This years special guests?

theciderviking

With Coldplay headlining, Chris can’t very well bring himself out as a special guest (or can he? 🤔😂). 

I was at their gig in Manchester last year when they brought our Aitch, taking pretty much everyone by surprise! Now Aitch isn’t my thing at all, but he certainly went down well with the majority of the crowd. Some of their guests and collabs in the past have been pretty crazy! 

How about Dua and SZA, do we reckon they e got anybody up their sleeves? Megan Thee Stallion, Calvin Harris and Miley Cyrus have all collaborated with Dua. Doja Cat, Polt Malone and even Kendrick Lamar with SZA. 

Elton threw all of our theories out of the window with his guest list last year, so I’ve no doubt we’ll all be wide of the mark whoever we guess, but looking forward to hearing everybody’s crazy ideas! 

I am bored of special guests now.

why do they feel the need to bring someone on 

just sing your  f**king own songs, 

the money it mnust costy to pay for a speacial guest , surely just spend that money on getting better bands than cold play 

Edited by shuttlep

6 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

the money it mnust costy to pay for a speacial guest , surely just spend that money on getting better bands than cold play 

Because it adds something to make it a special set compared to a regular tour night. 

Just now, nikkic said:

Because it adds something to make it a special set compared to a regular tour night. 

Plus, although there are obvious exceptions, lots of acts don't actually do it - Arctic Monkeys, Guns'n'Roses, Billie Eilish, Kendrick, The Cure - and going back further Kanye, the Stones, Bowie, Radiohead, Adele, Foo Fighters etc all performed without them.

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

best sets I have ever seen at Glastonbury 

didn't involve special guests 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

Maybe I’m naive but I’d believed many do for free, or maybe just travel costs? I’d have thought if McCartney rings you up requesting you to do a song with him you wouldn’t be saying how much is it worth? 

11 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I don't know how guests that turn up within a band's set are paid for.  I would assume that they either aren't paid and just do it for free or they know it has promotional exposure value, if it was paid for I could only see it coming out of the acts fee.....  But I would be massively surprised if it was paid for by the festival.  

2 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

Nothing will ever top my sheer shock when Macca said "and from the East coast of America.. Bruce Springsteen!"

Hadn't even considered it as a possibility and we basically cried.

mate of ours was in some crew place and overheard someone talking about Bruce coming on with McCartney.

knowing i am something of a fan having followed Bruce all over the world he told me what he'd heard...

unfortunately my love of Bruce could not trump my dislike of McCartney and even the possibility of Bruce walking out onto that stage couldn't get me there.

but just by pure chance i walked out of the Acoustic stage after Waterboys just as the opening notes of Glory Days rang out and you could hear it perfectly from the Acoustic field.

one of my big regrets was in 2009 not putting 2 and 2 together and guessing that Bruce would, really very obviously, pop up with Gaslight Anthem... missed that one... doh!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Maybe I’m naive but I’d believed many do for free, or maybe just travel costs? I’d have thought if McCartney rings you up requesting you to do a song with him you wouldn’t be saying how much is it worth? 

I would liek to knwo how much they cost

n oone is doing it for free,  they bring on massive artists, they are not doing it for exposure.

can somneone email Emily and find out