Headliners 2016

thewayiam

36 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Ms Antilles isn't going this year, and even if she was I take pride in knowing she'd be dragging us as far away from Adele as is humanly possible.

Asked my wife when the tweet came through about Adele , if she was going would she choose Adele or new order ( she has all Adele's cd's)

she chose new order surprisingly! Felt really quite proud!

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

What's stopping a poster reveal by Glastonbury? The headliners are the ones the press are bothered about - so it wont create that much press any more.

Is it to keep us speculating? (I hope so, if I was EE I'd love winding people up)

Is it contractual? I.e. They set a date with promoters.

Is it because they are just not finished?

Is it cos they can't be arsed yet?

On the face of it, they could do it now - but my knowledge of these things is limited.

Peter Saville must be designing it.

2 hours ago, ICGenie said:

Any man who doesn't have the balls to say, "You go and see Adele, I'll go and see something else," doesn't deserve a "newer model".

Honestly couples / groups who feel the need to do Glastonbury in each other's pockets freak me out...

So me wanting to hang out with my wife means that I lack balls?

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

Any woman who strikes a deal where upon her fella has to watch Adele above New Order needs trading in for a newer model.

I'm just going to come out and say it, as shocking and blasphemous is it may be.... I am not interested in seeing New Order.

There, I said it. Seen them four or five times in the past and have always been disappointed by them.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm just going to come out and say it, as shocking and blasphemous is it may be.... I am not interested in seeing New Order.

There, I said it. Seen them four or five times in the past and have always been disappointed by them.

Heathen :-)

This is a genuine question, not taking the piss or having a go,  for the folk who are having to "compromise" with their other half on who to see. How does your relationship work, especially at something like Glastonbury, when you have such differing music tastes? Mrs Orgazoid and I have very similar tastes, and music is such a huge part of our lives that I couldn't imagine being with someone that didn't enjoy the same stuff as I do. 

1 minute ago, The Orgazoid said:

This is a genuine question, not taking the piss or having a go,  for the folk who are having to "compromise" with their other half on who to see. How does your relationship work, especially at something like Glastonbury, when you have such differing music tastes? Mrs Orgazoid and I have very similar tastes, and music is such a huge part of our lives that I couldn't imagine being with someone that didn't enjoy the same stuff as I do. 

Our tastes are about 80% similar so it's never too much of an issue. We're usually part of a bigger group so we will often separate as part of that. For me it usually depends on what the options are, if she wants to see something I'm not fussed about and there's nothing else on I fancy I don't mind going along. If there's a clash we sometimes split up (last year I went to The Libertines she went to The Proclaimers).

We do tend to watch headliners together though.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

What's stopping a poster reveal by Glastonbury? The headliners are the ones the press are bothered about - so it wont create that much press any more.

Is it to keep us speculating? (I hope so, if I was EE I'd love winding people up)

Is it contractual? I.e. They set a date with promoters.

Is it because they are just not finished?

Is it cos they can't be arsed yet?

On the face of it, they could do it now - but my knowledge of these things is limited.

probably a mixture of the last 2. there's probably the odd mid-level band that has't completely signed off on playing yet, and there's no reason for Glastonbury to be rushing out a poster when they could wait another week or 2 and have a couple more acts definitely signed up and on it.

55 minutes ago, The Orgazoid said:

Wasnt even a conversation when PiL and Kenny Rogers were on at the same time. 

"see you in a few hours"

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

So me wanting to hang out with my wife means that I lack balls?

I don't think that's what I said is it?  You've got the rest of the festival to "hang out".  I mean, if you genuinely can't cope without each other for a couple of hours then I suppose it's fair enough but don't make out that you're making some huge sacrifice or something.

I suspect she would enjoy Adele a lot more without you moping about, kicking your feet and wishing you were elsewhere.  With 100 alternative options still to be announced I wouldn't be making any such deals.

1 hour ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

I suppose with your partner it depends on  your relationship some people need to be in each other's pockets all the time, some people get on fine being more independent minded. My Mrs is completely different taste wise to me..where as I live for music, spend a fortune on quality gear to listen to it and travel the length of the country going to gigs she'll just listen to 'what's on the radio' does it affect our closeness? Course it doesnt, we accept each othet for who we both are (hell weve been married almost 6 years think shes used to me by now haha )and in fact it can be a benefit as when I go to gigs or festis I don't have anyone else to think about bar myself,

However Im bringing her to glasto next year with the kids and I'm lookin forward to watching there looks of amazement as they take it all in....but would it be a major deal if I wanted to go off by myself for a while to check out someone she wasn't bothered about? Not at all. And I love that kind of relationship, total trust, no smothering and enough respect to let each other have some freedom.....Id take that over someone who couldn't deal without me(esp at a festival) even if they happened to be Into the same music.

100% this.

34 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

I don't think that's what I said is it?  You've got the rest of the festival to "hang out".  I mean, if you genuinely can't cope without each other for a couple of hours then I suppose it's fair enough but don't make out that you're making some huge sacrifice or something.

I suspect she would enjoy Adele a lot more without you moping about, kicking your feet and wishing you were elsewhere.  With 100 alternative options still to be announced I wouldn't be making any such deals.

That was precisely what you said. And at no point have I said I'm making any sort of sacrifice.

Not entirely sure what qualifies you to pass judgement on how people enjoy their festival.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

That was precisely what you said. And at no point have I said I'm making any sort of sacrifice.

Not entirely sure what qualifies you to pass judgement on how people enjoy their festival.

I'm gonna write all this down so me and my missus can just read it to each other to save having an actual row on the Saturday!

:-)