Brave Sir Robin

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, angelin said:

I've just joined Spotify for this. Thanks for bringing an oldie up to date with the modern world!

Ha, glad to help! Hope you find some stuff you like on there!

Just updated Explosions in the Sky on the playlist to include one of the singles off the new album (that's now in their setlist).

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2013 at 10:23 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

What it says in the title - rather than personal picks or Spotify's 'Top Tracks' or whatever, these are the songs each act has actually been playing live most over the past year or two, identified using Setlist.fm and additional Googling.  Gives a better indication of what they're going to sound like live IMO.  5 tracks per artist, in poster order (once the poster is with us), otherwise TBCs/SRs/people I'm confident about.  It's certainly been an education putting it together, and I hope some of you give it a listen and find it useful:

Glastonbury 2016

It's incredible the amount of effort you must put in every year to share this with us, as just for us listeners the amount of tracks is huge by the time we get close to the full line up.

You're truly are a Knight and a gentleman :D

Edited by clarkete

I found your playlist absolutely brilliant when I went - I identified some new people to watch out for - and one of the best moments was bopping around to Will and the People in the Bimble Inn which I'd never have found if I hadn't heard them on your Spotify list.

Haven't got a ticket this year - hope to get one in the resale and can't decide if I can bear to try the playlist before knowing if I can go.... 

Ah thanks guys, that's great to hear :). Particularly glad to hear of you finding a new band to go see, @Beerqueen. It does take up quite a lot of my time but being a bit of a muso-geek I enjoy it (mostly), and if a playlist this comprehensive didn't exist then I'd have to make it. If you see what I mean. Although if someone else fancies doing this next year that'd be good...

And yeah, @ICGenie, I agree about Radiohead! Tempted to take them off there so as to not get people's hopes up, but Neil still seems reasonably confident.

Added SG Lewis to the playlist from @jed300's tip, updated Last Shadow Puppets with the new album, and improved the Ernest Ranglin selections after a little more research. It's a shame Spotify doesn't have the album the latter recorded with Tony Allen and Courtney Pine, with whom he'll be playing at G.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

On 4/4/2016 at 10:28 AM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Ah thanks guys, that's great to hear :). Particularly glad to hear of you finding a new band to go see, @Beerqueen. It does take up quite a lot of my time but being a bit of a muso-geek I enjoy it (mostly), and if a playlist this comprehensive didn't exist then I'd have to make it. If you see what I mean. Although if someone else fancies doing this next year that'd be good...

And yeah, @ICGenie, I agree about Radiohead! Tempted to take them off there so as to not get people's hopes up, but Neil still seems reasonably confident.

Added SG Lewis to the playlist from @jed300's tip, updated Last Shadow Puppets with the new album, and improved the Ernest Ranglin selections after a little more research. It's a shame Spotify doesn't have the album the latter recorded with Tony Allen and Courtney Pine, with whom he'll be playing at G.

Before I went I genuinely thought that the main things to see would be bands I'd heard of.  Now I know for sure that if I get a ticket, I'm just as likely to see only (ok mainly) bands I've never heard of before.  Thinking about it, the one person I think I will definitely see this year (fingers crossed) is another one I found through your playlist of two years ago - Gaz Brookfield, who I've also made a point of seeing locally as a result.  So thanks.  I'm going to listen to the playlist anyway - sod tempting fate.

On 01/04/2016 at 10:25 AM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Cheers for the nice comments @Miesh and @Avalon_Fields, glad you're making use of it. I'm very much looking forward to Mbongwana Star myself, on a sunny afternoon in West Holts they should be just the ticket.

Added Four Tet from @your mother's tip-off. His 3 tracks clock in at over 45 minutes!

Just got a pleasant surprise when Four Tet came on! What was the tip off for him being there this year? 

2 hours ago, theDandy said:

Just got a pleasant surprise when Four Tet came on! What was the tip off for him being there this year? 

@your mother snapchatted him, asked him and he nodded. If only every artist was that simple!

Added new TBC Natty, and Lucinda Williams who's blatantly playing with that gig on the 23rd, to the playlist.

3 hours ago, Pbird81 said:

If St Paul and the Broken Bones make it from SR to Farm, I will definitely be down the front.... hadn't heard of them before this playlist

They've self confirmed. Now officially my must see, doesn't matter who else is on, band of the weekend. Half the City Is my favourite album of the last few years.

Playing on the 25th

I know this has been echoed by a number of people on this forum, but thank you for pulling this together! 

As soon as the line-up was announced I wanted to discover a couple of gems that I've not listened too our heard of before. This allows me to do that at ease!

Found a new love for LCD Soundsystem! Can't believe I've never given them a whirl before. 

3 hours ago, theDandy said:

@Brave Sir Robin any info on why Parquet Courts are in there? Nicely surprised on that one too! 

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Anything that is an SR or a TBC on efestivals rumours page is on the list. 

As Scruffy says, they're on there because they're a SR. They became one when their tour dates appeared to have a Glasto-shaped hole, but now they're in Holland Friday, and France Saturday and Monday so seems unlikely. Unless @eFestivals has any info...?

A few updates to the Glastonbury 2016 playlist:

• Added latest TBCs Larkin Poe, Danny L Harle and Andrew Maxwell Morris, and forum tips the inevitable Catfish & The Bottlemen (@Odessa) and John Cooper-Clarke and Luke Wright (@___S_o_m_a__).
  • Updated song selections Chvrches, Ezra Furman, Matey Three, Lumineers and Reef from recent setlists.
  • Moved D'Angelo down to after the poster acts - weird we don't know what's gone on there yet.

Added latest self-confirmations/TBCs/SRs Preditah, Banco de Gaia, Tankus the Henge, Wildwood Kin, Tantz, King Porter Stomp, Paul Carrack, Tired Lion, Rhoda Dakar, Edward II and Acid88 (@SGP SOM) and @CJTM's tip Pleasure House to the playlist. Also moved a few up to the TBC section (between the poster acts and Radiohead), following recent self-confirmations etc.