2017 festival

kaosmark2

16 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

So SoaD can't yet in the last 5 years they've had Bring Me The Horizon, Royal Blood twice, ZZ Top, Motorhead, Enter Shikari twice, Metallica, QOTSA and others. Plenty of metal and hard rock bands play at Glastonbury.

That's hardly 'plenty of metal and hard rock bands' but I agree, it proves that SOAD could play.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

So SoaD can't yet in the last 5 years they've had Bring Me The Horizon, Royal Blood twice, ZZ Top, Motorhead, Enter Shikari twice, Metallica, QOTSA and others. Plenty of metal and hard rock bands play at Glastonbury.

Yeah but it's System of a Down. They're like the least Glastonbury booking going. 

20 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Yeah but it's System of a Down. They're like the least Glastonbury booking going. 

Not at all, do you think Glastonbury wouldn't book on the biggest metal bands of the 21st century, especially when they are rumoured to be having a new album?

Im not saying they will, I'm just saying that there's a clear chance they will play

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

You were doing well then said RB. They are nothing like the others.

Have you ever listened to QOTSA, they're very similar to Royal Blood.

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I don't think it's particularly likely that they'll play but I disagree with the idea that there's a 'Glastonbury type booking'. Just look at Recent Other Stage headliners: New Order, The Chemical Brothers, Jake Bugg, Queens of the Stone Age, Pet Shop Boys.

11 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I don't think it's particularly likely that they'll play but I disagree with the idea that there's a 'Glastonbury type booking'. Just look at Recent Other Stage headliners: New Order, The Chemical Brothers, Jake Bugg, Queens of the Stone Age, Pet Shop Boys.

None of those are anywhere near as "out there" as System of a Down. 

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Looks like Foos are back already. More likely for Glastonbury I'd imagine although arent their headliners pretty much known already?

there's been a big question mark over who the Sunday headliner will be since The Stone Roses got ruled out. Glastonbury in 2017 rolling out their return and then Reading/Leeds in 2018 with a new album would be my guess for Foo Fighters

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

there's been a big question mark over who the Sunday headliner will be since The Stone Roses got ruled out. Glastonbury in 2017 rolling out their return and then Reading/Leeds in 2018 with a new album would be my guess for Foo Fighters

Certainly one of the possible acts for 2018.

We could end up with something like Foos/Muse/Arctic Monkeys if they want to book strong in Glastos year off or equally book weak because of less competition and end up with one of those alongside BMTH or Royal Blood, probably the latter as I can't see Reading affording those three as headliner and still getting a reasonable undercard

44 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Certainly one of the possible acts for 2018.

We could end up with something like Foos/Muse/Arctic Monkeys if they want to book strong in Glastos year off or equally book weak because of less competition and end up with one of those alongside BMTH or Royal Blood, probably the latter as I can't see Reading affording those three as headliner and still getting a reasonable undercard

I reckon they'll have at least one who hasn't headlined before yet, so my guess would be Foos/Arctic Monkeys/BMTH in 2018, 2017 being Kasabian/Kanye/Royal Blood & Alt-J coheadlining, or Royal Blood outright headlining

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I think that virtually sums it up. We'll probably see tomorrow after Neil has seen I found if it's strong enough to put FF as SR and if there is legit I found out there he may well find out anyway.

29 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Kanye won't headline R+L

Yeah, hip-hop doesn't belong at R&L and they never should headline. They should keep acts like Boy Better Know, A$AP Rocky, Nas, Kendrick, Run The Jewels, Macklemore and Eminem away...

(Sarcasm incase I didn't make that clear)

Edited by Gozpot

5 minutes ago, VCK said:

How about an all-British set of headliners next year? Royal Blood, Kasabian and The Stone Roses?

Royal Blood as a outright headliner without having even announced a second album? Not happening.

Kasabian are a cert, Stone Roses seem possible, although with their reputation live i'd rather we got someone else.

Edited by Gozpot