Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ClementsMike said:

Absolute Radio announced they dont know anything and are waiting for an announcement! This is good news, I can go back to 6 Music.

its all good mate us saddo's here will keep you updated if absolute announce anything :P

5 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

You have to be kidding, Lee!

I will confess to being almost completely an undercard man, since my taste in music rarely finds me interested in headliners at 'big' festivals. 

But, The National aside, and on the basis that New Order are nailed on for Other, that initial Latitude undercard is incredibly dull and unexciting. Whereas, given the way that the other festivals' line-ups have panned out so far, I am worried that this GF will be my worst ever festival for clashes. It could be a stellar line-up below Pyramid headliners...

Ben

What I was trying to say - only said much better.

28 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

I was originally told 6 Music this morning, so was surprised when everyone banged on about Absolute. Could all be BS for all I know but let's wait and see.

Christ Eamer, I’ve been hanging my hat on you actually having some info, not just reading the internet rumours.

1 minute ago, Badlands said:

Christ Eamer, I’ve been hanging my hat on you actually having some info, not just reading the internet rumours.

I piped up about this before it was all over the Internet. Wait and see. Something is happening today I'm just not sure where!

13 minutes ago, stixmcvix said:

Not necessarily so. The article is from yesterday, the article refers to the wrong Twitter journalist and the Mani comment is a joke.

if they ARE announcing today they've left it a bit late haven't they?

I have half hour left at work then I can fuck off, go home, open my first beer, roll my first herbal cigarette and then sit listening to the radio waiting for nothing to happen..... I don't know why I am getting so hyped about this its infuriating!

3 hours ago, EamerRed said:

As a huge Roses fan, I am slightly worried. I don't see how it can be anywhere near as good as that first album in all honesty.

It does not have to be as good as the first one. There are not many bands, if any that make albums as good as that 1st one.

2 hours ago, shuttlep said:

I am hoping for the Stone Roses. that would be massive

alas I fear their news will be a new album

I would rather a new album than a Glastonbury appearance. In regards to new music today, my one tentative link to the Roses has said the rumours about today are a load of bollocks. Just to add, there WILL be new music at some point, but not today.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

It's going against Adele....it's likely to be that big anyway.

They will get a bigger crowd with Adele headlining than they would with The Roses doing it.

Edited by eastynh

4 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I’m no PR guru but I’m guessing that Friday afternoon isn’t the optimum time of the week to make an announcement.

Calling shenanigans on the story.

The Roses do not really operate the same way as everyone else. They never have and I doubt they will start playing the game any time soon.

9 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I’m no PR guru but I’m guessing that Friday afternoon isn’t the optimum time of the week to make an announcement.

Calling shenanigans on the story.

Depends. Weekends are dead time for news so if something big gets announced on a Friday it's likely to stay a headline until the Mobday