Woodsies lineup 2024

Crazyfool01

36 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

James have already confirmed themselves for the Sunday so they’re not the Saturday TBA. 

Have they?  I missed that.  Hoping they will be on The Park Stage, and not clashing with anything else I want to see.  Seen them many times before but always very good live.

9 minutes ago, Northtim said:

Have they?  I missed that.  Hoping they will be on The Park Stage, and not clashing with anything else I want to see.  Seen them many times before but always very good live.

Yeah self confirmed at one of their gigs a few weeks back. 

Not as strong as previous years for me. A bit disappointed but over it already and thinking of that happy place when you are not trying to do Park - Woodsies - Park for consecutive acts.

Its endurance training that one.

May dip my toe if in the area and hear something interesting in the air..

Very little to tempt me, but I know a chunk of our group will want to see The K's and the Vaccines.  Might bumble along if there's nothing else I really fancy.

50 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

I mean I’d LOVE this to happen but if they are there at all wouldn’t it be a Foos type secret set on Pyramid since they’ve already done Woodsies. 

20 years since their career making gig of 2004 in the same tent..... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Looother said:

I like Cosmo Sheldrake's music, but I've absolutely no idea what's going to happen when he does a "presentation" with his brother Merlin, who's written a book about fungi and with whom he produces a hot sauce.

Big fan of both brothers, really looking forward to this - whatever it is!

2 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

Just checked them out, have stuck them on the must see list!

Also been doing RATM, Beastie Boys & SOAD covers previously. Nice way to start Friday morning for sure! 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I get that there are many different types of Electronic acts but I'm yet to find one that does it for me, whether that's the more dance oriented stuff or ambient drone.

The main ones that stick out here are the album playbacks. I mean, come on, that's just taking the piss.

Drop a pill one night and see what happens.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

You reckon the placements will be like this?

Friday:

Jamie XX

Sampha

Kim Gordon

Arlo Parks

The Vaccines

Kenya Grace

Remi Wolf

Lambrini Girls

Voice of Baceprot

Saturday:

Gossip

Sleaford Mods

Yard Act

TBA

Fat White Family

Soccer Mommy

Mannequin Pussy

Kneecap

Jayahadadream

Sunday:

James Blake

Romy

Declan McKenna

Alvvays

Blondshell

NewDad

The K's

High Vis

The Vaccines and The Ks are great additions for me. Soccer Mommy will clash and may see the end of Declan McKenna if I can be bothered.

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Either being squeezed on to the Park as a secret set or potentially going up against Shania on Other. Don’t think there’s room for them as a secret set on Woodsies, right? 

I think Pyramid or Other was always the likely.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

So the Killers then........

Saturday early evening?

They won't be doing JP again surely, it would just be a repeat set.

2 hours ago, foolee said:

The Vaccines new album is brilliant. Will be on my must see list. The K’s also added for any other indie fans out there. 

I like the new album as well.  Thing with the Vaccines is they make nice indie guitar music and always good fun live.  Will look forward to seeing them again as long as they don't clash.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foolee said:

Also been doing RATM, Beastie Boys & SOAD covers previously. Nice way to start Friday morning for sure! 

Never heard of these before today and now genuinely gutted I’ll be missing them, would be such a fun way to start the Friday, especially as I’m currently missing my Glastonbury metal fix.

Will be watching The Vaccines, Yard Act, Soccer Mommy, NewDad, The K’s, High Vis, Lambrini Girls & Voice of Baceprot providing favourable clashes. Hoping none of these clash with Otoboke Beaver on the park. 

9 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I like the new album as well.  Thing with the Vaccines is they make nice indie guitar music and always good fun live.  Will look forward to seeing them again as long as they don't clash.

Yeah I do too. I think they rarely miss the mark as pretty much all their albums are decent. Agree that they’re always good live too. Can imagine the tent being rammed. 

• Upvote 1