Shangri La

Avalon_Fields

2 minutes ago, AndyL16 said:

they'd have to clash it with Saturday night headliners across the festival you'd hope/imagine 

Even then it would be carnage.

That's what it was last year in the Temple and it was complete roadblock at 11pm

28 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

aaaaah yes... the first of many posters that list 99.9% that i never heard of!

Yeah as someone who still mostly buys and listens to albums, this part of the lineup is always a wild west of unknown quantities for me. And really hard not to judge some acts by name alone - DJ f**koff is hardly encouraging me to give them a chance.

People who are excited about names on this lineup, please drop links to stuff the rest of us should be listening to so we can see what the fuss is about as I'm guessing the usual reliance on Spotify won't always work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mouserat said:

Yeah as someone who still mostly buys and listens to albums, this part of the lineup is always a wild west of unknown quantities for me. And really hard not to judge some acts by name alone - DJ f**koff is hardly encouraging me to give them a chance.

People who are excited about names on this lineup, please drop links to stuff the rest of us should be listening to so we can see what the fuss is about as I'm guessing the usual reliance on Spotify won't always work.

Usually in the Electronica & Dance thread someone makes a spreadsheet that says what genre each artist is, provides a link to a good example of one of their dj sets and says whether they are any good etc 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BagpussSeesAllThings said:

what is it people are thinking, out of interest? 

Fred again is basically one of the Joy (anonymous) best mates 

image.png.db21c4c38a4209e85130b8edd2ecbbc0.png

Edited by AndyL16
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Sherelle set sounds brilliant but I’m a bloke so obvs can’t go. Fingers crossed she does another set over the weekend 🤞

It's open to all! 🙂 but I'm sure she will do another set anyway.

14 minutes ago, AndyL16 said:

Fred again is basically one of the Joy (anonymous) best mates 

image.png.db21c4c38a4209e85130b8edd2ecbbc0.png

Fred Again is flatmates with one of Joy Anonymous (Henry)

Hopefully the full stage lineups will outline who their 'friends' are and will help avoid it being rammed for the whole thing..

Nabihah Iqbal on Arrivals stage is my highlight (apart obviously from the mighty Bobby V).  I'd been hoping she'd turn up somewhere on the lineup this year and my prayers have been answered.

1 hour ago, -TLR- said:

aaaaah yes... the first of many posters that list 99.9% that i never heard of!

My view is that if I've heard of them they must be on their last legs.....the 0.1% includes Craig Charles (presumably on Thursday afternoon!) which is always a great start to the festival!

1 minute ago, timbrass said:

My view is that if I've heard of them they must be on their last legs.....the 0.1% includes Craig Charles (presumably on Thursday afternoon!) which is always a great start to the festival!

hehe im the same. 20 years ago knew vast maj of the performers announced for late night area. Now im sat here chuckling cuz Ellis Dee is probably the best thing announced so far across any stage.

I feel like all the names that do ring a bell are just ones I remember reading from last year.

Obvs Bob Vylan, Knee Cap and Lister are the ones I know.

This is a comment on me btw, not the line up.