Setlist-based Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

You are a mega-star @Brave Sir Robin.  Can we just stop or rewind time so that I can actually listen to it all now?

I resolve to listen to it all for the rest of the year so I can at least educate myself a little even if I only discover I like stuff after I've missed the opportunity of seeing them this year.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Really, playing for hours and there's nothing you've skipped in horror? You've had a lucky run! Good to hear, cheers.

Hah, and cheers for making the playlist :)

You know what, when I'm there I'm sure even Justin Bieber will sound like the best thing ever, cos I'm at Glastonbury.

10 hours ago, RichardWaller said:

You know what, when I'm there I'm sure even Justin Bieber will sound like the best thing ever, cos I'm at Glastonbury.

Pretty sure it won't. Although with the right combination of intoxicants, perhaps...

8 hours ago, Anderson19 said:

How do you manage to limit it to just the 5 songs per artist and how do you pick the 5..?

Been adding songs to my own playlist and it's hard to limit to 4.

Selections are the songs each act has performed live most often at recent gigs/fests, on the basis that these are what they'll most likely play at G. Identified via Setlist.fm and additional Googling/YouTubing where necessary (and 1001tracklists/Mixesdb for DJs). Hence the thread title!

I limit to 5 per act by ... selecting 5 per act? I think this is enough to get a good sample of an act without being too many tracks to skip through. Acts on the smaller stages get 3 each. The smallest stages are not featured at all, unless acts are specifically recommended on here.

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Pretty sure it won't. Although with the right combination of intoxicants, perhaps...

Yeah... Lucinda Williams has just come on your playlist, me ex loves her for some reason. Quite lucky with me exes in that respect, they've not tarnished owt I liked.

1 hour ago, RichardWaller said:

Yeah... Lucinda Williams has just come on your playlist, me ex loves her for some reason. Quite lucky with me exes in that respect, they've not tarnished owt I liked.

Sadly she's not playing (Lucinda, not your ex), despite her tour dates convincing me she would. I took her off the other day so she shouldn't be coming up any more. Or are you listening to a version downloaded to your phone/PC?

5 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Sadly she's not playing (Lucinda, not your ex), despite her tour dates convincing me she would. I took her off the other day so she shouldn't be coming up any more. Or are you listening to a version downloaded to your phone/PC?

Nah, not downloaded owt. 'Twas Drunken Angel anyway, weird she's still on the playlist. Owt I need to do this end, remove from favourites and add again, update Spotify? I dunno.

Just now, RichardWaller said:

Nah, not downloaded owt. 'Twas Drunken Angel anyway, weird she's still on the playlist. Owt I need to do this end, remove from favourites and add again, update Spotify? I dunno.

Definitely not on there anymore. To check you've got the up-to-date version, see if Jagwar Ma are on there. You can use Ctrl+F to search if you're on a computer. If not then shutting down Spotify and restarting ought to do it?

12 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Definitely not on there anymore. To check you've got the up-to-date version, see if Jagwar Ma are on there. You can use Ctrl+F to search if you're on a computer. If not then shutting down Spotify and restarting ought to do it?

Oops, was searching Jaguar rather than Jagwar, job's a good un ta.

Thanks so much for this BSR. I'm not a regular user of Spotify playlists - tend just to use it for listening to a particular artist or track when they come to my attention. What's the easiest way of just listening to artists from one stage? I'm particularly interested in doing that for West Holts as it's my favourite stage but I rarely know any of the artists.

Just now, Mackem said:

Thanks so much for this BSR. I'm not a regular user of Spotify playlists - tend just to use it for listening to a particular artist or track when they come to my attention. What's the easiest way of just listening to artists from one stage? I'm particularly interested in doing that for West Holts as it's my favourite stage but I rarely know any of the artists.

You're welcome! The stages are in the same order as the lineup page on the official site, and the acts in running order so first band Friday -> Sunday headliner. So West Holts is after the Sunday Other headliner (LCD Soundsystem). You can easily create a new playlist and then select all the West Holts acts and add them to it. Although as you asked so nicely, I've done it for you:

Complete Acoustic and William's Green lineups now on the Glastonbury 2016 playlist (the latter at the very end, following the order of the official lineup page).

3 hours ago, cowmadiddy said:

How have I never heard of white denim before?

Have I had my head in the sand, can't stop listening to them and their 7 albums that have somehow managed to go under my radar, really looking forward to seeing them now.

Fantastic musicians. I like the first album and love the second, but haven't been so keen since they headed in a smoother direction thereafter.

3 hours ago, cowmadiddy said:

How have I never heard of white denim before?

Have I had my head in the sand, can't stop listening to them and their 7 albums that have somehow managed to go under my radar, really looking forward to seeing them now.

Funnily enough, my son (who has a very wide music taste) identified them as someone I should listen to as he thought I'd like them - will have to take his advice!

Can I launch on official complaint that this playlist has created several different clashes for me that simply did not exist before I discovered all these new bands....  

In all seriousness can I just add my thanks to you @Brave Sir Robin,  can't imagine the effort that's gone into making the playlist.  It has introduced me to all sorts of exciting new stuff.  

Hello @Brave Sir Robin sorry for being dim here but you've got you set list with the stage running order? How do you see that? I can order in alphabetical by artist etc or by when you last added but don't folks how I can see stage order. 

Me confused!! Have I misunderstood? I access Spotify on the computer with the program rather than the web app if that makes a difference? 

Btw. You are a total legend for this. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Hovis said:

Can I launch on official complaint that this playlist has created several different clashes for me that simply did not exist before I discovered all these new bands....  

In all seriousness can I just add my thanks to you @Brave Sir Robin,  can't imagine the effort that's gone into making the playlist.  It has introduced me to all sorts of exciting new stuff.  

Ha! Tell me about it. I'm always amazed at the variety of good stuff there is on the lineup. If only they could spread them all out over, say a week, we might me clash-free.

1 hour ago, semmtexx said:

Hello @Brave Sir Robin sorry for being dim here but you've got you set list with the stage running order? How do you see that? I can order in alphabetical by artist etc or by when you last added but don't folks how I can see stage order. 

Me confused!! Have I misunderstood? I access Spotify on the computer with the program rather than the web app if that makes a difference? 

Btw. You are a total legend for this. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. 

Stage running order should be the default. Should start with Rokia Traore (followed by Skepta). Try clicking 'song' up to three times til that happens (it should cycle through alphabetical, reverse, then running order). Let me know if you're still having problems.

And thanks are always welcome, thank you.

8 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Ha! Tell me about it. I'm always amazed at the variety of good stuff there is on the lineup. If only they could spread them all out over, say a week, we might me clash-free.

Stage running order should be the default. Should start with Rokia Traore (followed by Skepta). Try clicking 'song' up to three times til that happens (it should cycle through alphabetical, reverse, then running order). Let me know if you're still having problems.

And thanks are always welcome, thank you.

Cheers! Will have a look in the morning. Time for sleep now I think!

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Brave Sir Robin. Quite probably a legend, definitely an outright fecking hero! 

Edited by semmtexx

The Sonic stage is now on there in running order, with 5 tracks per artist as far as poss (they were all on there before but with 3). About halfway down, from KSI to Netsky. That completes the main stages (as defined on the official site).

A reminder of what this little labour of love is about: a playlist of all the acts, by stage and running order, with the 5 songs that crop up most on each act's recent gig and festival setlists/tracklists (3 for those playing the smaller stages), updated regularly.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin