Woodsies lineup 2024

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

A few guitar acts added there, The K's are a good indie group that Gonzo will enjoy taking the piss out of.

Very disappointing that the new Tree Stage is yet more electronic stuff.

Indie/folk stuff would’ve fit best I think and nice to chill in the early hours if you aren’t into the dance side of things or don’t fancy it one night 

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

A few guitar acts added there, The K's are a good indie group that Gonzo will enjoy taking the piss out of.

How can you lump all electronic stuff together. Don’t most guitar players use electronic effects for distortion and reverb?

Do you still hold it against Dylan for going electric?

You reckon the placements will be like this?

Friday:

Jamie XX

Sampha

Kim Gordon

Arlo Parks

The Vaccines

Kenya Grace

Remi Wolf

Lambrini Girls

Voice of Baceprot

Saturday:

Gossip

Sleaford Mods

Yard Act

TBA

Fat White Family

Soccer Mommy

Mannequin Pussy

Kneecap

Jayahadadream

Sunday:

James Blake

Romy

Declan McKenna

Alvvays

Blondshell

NewDad

The K's

High Vis

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah, personally I find it difficult to easily find after-headliner stuff that isn't electronic, dance type stuff.  Would have liked the Tree to be more indie personally. Will probably end up at Rimski's yard or the circus!

7 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

what's her solo stuff under her own name like?

Not easy listening...

Heres her latest toe tapper. Like the album but defo need to be in the right mood.

Edited by The Nal

11 minutes ago, tarw said:

How can you lump all electronic stuff together. Don’t most guitar players use electronic effects for distortion and reverb?

Do you still hold it against Dylan for going electric?

I get that there are many different types of Electronic acts but I'm yet to find one that does it for me, whether that's the more dance oriented stuff or ambient drone.

The main ones that stick out here are the album playbacks. I mean, come on, that's just taking the piss.

42 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Might go and support JayaHadADream after the absolute shitshow of criticism by old-before-their-time gammons who won’t be there anyway on social media. 

Haven't seen that - I find I'm paying less and less attention to social media these days, partly for this reason; everyone has a view which they think is the only one possible.   And I hate it when people get personal.  If I don't like something I don't slag them off but realise not everything is for me.   

I haven't had a listen to her yet either but my first impression when I saw that she'd won was that her stage name was odd - OK as a hashtag but not for a name of an act!  But prepared to find that I'm wrong and I'm just bloody old fashioned.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I get that there are many different types of Electronic acts but I'm yet to find one that does it for me, whether that's the more dance oriented stuff or ambient drone.

The main ones that stick out here are the album playbacks. I mean, come on, that's just taking the piss.

Pity they dont have meditation hot tubs for this.

Maybe get the barse genty waxed while youre at it. 

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Either being squeezed on to the Park as a secret set or potentially going up against Shania on Other. Don’t think there’s room for them as a secret set on Woodsies, right? 

Just one Woodsies secret set I think so could be them unless we have the potential name for that slot before Yard Act? 

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Personally, I can easily spend an hour listening to an album on a high-end, studio quality sound system.

I've no idea if that's what they're planning for the Woodsies area?

Catering for the audiophiles perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Nice hymer said:

Personally, I can easily spend an hour listening to an album on a high-end, studio quality sound system.

I've no idea if that's what they're planning for the Woodsies area?

Catering for the audiophiles perhaps?

Better than catering for the paedophiles

amirite?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Jamie XX new album should drop just before the festival and by all accounts its a banger. It's him or Jungle for my Friday night!

Exact same situation for me. Might split them but I’m undecided. By the time I walk all the way there 

• Like 1

Hillage, Egg and Orb, sorted 🙂

edit: and the blurb on the website says Tree stage is 12-3AM, so that'll keep me busy 🙂 The only issue is that I'll be in East Camper, so f**king miles to walk afterwards 😄

Edited by paulshane
  • Upvote 1