Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

41 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

In my experience, he's always a bit different in his manner when he's thinking more about what he might be saying, and he's also not the most-confident of public speakers (he's just a farmer, don't forget).

It's something he often does when speaking to me, double-checking the words in the head before they come out of his mouth, to try and ensure he doesn't say something he shouldn't say. His more-normal conversations have a smoother flow.

Aye, I've noticed that.

If you compare how he speaks when he's talking about new infrastructure on the site, or the dairy farm itself, or talking about festivals of the past, to how he talks when he's speaking about future festivals, or the line-up - there's definitely a lot more deliberation over words from Michael. 

And he's also 81 this year...

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Hi Neil, sorry to pester but I didn't manage to draw an answer from you in the relevant thread.

The BMTH info you mentioned yesterday about the position you had them down for being wrong - was the info that they aren't playing Sunday Other Stage or that they specifically aren't headlining it? As, to me, the former would suggest Sunday JP headliners whilst the latter would suggest Sunday Other subs.

The answer is: I'm not entirely sure, in part because I'm not entirely sure now that I took what was said to me in the right way.

I was told I had BMTH wrong, and I took that as being wrong day when I've since realised it might have been wrong stage.... and your question now also throws in wrong position.

I've since tried to get clarity about it, but haven't had a reply.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

The answer is: I'm not entirely sure, in part because I'm not entirely sure now that I took what was said to me in the right way.

I was told I had BMTH wrong, and I took that as being wrong day when I've since realised it might have been wrong stage.... and your question now also throws in wrong position.

I've since tried to get clarity about it, but haven't had a reply.

Fair enough, thanks for the reply :)

4 minutes ago, mark_87 said:

What's the latest thoughts on Radiohead playing Glastonbury then? I only dip in here intermittently and there's too much to sift through

I'm currently strongly with the idea that they'll perform before Adele.

Despite being strongly attached to that idea, I'm far from certain about it. I've had several supposedly well-sourced things come my way saying they're definitely not doing it, yet there's too many other things which make it hard to put away the idea they are.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm currently strongly with the idea that they'll perform before Adele.

Despite being strongly attached to that idea, I'm far from certain about it. I've had several supposedly well-sourced things come my way saying they're definitely not doing it, yet there's too many other things which make it hard to put away the idea they are.

brightened up my day already neil cheers !

1 hour ago, snailcheeks said:

All, where can I listen to In Rainbows as it is not on spotify. Lost my old download. Cheers 

Most of them are on, it's just that they're on different albums (the grey ones aren't on Spotify, they're my copies):

wPDcFNG.png

You can buy the album from the WASTE store.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Those setlists make me very upset. 

Gutted I cant go to the Roundhouse.

Do A Fecking tour

Do fecking Glastonbury

Second up vote from me in 2 posts.

I really like the new album, love the band, but when I listen to them I have a voice in the back of my head reminding me that they've decided to play only the capital in a venue that means the vast majority of their fanbase have no chance of seeing them and a decent proportion of the crowd will be touts.

Seeing that setlist from Paris only makes it worse :sorry:

3 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Has this been discussed? Haven't been keeping up with the set list talk in this thread 

https://amp.twimg.com/v/669a0b8f-a849-4c83-a547-ca0bc69a89d1

Extensively :P

People either think he's just pointing out that Radiohead are from Oxford, or that he dropped a bollock and accidentally announced RH.

We'll probably know in 8 days!

22 minutes ago, Gman123 said:

Yeah I booked my Friday tickets through gigsandtours.com and still not received them :/ 

Don't like having to wait 48 hours before the event before anyone can do anything about it either

I'm in the same boat and I tracked my tickets today and it had changed their status to say they'll be at the venue. Bit concerned as I requested them to be delivered.

10 minutes ago, gluther said:

I'm in the same boat and I tracked my tickets today and it had changed their status to say they'll be at the venue. Bit concerned as I requested them to be delivered.

Just checked and mine says the same. I've never been to the Roundhouse before, is there a clear box office bit that I can go to?

8 minutes ago, Gman123 said:

Just checked and mine says the same. I've never been to the Roundhouse before, is there a clear box office bit that I can go to?

Yeah it's enormous and right as you go in.

going to unleash something here. Ive been listening to amnesiac lately and while it isnt as good as kid not much is . Its still a cracking album might be their most underated album.And i do have a very large soft spot for hail to the theif