Acoustic stage headliners 2016

Michaels denim shorts

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember few weeks back Noel Gallagher did an interview with nme he mentioned that he had a few acoustic gigs coming up at end of the year so maybe he could do it if he's announced for the pyramid

Maybe Johnny marr or Liam fray as well!

Swear I'm not from Manchester

One thing that can be guaranteed is it'll definitely be none of them, thankfully

Don't see why not maybe Noel is a bit of a push but Liam fray is a big possibility

All you need to do is have a look at previous line ups, look at the acoustic stage in each of them, and you'll figure out why Liam Fray won't be headlining the acoustic stage this year

Make big did it in 2014 same year he subbed R&L Wilkins Johnson last year and Paul Heston and Jackie albot played as well so pretty sure Liam fray could fit somewhere on that stage especially with how well courteeners went down last year

Well he won't be headlining it if he did, which is probably what was meant. I doubt Liam Fray doing acoustic Courteeners songs would be on the stage bookers' lists at all but I guess we'd have to wait and see.

Would love to see Richard Hawley do an acoustic set

He had a rant about the festival being corporate and shit a couple of years back so it;s unlikely.

Well he won't be headlining it if he did, which is probably what was meant. I doubt Liam Fray doing acoustic Courteeners songs would be on the stage bookers' lists at all but I guess we'd have to wait and see.

Yep exactly, whether he'll play or not I don't know, I doubt it personally but it's not impossible, but he most definitely won't headline

The Pretenders, if that rumour is true...after all, these days they're more or less a Chrissie Hynde project although i think Martin Chambers is back in the fray again?

Joe Jackson - never understood why he's never done Glasto, or perhaps I've missed that he has? he has a record out now and a tour into the fall. don't know how much lasting power that will have to June, but he'd be a nice alternative on the Adele night

Guy Garvey more likely for the Park?

The Pretenders, if that rumour is true...after all, these days they're more or less a Chrissie Hynde project although i think Martin Chambers is back in the fray again?

Joe Jackson - never understood why he's never done Glasto, or perhaps I've missed that he has? he has a record out now and a tour into the fall. don't know how much lasting power that will have to June, but he'd be a nice alternative on the Adele night

Guy Garvey more likely for the Park?

I've been pleading on here for years for Mr Jackson but without any luck.

Ps He has never played Glastonbury and it's about time he did :good: