Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the festileaks forum: Foo Fighters are hinting at their 'biggest show ever' in Washington on Saturday 4 July.

Think we may have found the reason for rescheduling RW.

In that case it's is Foos doing four festivals in four days before skipping back to the US.

But this appears to come from here:

http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?p=3996412

If it's true Dave was fibing about Wembley, and he could be fibbing about this too.

Edited by 5co77ie

Soooooo...

I'm flying from Doha into Gatwick overnight on 25-26th. I land at Gatwick at 0720 on the 26th, so I'm thinking of getting the Eurostar to Brussels and going to Werchter.

I can't be arsed with trying for Glasto tickets, and I've always wanted to go to Werchter.

So, how the hell do I get there from Brussels on Day 2 of the festival? Will there be space camping, and do they have VIP camping?

Camping and travel info here : http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/practical-info

And here is the VIP camping: http://www.rockvillage.be/home-en/

A1 campsite was not full this year, can't speak for the other campsites.

Soooooo...

I'm flying from Doha into Gatwick overnight on 25-26th. I land at Gatwick at 0720 on the 26th, so I'm thinking of getting the Eurostar to Brussels and going to Werchter.

I can't be arsed with trying for Glasto tickets, and I've always wanted to go to Werchter.

So, how the hell do I get there from Brussels on Day 2 of the festival? Will there be space camping, and do they have VIP camping?

Liam, never gone via Eurostar, but once you're at brussels, take the train from brussels to leuven, and then there's shuttle buses from leuven train station taking you to werchter. The train/bus is included in the price of the ticket, and is a simple journey.

Weezer would make me buy a ticket, seem them once and it was great! Loads from the blue album. Would love faith no more but can't see it, they'll headline PP or dour.

In terms of headliners/subs, foos, prodigy, elbow seem like a decent bet!

Bråvalla in Sweden is same weekend. They had Iron Maiden, Kings of Leon and Kanye West as headliners last year so they go after the big fishes. However FKP Scorpio (Bråvallas owner) also run a few festivals in Germany (Southside and Hurricane for example) while Foo Fighters are booked to RaR..

Bråvalla in Sweden is same weekend. They had Iron Maiden, Kings of Leon and Kanye West as headliners last year so they go after the big fishes. However FKP Scorpio (Bråvallas owner) also run a few festivals in Germany (Southside and Hurricane for example) while Foo Fighters are booked to RaR..

That reminded me of this: http://www.completemusicupdate.com/article/festival-republic-cancels-norwegian-festival-partly-blames-new-danish-rival/

Of course Festival Republic conceded in its statement that Hove was already a “tough event economically”, and might add that – while a Norwegian festival may not directly compete for ticket buyers with a new event in Denmark – both events are competing for headline talent in a relatively small festival market, with the better funded Danish event possibly in a stronger position to go for the big names.

One Danish newspaper speculated that all this is really linked to existing tensions between the big players in the European festivals sector, which includes FKP Scorpio. And earlier this year, reports Politiken, head of the Danish Rock Council, Gunnar Madsen, said that placing a new festival so close to the Roskilde site (and dates) would be a “declaration of war”.

I wasn't aware of Bråvalla, but news that's it's involved with FKPS and that combined with the battle for RaR it looks like European festivals really are at war at present

He'd do the Main Stage headliner. There are not so many names around so I think he has a chance. We can see sth like that:

Thursday: Jack White - Foo Fighters

Friday: Slipknot - Korn

Saturday: Linkin Park - AC/DC

Sunday: Justin Timberlake - Pharrell

There is no way that last day is ever happening, this is a festival that still refuses to book hiphop headliners so I doubt they'd go straight to a pop day.

Also Slipknot and Korn are spot on for Graspop.

Black eyed peas?

They were billed as closing party though, similar to Stromae. I can see Pharrell taking up that spot, but Justin Timberlake in the slot that's usually reserved for the biggest rock acts, too early I think.

There's insider stories going on about the edition of 2012, when Editors came as a big surprise. It was said that Rihanna or Watch The Throne should've taken up that headliner spot, but the festival wasn't ready to take the jump so both opted for a June arena date instead.

Edited by Dietediet

You guys think this could be likely?

Thursday: Rise Against - QOTSA - Foo Fighters - Daft Punk
Friday: Marilyn Manson - The Killers - Muse
Saturday: Bush - Elbow - Radiohead - The Prodigy
Sunday: Weezer - Eminem - Coldplay - Pharrell Williams

Eminem and The Killers aside, I'd say all the bands are likely....

Ridiculously strong line up. I don't think they'll need to throw around anywhere near that amount of cash for it to sell out. Look at the Friday and to some extent Sunday of this year and compare to your prediction above. Leagues apart...

If the line up did end up something like that, with QotSA, Foos, Daft Punk, Muse, Radiohead all playing, i'd seriously consider giving up my Glastonbury ticket and heading back to Werchter this.

Ridiculously strong line up. I don't think they'll need to throw around anywhere near that amount of cash for it to sell out. Look at the Friday and to some extent Sunday of this year and compare to your prediction above. Leagues apart...

If the line up did end up something like that, with QotSA, Foos, Daft Punk, Muse, Radiohead all playing, i'd seriously consider giving up my Glastonbury ticket and heading back to Werchter this.

I'm not saying all these bands will play, but have you seen the past RW lineups? They always have a really strong lineup, ridiculously strong some years.....

QOTSA - doubt they'll be around next Summer, unless they do have an album ready to be released.

Daft Punk - doubt they'll play shows at al.

The Killers - doubt they'll be around.

Muse - if they have their album out then yeah.

Radiohead - don't think they'll have an album out in time.

Eminem - not headlining?

Aren't QOTSA opening for Foos in the UK next summer?

The Daft Punk rumor seems to be around every year, I have no idea how reliable he is this time...

Eminem headlining? could be....I was just trying to find a hiphop act that could sub and Eminem was the first name that popped in my head. He and The Killers are the only names from there that I haven't read any rumors about summer festivals for next summer....

But that line-up is probably way to strong, but I still think most of these bands are likely to play next year....

Smashing Pumpkins have a new record coming out in Desember and they haven't played RW since 1997.....maybe we can add them too the list of possibles....

Aren't QOTSA opening for Foos in the UK next summer?

The Daft Punk rumor seems to be around every year, I have no idea how reliable he is this time...

Eminem headlining? could be....I was just trying to find a hiphop act that could sub and Eminem was the first name that popped in my head. He and The Killers are the only names from there that I haven't read any rumors about summer festivals for next summer....

But that line-up is probably way to strong, but I still think most of these bands are likely to play next year....

Smashing Pumpkins have a new record coming out in Desember and they haven't played RW since 1997.....maybe we can add them too the list of possibles....

The rumour and poster of Queens supporting Foos was proven to be a fake and untrue. Could still happen but nothing confirming that Queens will be around next year!

I would love to see Smashing Pumpkins on the lineup, maybe same position as Pixies this year? Unsure if Werchter would book them though... and around their popularity in Belgium i have no idea!

The rumour and poster of Queens supporting Foos was proven to be a fake and untrue. Could still happen but nothing confirming that Queens will be around next year!

I would love to see Smashing Pumpkins on the lineup, maybe same position as Pixies this year? Unsure if Werchter would book them though... and around their popularity in Belgium i have no idea!

Ahh ok, I didn't know it was fake.

I hope Smashing Pumpkins won't headline the Barn. The Pixies/PJ clash was one of the worst i've seen and I don't wanna have clash like that again :) .....I drove just over 1500km here in Iceland to see Pixies last year so I could watch PJ at RW :)