New pitch your own tent glampsite

StoneCircle

3 hours ago, nowyouregideon said:

Does anyone know what the atmosphere is like at these private camping places? On paper it makes sense getting your whole group together without hassle, but we are a bit worried we won't be in amongst it and it would subtract from the overall experience somewhat.

Never done it before, but some pals did Sticklinch last year and spoke highly of it.  They did mention that you do feel slightly out of the loop at brekky time and when getting ready or sat round having a few cans, but the benefits outweighed the negatives.

4 hours ago, nowyouregideon said:

Does anyone know what the atmosphere is like at these private camping places? On paper it makes sense getting your whole group together without hassle, but we are a bit worried we won't be in amongst it and it would subtract from the overall experience somewhat.

Not the posh off-site glamping places but when I stayed in Worthy View in 2022 I found the atmosphere to be very lacking.

6 hours ago, nowyouregideon said:

If you want to be in amongst it then you need to be in amongst it.  There's nothing quite like actually camping in the festival.  It's what sets it apart from all the other "arena" festivals.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

If you want to be in amongst it then you need to be in amongst it.  There's nothing quite like actually camping in the festival.  It's what sets it apart from all the other "arena" festivals.

I can never get over the people who camp literally right in front of the other stage at that edge of oxlyers beside one of the busiest walkways in the entire site. I often wonder if most of those tents are just for sitting and watching bands and they sleep somewhere else further back.

Thanks the for replies people.

Just hoping it's not dead dead if we do go for it.

Just got to weigh up hassle free all together guaranteed + showers Vs a buzz around the campsite and the ability to quickly nip back (plus maybe a smoke which will be a no go elsewhere).

I was in WV last year with a couple of mates.  It suited me, as when I am done for the day, I just want to go to bed and get some sleep.  It is pretty quiet at night/early hours.  I am always up early anyway, so did make use of the toilets/showers before they got busy, then went back to bed again.  There is a relaxed vibe during the morning, and most people tended to set off down the hill around lunchtime it seemed.  It did not seem to be a real party location.

I worked in Sticklinch the last two festivals and it did seem pretty quiet. 

You'd have the odd group having a few drinks before heading out or after they got back in the early hours of the morning but not many. And it was usually pretty low key.

Saying that I've not actually camped in general camping since 1995 so no idea how lively that gets either. (Other than people's accounts on here)

After 10 festivals in Paines/Dairy and a couple in Cockmill, none of these were particularly rowdy, but there is always an atmosphere from being crammed in and overhearing groups chatting next door etc.  Can't see why being in a different campsite would necessarily change that.

The one time we did have annoying neighbours, it was a big gang of youngsters close by who were intent on 24 hour partying and couldn't hold their drink, they had burned out by Friday and shut the f**k up after that.

Most of the places I’ve camped lime Kiln and Big ground don’t have much of an atmosphere anyway. Since the tents get so packed in together not many people sit outside the tent and chat. People are generally in their tent or up and into the festival. 10-15 years ago you had space and fires so there was a lot more hang around the tent.

2 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

The one time we did have annoying neighbours, it was a big gang of youngsters close by who were intent on 24 hour partying and couldn't hold their drink, they had burned out by Friday and shut the f**k up after that.

Never put a sprint runner next to a load of marathonners 😄 

I've had that exact experience when i camped one year, a big group of lads who were the whole 'wahey! on the bosh' kind of aesthetic, full of all the boasts and the bants on the wednesday and the thursday - and broken husks of men by the close of play on friday. They'll get there after a few years

19 hours ago, nowyouregideon said:

Thanks the for replies people.

Just hoping it's not dead dead if we do go for it.

Just got to weigh up hassle free all together guaranteed + showers Vs a buzz around the campsite and the ability to quickly nip back (plus maybe a smoke which will be a no go elsewhere).

I don't think anyone will care if you have a smoke pretty much anywhere (outside) at Glasto. 

tbh over the years, for the same reason campfires have (literally) died out, so have big crowds of people at their tents in the evening/early hours making a night of it because there is so much to do elsewhere now.

On the Sunday night after Elton last year, I was dead on my feet from the whole weekend so got some pizza and went back to camp whilst the rest of my crowd went to (I think) Wilkinson at Arcadia. 

I was sat there for a good hour or so with one other person from our camp having my food and one last drink and smoke before bed...it was very quiet in terms of people nearby......and  Even though it was 'loud' it was mainly just people walking past heading out for the night.......(we were in Paines)

I've decided to take the plunge and have booked into Holt Farm. This is my 30 year Glasto Anniversary and so I thought I would give WV or SL a go for ease of not queuing overnight, having a bit of space, but mainly being close to the car. Managed to get a scout tent in Sticklinch but stupidly assumed they would just be able to swap my GA car park ticket Id just bought for a SL one but instead they just cancelled it and then they were Sold Out. Ive refreshed the See Tickets page about 300 times a day to no avail and anxiety has started to kick in about the possibility of having to park a mile away in Pink Parking and having to lug all my stuff even further than I usually do and paying over £400 for the privilege!

Of course - SL Car Park tickets are now bound to go back on sale again after the 3rd May cancellation deadline has passed but See dont seem to want to confirm that to me and I don't want to risk being turned away if I tried to pay on the day

Hoping Ive made the right decision 🤞

On 4/26/2024 at 12:07 PM, Superscally said:

They advertise is as 250. Then add 100 for the parking. Thats 350. f**k that. It's a five person limit for that spot too.

But how much is regular parking to festival? Assuming you don't have to buy both?

The Sticklinch car park ticket situation is a disgrace, if you are going to provide a distinctly average glamping option, at least have the decency to provide enough car park tickets. There is plenty of space for 2 cars for every tent, including the overflow field. I have thought a lot about cancelling my SL tent this week, but I would have to buy another tent to go in Holt Farm, so it is a bit counter productive. Still going to rely on the fact that there will be more SL parking tickets next week. I'm not going in Pink Parking regardless. Cash on the gae should sort it one way or another. 

Really torn on trusting this new Holt Farm. Seen two suspicious posts on the Glasto chat fb group. Glastonbury themselves won’t comment on them. I want to book but also don’t want to throw away all that money! 

15 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Really torn on trusting this new Holt Farm. Seen two suspicious posts on the Glasto chat fb group. Glastonbury themselves won’t comment on them. I want to book but also don’t want to throw away all that money! 

I was suspicious myself so emailed Yurtel directly last night through their website and they replied today confirming it is a legitimate venture that they’ve done at Big Feastival. When I paid and my bank did the app security check thing it came up as Yurtel as the vendor. I’m not sure what more checks I could have done and I trust people on here more than GC to be honest even though I’m more of a lurker than a poster usually.

There is still a small seed of doubt that it’s too good to be true but I paid on CC so hoping that gives me some sort of protection if it’s an elaborate scam!

1 hour ago, al_coholic said:

The Sticklinch car park ticket situation is a disgrace, if you are going to provide a distinctly average glamping option, at least have the decency to provide enough car park tickets. There is plenty of space for 2 cars for every tent, including the overflow field. I have thought a lot about cancelling my SL tent this week, but I would have to buy another tent to go in Holt Farm, so it is a bit counter productive. Still going to rely on the fact that there will be more SL parking tickets next week. I'm not going in Pink Parking regardless. Cash on the gae should sort it one way or another. 

I agree - I don’t know how they can justify that price and then not guarantee you can park nearby! 100% there will be more available to buy later this month though judging from posts from last year. I was just sick of dreaming about it every night like I used to before ticket day!!

6 minutes ago, emmaroid said:

I was suspicious myself so emailed Yurtel directly last night through their website and they replied today confirming it is a legitimate venture that they’ve done at Big Feastival. When I paid and my bank did the app security check thing it came up as Yurtel as the vendor. I’m not sure what more checks I could have done and I trust people on here more than GC to be honest even though I’m more of a lurker than a poster usually.

There is still a small seed of doubt that it’s too good to be true but I paid on CC so hoping that gives me some sort of protection if it’s an elaborate scam!

Good shout with the credit card payment. Think I’m going to go for it too. 

I did some checking before we booked. We’ve also emailed them a couple of times and the replies were prompt/helpful and contained the Yurtel company info on the signature. I’m 99% it’s legit.

On 4/25/2024 at 10:09 AM, DuerLiper said:

So I’ve emailed Yurtel and they do seem to be legit!

IMG_6190.jpeg

The above was posted in questions and Yurtel is a well established glamp site at Glastonbury. 

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

Have a look at this thread, it may reassure you! 🙂

12 hours ago, emmaroid said:

guess what is back on sale now!

12 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

guess what is back on sale now!

Hahahaa - the SL Car Park Pass or my 2 man scout tent? I literally got the confirmation of my cancellation 10 minutes ago! 🤣

I did fully express on my email how it was unacceptable to pay such a premium for the SL tent and then not be guaranteed one of the main benefits of the site - not that anyone at See cares Im sure.

I feel at ease with my decision to cancel though. Hope you're sorted

1 hour ago, emmaroid said:

Hahahaa - the SL Car Park Pass or my 2 man scout tent? I literally got the confirmation of my cancellation 10 minutes ago! 🤣

I did fully express on my email how it was unacceptable to pay such a premium for the SL tent and then not be guaranteed one of the main benefits of the site - not that anyone at See cares Im sure.

I feel at ease with my decision to cancel though. Hope you're sorted

Yeah I got a car park pass thankfully.