Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

"Dirty Work" is ace. Think youve said before Nal, one of the best & most appropriate names for an album ever. Lot of Keef on there.

Interesting time for the band. Keef and Mick hated each other and never spoke, Wyman wanted out asap and was having sex with children, Charlie was on a middle aged smack binge and Ronnie was on the sauce big style.

Think Mick may have been dabbling with the brown then too. Keef had kicked it (officially) at that point and was on the vodka.

Ah, go on then.

Undercover: She Was Hot and the title track

Dirty Work: Sleep Tonight and One Hit

Steel Wheels: Continental Drift and Slipping Away

Voodoo Lounge: Out Of Tears and The Worst

Bridges to Babylon: Out Of Control and Saint Of Me

A Bigger Bang: Rough Justice and Laugh, I Nearly Died

Though yer mileage may vary.

Picking the best two songs off albums doesn't necessarily mean they're great songs though! :)

Hello Rolling Stones fans, I have a question. I am a very casual fan in that I know all of the "big hits" Paint it black, start me up, honky tonk woman, jumping jack flash etc etc etc usually in these situations I try an familiarise my self with some of the extra material that is likely to pop up in the set so what would be your recommendations? Give me maybe 15 other songs that might pop up in a Glasto setlist!...or don't if you don't want to but I'd really appreciate it (as much as I'd love to wade through their whole back catalogue i'd take me until June to do it).

The new Grrr!... compilation is actually a pretty decent primer -especially in it's 80-track form.

However, as a 15-odd song primer of (maybe) less well-known material that might get played, how about:

Street Fighting Man

Stray Cat Blues

Salt Of The Earth

Live With Me

Let It Bleed

Monkey Man

Wild Horses

Bitch

Dead Flowers

Tumbling Dice

All Down The Line

Sweet Virginia

Happy

Shine A Light

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)

Starfucker

Respectable

Before They Make Me Run

The new Grrr!... compilation is actually a pretty decent primer -especially in it's 80-track form.

However, as a 15-odd song primer of (maybe) less well-known material that might get played, how about:

Street Fighting Man

Stray Cat Blues

Salt Of The Earth

Live With Me

Let It Bleed

Monkey Man

Wild Horses

Bitch

Dead Flowers

Tumbling Dice

All Down The Line

Sweet Virginia

Happy

Shine A Light

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)

Starfucker

Respectable

Before They Make Me Run

Thank you kindly pilgrim.

Just on the U2 hit thing

Even Better Than The Real Thing - hit

The Fly - hit number 1 single

Mysterious Ways - hit

Until The End Of The World ( album track big tune with U2 fans)

One - hit

Where The Streets Have No Name - hit

I Will Follow - big song with U2 fans but not really a hit

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - hit

Stay (Faraway, So Close!) hit

Beautiful Day - hit number one single

Elevation hit

Get On Your Boots minor hit

Vertigo -massive hit number 1 single

Sunday Bloody Sunday - hit ( never actually released as a single but still a hit)

Bad - hit

Pride (In The Name Of Love) - hit

With Or Without You - hit

Moment of Surrender (album track)

Out Of Control (not a hit first single)

Out of the set list maybe 5 aren't hits the rest are top ten singles or number ones

Hits not included

Desire (number one single)

Sometimes you can't make it on your own (number one single)

Discotheque (number one single)

New Year's Day

Angel of Harlem

Love comes to town

All I want is you

The unforgettable fire

Who's gonna ride your wild horses

Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me

Starring at the sun

City of blinding lights

Sweetest thing

Stuck in a moment and can't get out of it

Walk on

Various more lesser known singles

All top 20/10/5 hits with some great tunes

U2 could have done maybe a better set though I'd have gone with

1 where the streets have no name

2 I will follow

3 New Year's Day

4 beautiful day

5 mysterious ways

6 the fly

7 elevation

8 city of blinding lights

9 stuck in a moment and can't get out of it

10 still haven't found what I'm looking for

11 desire

12 angel of Harlem

13 vertigo

14 Sunday Bloody Sunday

15 Pride

16 bad

17 one

18 even better then the real thing

19 walk on

20 with or without you

I am also one of the mad few going to Hyde Park AND Glastonbury so will be able to provide a comparison. It does seem extravagant but my boyfriend doesn't do festivals so going again with him to see The Stones. To be honest, this summer will probably be the only time I ever see them so don't mind doubling up.

It is expensive but I paid about £65 for Blur and it's not that much more for the "cheap" seats. Sound is not great at Hyde Park either but hey ho. I'm sure the Glasto performance will be better but I'm still excited to see them twice! Was gutted at not getting O2 tickets and today was easy by comparison.

Interestingly they're saying on their Twitter today that you *can* go down the front with the £95 tickets. Not sure how that will work?

Roll on summer!

The arena layout picture on Ticketmaster (and for the previous day's Bon Jovi show) seems to indicate that there's a bit of General Access space right at the front on either side of the Gold and Diamond areas - but you'd need to be there for the gates opening and wait there all day to hang on to it...

Well, yeah. I'll probably rock up to Primal Scream for Glastonbury, but don't want to have spend any more time than that at the Pyramid to get a good spot for the Stones.

That said, thwere are worse ways to pass the time than watching Elvis Costello, but I'd be bummed to be missing out on a right royal knees up from someone like Ondatropica over at West Holts.

First Hyde Park show now sold out. Would expect the second one on the 13th to be announced fairly shortly....

Also, it appears the arena layouts online aren't accurate, so it's possible that they're using the Tongue Stage again and the Diamond and Gold tickets get you into the pit and around the walkways and the £95 tickets are for everywhere else.