Patti Smith

Terence99

I agree with Gonzo, the crowds were manic after Hozier. I came from the Flushing loos just as Hozier finished and tried to go down past cider bus to the food stalls and couldn't get ANYWHERE NEAR. Waited 15 mins til it died a bit, grabbed food and a pint of Cider and headed into the crowd. Was funny to see everyone fuck off after Hozier and miss the joint best set of the weekend (IMO).

My favourite lines of hers were the animal one already mentioned and '*holds up guitar* 'THIS WAS THE WEAPON OF MY GENERATION!'

brilliant brilliant gig. I am now desperately on the lookout for tickets to see her and band in London in October - both shows sold out and would be a great birthday present for 1st November  :(

Edited by mungo57

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we walked to see the Smithstress we had to navigate through the huge, huge crowds of people leaving the Pyramid Arena after watching that Hozier that they have these days......the walkways were busier than at any other point that weekend.

Who does that? I mean, I can't even....

We got stuck in this and all. Insane.

One of the sets of the weekend. I was in tears from early on. Love that woman. Roll on October.

I don't think I ever want to see her again. However brilliant she can't top that. Unless she gets the Dalai Lama singing backing vocals.

By the way was it particularly dusty down there? My eyes kept watering for most of her set.

Epic set - both intense & ferocious and loving & gentle at the same time.

It was only when she tripped over at the end that I remembered she broke her back (or possibly neck as I remember seeing pictures of her in a neck brace) back in the seventies when she fell off stage. (that's a proper stage injury Dave)

I have also just remembered that I have her book Kids at home and have never read it

It was only when she tripped over at the end that I remembered she broke her back (or possibly neck as I remember seeing pictures of her in a neck brace) back in the seventies when she fell off stage. (that's a proper stage injury Dave)

15 feet in the orchestra pit an broke her neck yeah. Ouch!

Kids is an excellent read. So good that for a while it was all I gave to people as birthday presents. New ones obviously, not the same one over and over.

I think I bought it about two years ago for £1 when our local HMV was closing down - I faithfully promise to find it and start reading tonight

I agree with Gonzo, the crowds were manic after Hozier. I came from the Flushing loos just as Hozier finished and tried to go down past cider bus to the food stalls and couldn't get ANYWHERE NEAR. Waited 15 mins til it died a bit, grabbed food and a pint of Cider and headed into the crowd. Was funny to see everyone fuck off after Hozier and miss the joint best set of the weekend (IMO).

please spare a thought for us poor saps who got there early to secure a good spot and endured the end of hoziers set. Horrific scenes.

Ashamed to say I had no intention of seeing Patti, but some friends who I hadn;t caught up with text ed to say they were going so thought I'd trundle along

Best decision of the weekend

She was amazing, a true spiritual rock goddess ... totally blew my mind. I was in awe and cried like a baby when her special guest arrived. you could have heard a pin drop in the field - a very very special moment !

Probably looking back my festival highlight

Went for a wee at the urinals at the back. Tried looking for my Sunday ticket ex-housemate & some bloke in a onesie had just rolled up a doob & said he wasn't able to have it on his own around where my mate should be, but he's rubbish at just phone.

Yeah I really enjoyed Patti Smith & found my mate by just ambling around the left hand speaker.

please spare a thought for us poor saps who got there early to secure a good spot and endured the end of hoziers set. Horrific scenes.

Had to go through that for George f-ing Ezra just to get a spot on the hill where we could have a lie down and enjoy Burt Bacharach. That kid is utterly atrocious, I was stunned at the size of the crowd for it. A Macy Gray cover too, WTF. Of all the songs he could've picked and on top of that, he murdered it.

Patti was a real revelation for me. Only missed the first song and that annoys me know. Never actively listed to her material but the message, the passion, the music... As a few have said before, a Glastonbury defining act if ever there was one.

This just made me laugh, we walked with extreme purpose down the hill and arrived during the first song and picked over the blankets and into the pit on the right. No way was I sitting through Hozier.

Edited by giantkatestacks

Ooh that's grim being there through that dross hoziers. We got there and heard him still on, went the toilets at the top of the field, chatted and had a smoke with some like minded Patti fans till that noise had stopped. Met our pals, walked straight to the front. A lot of goons were leaving, we were questioning it. Why on earth would you leave then...idiots