2017 festival

kaosmark2

29 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Soad, blink, green day and linkin park for nova rock the week of download. 

Thought everyone was adamant blink weren't here till July? In fact pop punk sucks was being quite the dick about it. 

Edit. Wrong thread. Still relevant as some are saying they're playing Leeds in August. Can't see travis making two boat trips.

Yeah I can't see Travis doing that, either. Blink headlining with Shikari subbing though :ninja:  

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah I can't see Travis doing that, either. Blink headlining with Shikari subbing though :ninja:  

I love Blink and I like Shikari but God does that look weak with Blink having played so much recently and Shikari playing too often and not being big enough to sub.

Either way certainly gives weight to Blink at DL now Novarock has confirmed them

1 hour ago, lightning1000 said:

Soad, blink, green day and linkin park for nova rock the week of download. 

Thought everyone was adamant blink weren't here till July? In fact pop punk sucks was being quite the dick about it. 

Edit. Wrong thread. Still relevant as some are saying they're playing Leeds in August. Can't see travis making two boat trips.

I would think Download at least went for them.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

yeah i was one of the people originally thinking they'd co-headline/sub but right now i think NME headliner is where they should/will end up

With you all the way on that one, their return has been underwhelming in terms of fan response which dropped them to sub for me and this has just lowered them even further.

If it's an arena tour then what a joke, seeing as this 'small venue' your didn't even sell spectacularly. NME headliner seems appropriate for sure. Get Jimmy Eat World underneath them and it'd be a decent evening of music (apart from YMAS...) 

Edited by Andre91

On 26/10/2016 at 9:57 AM, Odessa said:

Obviously it would never happen as you implied but I reckon they'd go down no worse than your average headliner at R&L. I don't think the size of their crowd would reflect quite how big they are but it wouldn't be small.

I think they'd get 70,000 comfortably potentially going to about 80,000. Which as you say, is a lot for reading and Leeds but for them, probably isn't when they played to 100k+ at Glastonbury last year. Interesting thought though!

Edited by Jud8

12 minutes ago, Jud8 said:

Right so what's the latest predictions on the 3 headliners?

That's it'll probably be 4.

But in reality Kasabian/?/?

We have no real indications of any other bands that could headline as of this time, BMTH have seemingly ruled themselves out of next year but will surely be nailed on for 2018.

15 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Kanye West, The Strokes, Paramore, Kings of Leon, Royal Blood, BMTH (still) should all be in the mix, I would think. 

Kanye has only ever been wishful thinking, i don't think that there's much hope of Reading booking him, although if they did it'd be fantastic.

The Strokes are in an awkward position, they've never outright headlined and have been away for quite a while and their general interest has certainly decreased, i don't think R&L would book them to headline without having seen how the next album goes first.

Paramore are very possible, although they've played in the top two slots on mainstage in 2010, 2012 and 2014 so maybe Reading would want to hold off to slow repeat bookings?

KoL i would think would be very much a back up booking for R&L and are seemingly doing BST due to no London date on their UK tour, which would definitely mean they aren't headlining.

Royal Blood i think it's too soon, Reading would want to see how the album goes before bumping a band with one album to a headliner, 2018 possibly but not 2017.

BMTH have almost said in black and white that they aren't playing R&L and won't be again until they are offered a full headline slot, which will undoubtably be on the back on a new album which would set them up for 2018.