Setlist-based Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably a silly question but when I play the playlist through my Amazon Firestick on the TV on shuffle, it only seems to be shuffling the main stages - e.g. I've had Editors, James, Rokia Traore, ZZ Top, Coldplay, Foals, but nothing from the smaller stages.  But it is shuffling i.e only getting one from each artist so I can't think what it's doing!  Any explanation that anyone can think of?

20 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Probably a silly question but when I play the playlist through my Amazon Firestick on the TV on shuffle, it only seems to be shuffling the main stages - e.g. I've had Editors, James, Rokia Traore, ZZ Top, Coldplay, Foals, but nothing from the smaller stages.  But it is shuffling i.e only getting one from each artist so I can't think what it's doing!  Any explanation that anyone can think of?

I guess the only thing that could have happened would be if for some reason it had only loaded or recognised the first x number of songs rather than the whole list, but I'd be surprised. I expect it's just randomly shuffling. Sometimes you will inevitably get more from one part of the list than another. Glad you're making use of it.

13 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I guess the only thing that could have happened would be if for some reason it had only loaded or recognised the first x number of songs rather than the whole list, but I'd be surprised. I expect it's just randomly shuffling. Sometimes you will inevitably get more from one part of the list than another. Glad you're making use of it.

Oh God, am I making use of it!  Every time I get in the car, any time I'm at home doing something in one room (I don't have fancy stuff that sends it all round the house), at the gym, at work etc etc.

After posting yesterday, I looked further and it's all there - all 2,000+ tracks and I could manually select any.  And then it would shuffle forward and back to within about 5 artists - so it went something like Anteros, New Order, Newton Faulkner, Anteros again, Bear's Den, Newton Faulkner again, Jamie Lawson, Beautiful South, back to Newton Faulkner etc. I googled to see if I could find an answer and just found a theory that Amazon don't really want you to use Spotify as they have their own streaming service so haven't set up the app properly.  

So I gave up and used my Now box, which shuffled perfectly.

Thanks again - I love playlist time!  I won't be at the meet as I don't get there til Thursday (boo!) but if I can identify you any time from then on, you definitely deserve a beer or three!

Added BBC Introducing lineup to the Glastonbury 2016 playlist. About 2/3 down, from Rocky Nti to The Bay Rays. Still going through them but some very interesting descriptions. So far my picks are Brighton electronica duo Sea Bed, and the warm & funky 70s meets Britpop of Bad Sounds:

Also extracted this lineup to a separate playlist here, if you're interested.

Added some more of the various self-confirmations/decent rumours we have for the Crow's Nest to the Glastonbury 2016 playlist - NZCA Lines, Pumarosa, former Let's Wrestle frontman Wesley Gonzalez, Stornoway, Toy, and (re-added) The Parrots and Rozi Plain, and, on @whisty's recommendation, Z-Star, who's playing the Bimble Inn.

And you're most welcome, @lebenski!

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Unfortunately, BSR has retired from the Spotify playlist. Think @Quark was going to start something similar for next year but on deezer or something. 

That's a shame, maybe I'll start my own Spotify one then (I don't have deeper) but I can only hope to do half as well  as the classic playlist.

Maybe we can try a collaborative playlist?  I remember a few years ago this was tried and the tracks were all deleted a couple of times, but may still be the best approach given it's unlikely another superhuman like @Brave Sir Robin will be able to keep up with the massive amount required.

I remember some discussion on automating things a few months ago by cross referencing efests/TOS and last.fm, I think @eFestivals was involved, but I can't  remember if it was actually Neil who was thinking of doing it.,

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Maybe we can try a collaborative playlist?  I remember a few years ago this was tried and the tracks were all deleted a couple of times, but may still be the best approach given it's unlikely another superhuman like @Brave Sir Robin will be able to keep up with the massive amount required.

I remember some discussion on automating things a few months ago by cross referencing efests/TOS and last.fm, I think @eFestivals was involved, but I can't  remember if it was actually Neil who was thinking of doing it.,

yeah, the possibilities jumped large into my mind, tho it's not something I feel i've got time to follow up at the mo, soz.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I said I wouldn't, and I can't guarantee I'll be able to put as much work into it as previous years, but in the absence of anyone else doing one, may I present, for your listening pleasure:

Glastonbury 2017

As usual it's confirmed acts, TBCs and SRs. Songs are those each act plays live most often.

Happy days. Legendary service to the cause

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I said I wouldn't, and I can't guarantee I'll be able to put as much work into it as previous years, but in the absence of anyone else doing one, may I present, for your listening pleasure:

Glastonbury 2017

As usual it's confirmed acts, TBCs and SRs. Songs are those each act plays live most often.

Hahaha. I had only today just started putting together my less than adequate version of your great playlist. 

Ill stick that one on the shelf then. 

Any sort of help you might need just let me/us know