the public eye angle, which is what Neil was originally getting at, it probably hasn't done much good.

8 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Don't get why they don't stagger the release of the main stages? West Holts, JP and Acoustic at least.

At this rate we wouldn't get the Pyramid lineup until the festival starts if they did that! :P

On 5/17/2016 at 4:11 PM, Acid_Haze said:

That's what I would have thought, but if nothing comes by thursday, then I have a feeling it'll all be part of the full poster.

I guess it's because of issues of them still making slight changes to where acts are playing and at what time etc.

6 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

Excuse me! I thought our band was called the 'Hanged Blue Chicken' band! Have we been abbreviated already?

You are quite right the band is called 'Hanged Blue Chicken' but the person called Blue Chicken is not part of it as they stole my picture and now I am sulking.

6 minutes ago, Blue Chicken said:

The Blue Chicken means no offence.

Hug?

You have been hanging for over 24 hours now so might be getting a little bit too ripe for hugging :)

No offence taken though - everything here is in jest (apart from hanging chickens who fib about line up announcements).

Hugs all round.

Edited by Nobody Interesting

39 minutes ago, cowmadiddy said:

I'm a bit confused about the delayed announcements for marketing reasons when all of the tickets are sold, who are they marketing towards?

I guess keeping the festival mentioned in the press, gives it that "ultimate festival, you are kicking yourself you are not going" PR drive for years to come. But, of all the festivals, it could probably drop out of view for years before ticket sales were ever hurt. It also helps spread out the many headliners they have getting focus. Adele has had her share of column inches on the back of this years early line up. The next announcement, it will be someone else. Something the record labels will love Glasto for, and then be happy to release their artists to perform there for peanuts.

I'd guess it's more that they are unable to announce a fair few of the acts until after a certain date.

Frustrating though, because I want to see who will be on at the same time as Coldplay, so I know if I have the green light to sell my Manchester tickets. Grimes headlining JP may tempt me to keep hold of them.