Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Muse headlining this year, a year in to their tour, seems off, never mind adding another year to it. If they aren't headlining this year then it won't be until their next album 

You're right, that would be odd. Still holding out for Roses and Radiohead - no muse in 2016. Think Coldplay is a cert 

5 minutes ago, Couchy said:

I know they'd highly unlikely be headliners, but what happened to the Dire Straits rumour?

Was it just MK's daughter on twitter?

Yes.  Sequence of event seemed to be:

1. She told him he should play. He said nobody would want to see him.  
  2. She asked GlastoChat what they thought.
  3. Everything went bonkers, story picked up on Twitter and local paper, on here etc..  
  4. *guess* she got BOLLOCKED by her Dad *guess* 
  5. She pulled down her post, with shocked apology and asked the admins to do the same, stating how important privacy was to her and her family.  
  6. Everyone understood and did as she asked.  
  7. Story over.

Mixed in here was the offhand mention that he'd been asked to "headline" a few times over the years, with no further details.  Probably Acoustic Tent if anywhere, but we really don't know if that really happened.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

9 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

what is the status of the ac/dc rumors btw efests? heard anything concrete or still just that....a shady rumor?. Cant help but think if they are going to go with Coldplay and Radiohead an act like Ac/Dc would make sense to give at least one of the nights a different kind of feel rather then going with 3 pretty similar acts. (when it comes to fanbase etc)

More chance of a Chris Martin Supergroup with Prince and Emile Sande. 

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yes.  Sequence of event seemed to be:

1.  She told him he should play. He said nobody would want to see him.  
  2. She asked GlastoChat what they thought.
  3. Everything went bonkers, story picked up on Twitter and local paper, on here etc..  
  4. *guess* she got BOLLOCKED by her Dad *guess* 
  5. She pulled down her post, with shocked apology and asked the admins to do the same, stating how important privacy was to her and her family.  
  6. Everyone understood and did as she asked.  
  7. Story over,

Thank you. I remember getting excited when I saw it on here but didn't delve into it.

I only ask as my Dad is here & would lose his nut if they reformed.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I can't really see any other options bar the ones we've been going over and over. I guess Kanye came out of nowhere and wasn't even touring at the time last year so something similar could happen, but who? Christ knows. Most other options seem to be booked up or have just finished touring so unlikely to restart again just for Glastonbury

P***** or Daft Punk

1 minute ago, phimill said:

Is this a they've been quickly forgotten by efests - and you've now found some information? Or they are just forgettable in general?

this is ....

"a year or three back they were everyone's want to headline, but now no one cares"

Fashion, eh? :lol:

And let's face it, it was bad disco and everyone always knew it was.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

this is ....

"a year or three back they were everyone's want to headline, but now no one cares"

Bad disco done well. I think people have just come to terms that it will never happen. I'm sure if there was the smallest of rumours, the hype would be back.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

this is ....

Some music never survives the test of time. Only the true greats! 

1 minute ago, Bradders said:

Their first record wasn't bad disco at all and I think that's what most people on here are eager to see.

I agree with you on that part, tho it's not why most people wanted to see them.

That supertramp rip-off on their 2nd album killed them for me, but that was the point where most people tuned in.