Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Thats a load of shit mate. I have been a city fan for over 30 years and been there through all the bad times. The players, managers and owners copped for far worse abuse in the past than they do now. if you were in Manchester during the 90's you will have seen the abuse Peter Swales got and he was a City fan. Lets not kid ourselves and pretend the current fanbase is worse than it was during the bad times. These current fans are not having running battles with opposition fans outside the ground or invading the pitch kicking off with Spurs fans because we are getting beat in the fa cup quarter final. People generally look back through misty eyes but the misty eyes have a tendency to cloud the truth,

Yes City fans stuck with the team through thick and thin. That is the reason we are in the position we are today. We could have ended up like Leeds or Sheff Weds. Lets not pretend the current fanbase is any different from the past as it is not. The only thing that has changed is the level we are operating at.

I think if you polled football fans nationwide the question "why are man city where there are today". Fans sticking through the club through thick and then would not come top of the poll! 

Swales was before my time. I was I'm Manchester 98-01. I remember going to Maine road and the wrexham fans spent the whole game singing there's only one David Beckham (following the 98 world cup) the city fans were going crazy after the game, but I have no problem with a bit of aggression within the confines of the law. The increase of the prawn sandwich brigade at the bigger clubs has been to the games detriment in my view.

I stand by the comment that city fans are acting like spoilt brats. Whatever level you are at you sometimes have poor seasons and life can go on without the toys all being thrown out.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the England Squad for the Euros has apparently been leaked. If it is true, then I can't see too much wrong with it other than Luke Shaw being included over Danny Rose (absolutely ludicrous) and Wilshere being included. I'm an Arsenal supporter, but to include a player who has been on the pitch for six minutes all season is mind boggling. For me, Walker should be in too. 

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

So the England Squad for the Euros has apparently been leaked. If it is true, then I can't see too much wrong with it other than Luke Shaw being included over Danny Rose (absolutely ludicrous) and Wilshere being included. I'm an Arsenal supporter, but to include a player who has been on the pitch for six minutes all season is mind boggling. For me, Walker should be in too. 

Not a chance Shaw will be in it.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I think if you polled football fans nationwide the question "why are man city where there are today". Fans sticking through the club through thick and then would not come top of the poll! 

Swales was before my time. I was I'm Manchester 98-01. I remember going to Maine road and the wrexham fans spent the whole game singing there's only one David Beckham (following the 98 world cup) the city fans were going crazy after the game, but I have no problem with a bit of aggression within the confines of the law. The increase of the prawn sandwich brigade at the bigger clubs has been to the games detriment in my view.

I stand by the comment that city fans are acting like spoilt brats. Whatever level you are at you sometimes have poor seasons and life can go on without the toys all being thrown out.

I perfectly respect your viewpoint mate and I can understand to some extent where you are coming from in regards to the fanbase. There are a number of Johnny Come Lately's or prawn sandwich munchers as you put it. The vast majority of those fans are the ones who have seen the rough times.

Last season was equally as disappointing yet most people stayed and applauded the team and manager after the final game. At the end of this season people had just had enough. Pellegrini has been a stubborn fool and we have gone backwards. He did not help himself with comments like he came out after the cup final where he stated he would have rather have lost than break his word to Willy. It is the club that is the most important thing, not his relationship with certain players.

There has been no demonstrations, no planes flying over the stadium and no chanting for his demise. It is clear though that the fans are extremely unhappy in regards to his management and they have every right to go home rather than stand there like happy clappers.

Try getting to watch Latics... that would open your eyes up.

The only thing with a lot of city fans now, that I will never get is, the abuse Yaya Toure gets. This is from people I know with season tickets. He may be lazy at times, but he is a massive reason city have won what they have. 

The FA win vs Stoke - he got them over the line. The aguero season, he was phenomenal at times. City fans should be thankfull and roll out the red carpet every time he visits... and get him a birthday cake.

21 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Try getting to watch Latics... that would open your eyes up.

The only thing with a lot of city fans now, that I will never get is, the abuse Yaya Toure gets. This is from people I know with season tickets. He may be lazy at times, but he is a massive reason city have won what they have. 

The FA win vs Stoke - he got them over the line. The aguero season, he was phenomenal at times. City fans should be thankfull and roll out the red carpet every time he visits... and get him a birthday cake.

I never slag Yaya, we have let him down by not playing to his strengths and he often got hung out to dry when it was not his fault.

I have been to see Latics quite a lot over the years. My uncle was chief scout there and worked there in other capacities for over 30 years, so I got free tickets when I wanted to go. He retired a couple of years ago but Sheridan recently asked him to go back on a part time basis to do a little bit of Scouting.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I switched off bang on full time. Not a fan of either side but the West Ham w*nkfest was unbearable during the match. I can only imagine the horror that followed.

An atrocity on good taste.

Can't believe it's all over, came round so quickly and was done in a flash. Am glad the occasion got the game of football it deserved and hats off to the players for being able to produce under the circumstances. The scoreline may have read 3-2 but the gap between the two sides on the night was much wider than that. Strange strange day, have never felt such a tourist at my own home before. Did not want to leave.