Headliners 2016

thewayiam

I would love these rumours to all be incorrect and to have ACDC/Fleetwood Mac/Coldplay (coldplay because we all know they will pretty much) as headliners but it's probably not possible anymore.

If the whole radiohead thing is actually true and they do headline Id assume it would be Radiohead/adele/coldplay i can't see muse or foo's being up there.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

It's comfortably the most accurate and reliable festival website. There's a reason why so many of us stick around year after year!

Yeah I got a feeling that might be the case. I've used the site for the previous 2 Glastonburys but only tended to look around March onwards.

The wait from getting tickets to hearing an official line up (and then actually going) seems to get longer each year!

3 minutes ago, Chris Lfc said:

If the whole radiohead thing is actually true and they do headline Id assume it would be Radiohead/adele/coldplay i can't see muse or foo's being up there.

*IF* the Radiohead thing is true, then that's what I reckon, too.... tho I think I'll go with Muse playing on Sunday before Coldplay instead of not there at all.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

*IF* the Radiohead thing is true, then that's what I reckon, too.... tho I think I'll go with Muse playing on Sunday before Coldplay instead of not there at all.

Wow, that would be an incredible get for the festival.

Just now, eFestivals said:

Really?  Would they (or their management) really be happy with the drop in prestige from taking a sub slot after so many years as a headliner?  I'd thought of them as one of those band who have 'made it', like The Cure rather than say an act like Biffy who had their moment at the top, but are now back to being B-List.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that would be rather insane having two huge headliners back to back like that - i don't see it happening myself. i know Muse have expressed interest in playing again, but headliners taking lower billed slots just doesn't really happen does it? 

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Really?  Would they (or their management) really be happy with the drop in prestige from taking a sub slot after so many years as a headliner?  I'd thought of them as one of those band who have 'made it', like The Cure rather than say an act like Biffy who had their moment at the top, but are now back to being B-List.

There's loads of ways to spin the situation though that can massage egos appropriately.

Special Guest, Co-Headline, 4th Headliner, B-Sides set, Plane to catch, etc.

Or as I mentioned on another thread, it's not unprecedented for a (legitimate) headliner to play and then another smaller act to play after them. I saw it happen at Witnness 2001 - at the time Stereophonics were by far the bigger act and announced headliner, but Faithless closed the stage.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

There's loads of ways to spin the situation though that can massage egos appropriately.

Special Guest, Co-Headline, 4th Headliner, B-Sides set, Plane to catch, etc.

Or as I mentioned on another thread, it's not unprecedented for a (legitimate) headliner to play and then another smaller act to play after them. I saw it happen at Witnness 2001 - at the time Stereophonics were by far the bigger act and announced headliner, but Faithless closed the stage.

Was it a really late stage?  Like Faithless taking to the stage after midnight?

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Was it a really late stage?  Like Faithless taking to the stage after midnight?

Honestly, I can't remember exact times but I don't think it could have been too late - at a guess it would have been a midnight curfew. Maybe half past at the latest.

What are the licensing issues these days around Thursday and the bigger stages - Thursday seems to be getting a bigger and bigger part of the festival, with more and more performances at smaller venues. I just wondered what the rules were about Thursday and the bigger stages were these days? Are they still not allowed/don't want to do it? I suppose they couldn't really open up just one of the bigger stages because it would just be carnage their. I remember how the old Queens Head stage used to get on the Thursday!

9 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

What are the licensing issues these days around Thursday and the bigger stages - Thursday seems to be getting a bigger and bigger part of the festival, with more and more performances at smaller venues. I just wondered what the rules were about Thursday and the bigger stages were these days? Are they still not allowed/don't want to do it? I suppose they couldn't really open up just one of the bigger stages because it would just be carnage their. I remember how the old Queens Head stage used to get on the Thursday!

You only have to see how mental Williams Green gets these days (Wolf Alice was a struggle last year) to know that any kind of stand-alone 'headline set' which wasn't full on Pyramid Stage would be unsafe. 

43 minutes ago, GlastoSimon said:

You only have to see how mental Williams Green gets these days (Wolf Alice was a struggle last year) to know that any kind of stand-alone 'headline set' which wasn't full on Pyramid Stage would be unsafe. 

Even the Pyramid would be dangerous. Headline sized band up against no competition? You'd have 150,000 people descending on that field.