Is it ok to be bricking it about oct tickets already

Respectfatfrog

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ^

It's all about grabbing a session when one becomes free....the more times you refresh the first page the more chance you have of grabbing a free session. Luck plays a big part but there is no question that someone who refreshes every 5 seconds is going to have more chance than someone who refreshes every 10 seconds.

Given this the quickest way to refresh is as Kali says...one finger...one browser etc. I have experimented with multiple pages refreshing in sequence and every time the one finger, one browser approach wins over.

Of course you can easily jeopardise your chances by not staying focused....once the link goes live keep to the plan until you either get a booking page, or it sells out. Don't waste valuable time grabbing a beer, having a crap or tweeting that 'seetickets are shit....' etc. Stay on it. Then when you get a ticket you'll be elated, and if you don't you at least know you couldn't have done more.

If you want increase your chances a little more then have second device that simply sits on the 'queue' page and refreshes itself every 20 seconds. You might get a sniff. Don't bother with multiple tabs as it's all the same session. Multiple browsers on the same machine will increase the chances as they will be separate sessions, as would multiple machines.....but have all this running as a backup to your one finger, one page, one browser primary approach.

After about 2 minutes of trying to stay on top of 3 devices hungover I switched to 1 finger 1 tab on the laptop and left the other 2 auto refreshing, I reckon if I stayed refreshing the 3 I might have missed it since I was fairly delicate and unable to concentrate. This year I'll be refreshing the laptop and letting my phone auto refresh and hopefully I wont be the only one in my group awake again...

Might get coach tickets deposit on a different registration/address as a back up and then try for normal ticket deposit in the general sale with a different registration. Can always cancel the coach ticket less an admin fee and put it back in the pot for some lucky person in April..

Please don't. Some of us actually want coach tickets and I'd much rather not wait until April because of people double dipping

Is T-day definitely October 4th? I'm running a half marathon on the 11th and really don't want to put my fate in someone else's hands, at least when I can't also try for myself. I'm seriously considering sacking off the run if it turns out to be the week after (and because I can't really be arsed with the training at the moment).

I've also found the one tab (on IE, I think), one finger refreshing constantly works best too. As soon as that countdown to auto-refresh goes from 20 secs to 19 I hit F5 - worked ok for me last year and in the resale when I got BoneDaddy's  (off here) for him. (Hope you had a good time, by the way!) My fella does the same on the  iPad through 3G as back up.

Saying that, I got in by the skin of my teeth last October, finally in at about 9.22, sold out by 9.24. Shit...

ETA: ...and I'm sure it's been said before, but have everything typed out already - reg numbers, card number etc - so you can just copy and paste. I'm sure that saved my bacon last October; reckon they'd have sold out in the time I was typing otherwise.

Edited by alibear

I'm bricking it becuase I've come to realise anyone I've ever gone with has been so lax with getting tickets :banghead:

Seems like come Sunday I'm the only one awake ready to hit refresh whilst they'll almost always be hungover in bed. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother. But then I instantly remember

Much more chilled about getting a ticket these days, you get 4 def opportunities to get one, 2 main/coach and 2 main/coach resales, plus the secret sale. After the main sales, the interest level drop off is massive which gives greater chance at the resales

I keep having nightmares about it, literally. I had one last night the type you think is real for a few seconds after you wake up. I was through to the booking page and screaming at my wife to read out the registration numbers but she was ignoring me/asleep on the sofa, it was a real feeling of helplessness. Of course I could have just read the numbers out myself, but hey, it was a dream.

This year was my first time and it was the first year I really put the required amount of effort in with the setup I had. If I don't get tickets this time I will be 100 times more gutted than last year because last year I didn't know what I was missing but this year I do, hence the dreams.

We are just about to book a holiday for the week beforehand (coming back the Friday) and I have come across a hotel called the Avalon Hotel, I feel compelled to stay there even though it isn't our first choice because it feels like fate, yet if I don't stay there it might tempt fate the other way.

In short I'm going slightly mad already.

My friends who couldn't be arsed to register last year and said I could be the guinea pig, have decided they want to next yr. As much as company might be nice I don't want having to put their reg details in slowing me down!-and I know it will be left to me to do it.

Then just don't. I got so tired of this I'll now only try for friends who are also up and trying - it's amazing how many suddenly learn to control their saturday night drinking after missing out on t-day.

One of life's harsh lessons - you can't always be the person to rescue everyone or they just come to expect it

We are just about to book a holiday for the week beforehand (coming back the Friday) and I have come across a hotel called the Avalon Hotel

Is this the Avalon in NYC? we stayed there last year - it's a great little hotel.

Try getting a ticket from China, through the great firewall, using a Chinese debit card...

I am always sorted for tickets but usually try to get through on ticket day to help out eFesters and sometimes it works.

李焱Shaoxing, if you are popping over from China, you are currently at the top of my list of people to help. Good effort! Pm me or contact me through my website,  www.englishgardenart.com   (If you are allowed to in China) 

(Well equal first with Guy PJF, but he always seems to get lucky :)  )