Champagne at Glastonbury

hblow

Hi everyone,

So this is a but of neichr question, I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend at Glastonbury this year. I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if there is anywhere that sells champagne, or anything similar that I'd be able to buy to celebrate after she hopefully says yes haha.

4 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

As above, I’ve definitely had Prosecco before. 

And good luck! How exciting. Decided where you’re going to do it? 

So I was thinking near the glasto sign overlooking all of glasto.... any other cute places to recommend would be great 🙂

Pick a place thats particularly special to you for the proposal! - i dont want to sound like a right miserable twat but proposing on the hill by the Glastonbury sign on the weds night is not an original or special thing, there's people queuing to do the same thing 😄 if you're up there for more than fifteen mins you'll see a proposal or ten.

A couple of friends of mine had their proposal up there, and that was great for them, but with each further proposal it becomes a little less individual!

If you saw a particularly good set of your joint favourite band, then try and find that spot in the pyramid/truth stage/arcadia field and propose there, perhaps? or the patch where you first camped together at glastonbury? I dunno, maybe i'm not of the Instagram set and would prefer to see a bit more input than 'pick the place where everyone does it' . . . 

Edit: thats where you've mentioned! feel free to ignore me, i'm just some prick on the internet 😄 

Edited by balti-pie
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, hblow said:

So I was thinking near the glasto sign overlooking all of glasto.... any other cute places to recommend would be great 🙂

if you use this location, do it at a time that’s not busy so it feels more special. If you’re early risers the sunrise there is amazing 

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Who's she most excited to see? Why not see that set and then when it's been a fantastic moment for her/you two, get on that knee and do it!

Ben

She is most excited to see Coldplay.... that's on the Saturday, the stress I would feel about loosing the ring.. I wouldn't act normal hahaha so I'm planning on doing it on the Thursday which is the day we arrive.

• Like 1

I did this last year and would recommend the Ribbon Tower early in the morning (particularly if the weather is nice). I also took in Prosecco in miniature aluminium bottles and they stayed surprisingly cold. Think I got them from a mainstream supermarket (Tesco or Asda). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hblow said:

Personally, I'd choose The Temple at around 4am.  That'd be cute. 

2 minutes ago, hblow said:

She is most excited to see Coldplay.... that's on the Saturday, the stress I would feel about loosing the ring.. I wouldn't act normal hahaha so I'm planning on doing it on the Thursday which is the day we arrive.

It's not too late to change your mind 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

I got engaged at Glasto, I think it was before the big glasto sign was a thing but we sat on the slope overlooking the festival 1 field over and watched the sun set on the Thursday.  I took a "substitute" ring which wasn't the real one because a.) didn't want to lose it carrying it around in my pocket all day and b.) wanted to pick the ring together as I would be sure to get it wrong otherwise.

Good luck 🙂

My mate met his now fiancé dancing under the Arcadia spider years ago when it was in SE corner. Few years later he proposed to her again under the spider , nice touch I thought. Technically different spot tho as it was over towards park by then 

Exciting.

Stone circle I reckon. Never going to go away for a long time so you can always visit, even when festival is not on, and take the kids (there'll be kids right)

The stones will also absorb the love energy and release to others over time.

Sorry went all hippy on the last bit

Edited by fred quimby
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lucy92 said:

if you use this location, do it at a time that’s not busy so it feels more special. If you’re early risers the sunrise there is amazing 

Oh my gosh YES if it's a beautiful sunrise that would be perfect

6 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

The stones will also absorb the love energy and release to others over time.

Can I have some of your mushrooms please, Fred? 🙂 

5 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

This reminds me of a guy last year who collected an engagement ring from the lockups on the Sunday night, looking like he was leaving. 

Wonder what happened?

lol how did he look?  happy / sad / slightly perturbed / heartbroken?