Block 9

t0paz

8 hours ago, Nice hymer said:

Crazy line up. We're spoilt for choice this year, right across the site.

From the new Tree stage at Woodsies, to the Levels, Arcadia, Stonebridge and Unfairground, IICON and Glade, it's just stacked.

Happy days 🤪

100% agree and these venues will be where I spend my festival (+greenpeace tree probably). Slightly worried they’ll all be rammed as fewer people will be at the ‘main’ stages but maybe there is so much they will split the crowds?

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/block9/

For 2024, Block9 announces the long-awaited return of brutalist giant and outdoor dance arena, Genosys, alongside legendary venues The NYC Downlow, The Meat Rack and IICON.

Also new for this year, queer nightlife institution NYC Downlow will hold its first ever Downlow Day Party on Saturday afternoon, hosted by New York legend François K (Body & Soul).

Fashion icon and activist Katharine Hamnett joins forces with Block9 encouraging people to vote through her trademark, power-packed slogans and instantly recognisable graphic style.

Edited by wozwebs

41 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Very conspicuously absent this morning. Are they worried that the place would get WetLegged?

Ben

Con Man have confirmed on their IG that they're playing in the Downlow, so this is either crowd control comms or Block9 have just forgotten them on the NYCD poster!

Ben

• Upvote 1

I’m sure it’s written somewhere but what are hours of block9 vs hours of other EDM leaning stages vs mainstream earlier close stages? 
Would I benefit from being in block9 before a certain time as I wonder if entries ever get controlled?

v excited!

33 minutes ago, LateStarter50 said:

I’m sure it’s written somewhere but what are hours of block9 vs hours of other EDM leaning stages vs mainstream earlier close stages? 
Would I benefit from being in block9 before a certain time as I wonder if entries ever get controlled?

v excited!

heres last years detailed times, it won't be very different this year:

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2023/#iicon

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, LateStarter50 said:

v excited!

Don't ever remember Block 9 being 'too' busy in the sense that other areas in SE corner get. Even before IICON was introduced, I always thought it was kept to a manageable level of people. The queues for the indoor venues are madness however, I've still not been inside any of them due to this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Con Man have confirmed on their IG that they're playing in the Downlow, so this is either crowd control comms or Block9 have just forgotten them on the NYCD poster!

Ben

UPDATE

Con Man in the Downlow is a live set!

Ben

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, LateStarter50 said:

v excited!

With the beefing up of Silver Hayes and a strong Arcadia line-up this year, the crowd will be nicely spread about the site from midnight to 3am. After that it's the SEC (including Block9) or The Park. You should have no great issues getting anywhere, though some areas will be rammo for certain stuff - example: Bicep on IICON will likely be pretty darn packed.

Ben

• Thanks 1