Michael Jackson

simonsimondock

Nah. The very top-tier acts just don't do it (though would be happy to be proven wrong with Elton)

IIRC the 2009 gigs were supposed to be a 'farewell' anyway so i doubt his death changed much.

Yeah - elton's definitely a tier above the stones and paul mccartney.

Nah. The very top-tier acts just don't do it (though would be happy to be proven wrong with Elton)

IIRC the 2009 gigs were supposed to be a 'farewell' anyway so i doubt his death changed much.

those gigs in 2009 were because he was skint. it is likely he'd have done more around the world, not that i could ever see him at Glastonbury.

If you're using album sales as the only factor related as to whether an artist is the top tier (and therefore wouldn't play glastonbury), so you are therefore discounting the stones and u2 (who have the highest grossing tours of all time) from top tier.

If paul mccartney is not considered part of the top tier because he was only part of the beatles.

If the remaining 'top tier' are elvis who is dead, pink floyd and led zeppelin who (nearly) never play anywhere (and their individual members don't count) and madonna... then yes, they haven't played glastonbury! :-)