Adele sub headliner?

Mark Pooler

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

As previously mentioned, Disclosure's turn heading up West Holts a couple of years back was weeeeeaaaaaaaaak.

But that said,  all this talk of support acts perplexing or intimidating the fans waiting around for the headliners seems vastly overstated. Pendulum's basic-ass kiddie noises have never worried anyone.

You saw Disclosure instead of Massive Attack. Appalling.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, dannygrif said:

Do subheadliners on pyramid and other usually clash? Quite fancied seeing both Chvrches and Disclosure before New Order for a good Saturday night boogie. 

yeah i think there's usually at least half an hour overlap between them, and then there's the case of making your way from the Pyramid to Other or vice versa which is another fifteen or so minutes

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah i think there's usually at least half an hour overlap between them, and then there's the case of making your way from the Pyramid to Other or vice versa which is another fifteen or so minutes

Ah yeah that's what I was fearing, thanks dude. Looks like a night at the Other then! 

10 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Depends whose headlining and how long they've got. I saw Jack White on pyramid and legged it round and only missed one Pixies song. 

There was a massive gap between Primal Scream and the Stones so I'm guessing you could have maybe done it that year too. 

Last year Foos were gonna get 2.5 hours, but most get 1.5 or 1.75.

In conclusion - just depends really. 

Thanks! Reckon Adele might get 2 hours, think that's how long her tour shows have been. But I guess we won't know for sure until we get the stage splits. 

On 3 April 2016 at 9:14 AM, Festival Liam said:

I actually really liked the second album

Same tbh, Settle was a drag I couldn't stomach listening to all the way through more than once, but Caracal is decent. Also Magnets is the most memorable song they've ever done, probably because Lorde wrote it but still.

Edited by Zac Quinn

9 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Same tbh, Settle was a drag I couldn't stomach listening to all the way through more than once, but Caracal is decent. Also Magnets is the most memorable song they've ever done, probably because Lorde wrote it but still.

Yes!!! Magnets is brilliant. Shame Lorde doesn't seem to have got her arse in gear for ablum #2, or she could grace us with a slot (finally after cancelling that rumoured other opener) and a Disclosure guest. 

2 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

Just had a bad thought...if jake bugg headlined the other stage 2 years ago, is there any possibility he will sub Adele? Or has his popularity diminished too much?

Jesus the field will be in a coma if this happens!! it be like a scene from the walking dead when they become static due to no stimulus :huh:

3 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

Just had a bad thought...if jake bugg headlined the other stage 2 years ago, is there any possibility he will sub Adele? Or has his popularity diminished too much?

I really, really doubt it judging by his spot at T in the Park. Also back in 2014 didn't he only headline because Metallica were supposed to play the other stage? The slots he got in 2014 were bloody insane considering he subbed Reading as well.

2 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I really, really doubt it judging by his spot at T in the Park. Also back in 2014 didn't he only headline because Metallica were supposed to play the other stage? The slots he got in 2014 were bloody insane considering he subbed Reading as well.

aye the slots he had in 2014 were ridiculously generous to the point that even in the time between being announced for those slots and playing them it was starting to seem like a really bad idea.

think he'll be a JP headliner this year - can't really see any other realistic spot for him after playing the Pyramid and Other in his last two appearances

9 minutes ago, weirdforces said:

Since Ellie Goulding will be playing on Sunday, it's probably either Disclosure or unannounced yet. Is there anyone else left who could sub Adele?

Nobody else on the poster. Everyone else who would be big enough is likely to be elsewhere (i.e. Foals on Friday, LCD and New Order headlining the Other).

1 hour ago, jparx said:

If it comes out that Disclosure are playing on Friday/Sunday, it takes the Radiohead likeliness up a notch or two I think.

They 100% pretty much won't be doing Friday, and Sunday is very slim. BMTH already announcs it was them bs Coldplay when they self confirmed....and Oli Sykes didn't jump their table at the awards for no reason.