2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Was anyone really expecting Foos, blink or Arcade Fire anyway? 

Will be Kasabian and 2 others. BMTH a possibility but their comments a few weeks back hint they might not, although if they're offered a full headline slot they'll for sure take it you'd imagine. 

One of the other two nights should be perceivably 'heavy' headliner(s), I should think. The barrier for that is pretty low tho like RHCP and Foos have been so it could be someone like Royal Blood, but I don't see there being a trio of like the Stone Roses, Kasabian and The Strokes, if you get me.

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Was anyone really expecting Foos, blink or Arcade Fire anyway? 

Will be Kasabian and 2 others. BMTH a possibility but their comments a few weeks back hint they might not, although if they're offered a full headline slot they'll for sure take it you'd imagine. 

We were told (be it) bogus info about Blink, so they were considered at one point

i always thought it likely that the foos would sack off glastonbury if reading gave them a decent pay check

also - Arcade Fire were one of my predictions for this year. I still think they can headline and get a good reception!

I don't think it'l be BMTH. Instead I think Kasabian, Alt-J / Royal Blood co-headline and probably someone like Kings of Leon or the Killers

i'd be more inclined to think KOL

11 minutes ago, foolee said:

I'm beginning to think it might be Kasabian/Avenged Sevenfold/Paramore or someone else.

maybe i'm just out of the loop concerning them but Avenged Sevenfold seem like they'd go down like a sack of shit. they seemed like a bit of a pish headliner at Download a couple of years back - i just don't see them being considered for R/L

Kasabian
Royal Blood/Alt-J
Kanye

is still what i reckon

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

maybe i'm just out of the loop concerning them but Avenged Sevenfold seem like they'd go down like a sack of shit. they seemed like a bit of a pish headliner at Download a couple of years back - i just don't see them being considered for R/L

Kasabian
Royal Blood/Alt-J
Kanye

is still what i reckon

I just can't see Kanye doing it (with his history at festivals being pretty poor) and I would assume they'd want a bit of a heavier day so unless someone else starts touring or they get Paramore to do it.

13 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Avenged would never headline R/L

I don't see why not, keeps them in the headliner pool for download and they have a new album out. Would seem strange for them to do nothing for a summer in the UK with a new album out. There doesn't exactly seem to be loads of headliners in contention.

Edited by foolee

4 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

Can definitely see it being A7X or BMTH. I wonder if Iron Maiden is too out there...?

Maiden doing an arena tour in May so unlikely (not that they'd be very likely these days anyway)

still maintain that BMTH will do it in 2018 rather than next year but guess we shall see

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Royal Blood not heavy enough if they're part of some co-headliner combo?

I can see them subbing Foo FIghters at Glastonbury and headlining/co in 2018.

9 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

Can definitely see it being A7X or BMTH. I wonder if Iron Maiden is too out there...?

I agree with this, can certainly see a heavier day with one of these topping the bill would go down well with Kasabian and another big ish headliner going down well with either of those mentioned.

Do people actually think Royal Blood could headline/co-headline without having even announced a second album yet?

I see them doing a few festivals this year (Glasto, Download etc) then coming back to R&L in 2018 and depending how the album does either headlining, co-headlining or subbing (although it'd have to go poorly to only sub).

Alt-J seem like very likely candidates to me and apparently Melvin kept going on about them in an interview at R&L last year and kept mentioning 2018 in the same sentences too, so maybe that's a bit telling?

8 minutes ago, foolee said:

I can see them subbing Foo FIghters at Glastonbury and headlining/co in 2018.

i think they'll do both like Foals did this year

3 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Do people actually think Royal Blood could headline/co-headline without having even announced a second album yet?

I see them doing a few festivals this year (Glasto, Download etc) then coming back to R&L in 2018 and depending how the album does either headlining, co-headlining or subbing (although it'd have to go poorly to only sub).

they may not have announced a second album yet, but it can't be far off and then their booking as a co-headliner will no doubt make total sense with all the renewed hype that will undoubtedly follow. this is the same festival that put them third down Main from the hype of one album - i can't see them not taking a bold move and sticking them straight as a co-headliner. definitely don't see them waiting until 2018 to do it when people have grown tired of them

A7X would be something different. I think they'd go down well enough. It'd give them that push of headlining somewhere other than DL too, similar to how Five Finger Death Punch played this year. Live Nation do both festivals don't they so it would be good for them to have another band who could headline both. 

A7X subbed by Shikari.

Edited by Andre91

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

A7X would be something different. I think they'd go down well enough. It'd give them that push of headlining somewhere other than DL too, similar to how Five Finger Death Punch played this year. Live Nation do both festivals don't they so it would be good for them to have another band who could headline both. 

A7X subbed by Shikari.

Shikari ain't subbing shit

17 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

A7X subbed by Shikari.

A7x wouldn't headline at R&L, if SoaD subbed in 2013 there's no way A7x are headlining, notice how at Download FFDP played 3rd top and at Reading they played 5th, pretty much ever metal act plays lower at R&L than Download, except the massive ones like Metallica.

Shikari aren't subbing either, they'll probably end up headlining Slam Dunk and then either 3rd top on Main or NME headliner at R&L.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

A7X subbed by Shikari.

Come on dude, put some effort in!, it would be the worst selling day in Reading history.