Acts missing from first poster

Crazyfool01

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Doubt it - vibe would be all wrong.

Lol I remember you doubting LCD as as a sub and a IDLES as other stage very strongly in these pages   .

I think your doubt might be something I take as a seal of confirmation now lol

3 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Lol I remember you doubting LCD as as a sub and a IDLES as other stage very strongly in these pages   .

I think your doubt might be something I take as a seal of confirmation now lol

Then you remember wrong then, dont you.

LCD I thought was a poor scheduling. Still do.

Idles I don't think I've even discussed much recently until they appeared on the poster.

But crack on either way and I'll buy you a beer if Chaka Khan opens the Other Stage 

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

I think perhaps too big for acoustic. Although Keane did it few years back and perhaps similar size.

I could definitely see a surprise set on Park or Woodies. Friends with festival etc. 

Quite a few popular, established acts weren't on the first poster last year, like Courteeners in Woodsies. So no reason James wouldn't be added along similar lines.

8 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

From my neck of the woods I had expected Belle and Sebastian, Gerry Cinnamon, Biffy Clyro for a bit of guitar band and most of all, the one we wanted, Paulo Nutini. 

Did anyone want Paulo Nutini?

I still think Biffy Clyro may be added. They are still are only booked for Victorious so far and it's not exclusive but they may be holding off.

I also think Tom Odell will be added as well but had an Ally Pally show to sell.

10 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I still think Biffy Clyro may be added. They are still are only booked for Victorious so far and it's not exclusive but they may be holding off.

I also think Tom Odell will be added as well but had an Ally Pally show to sell.

Where would Biffy go? All the slots I could see them playing seem to already be taken.

On 3/15/2024 at 2:46 PM, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'm struggling with the fact they missed out on Chaka Khan. The stars were perfectly aligned; she's touring, the actual line up so far seems light on legendary acts, plus she's both female and black.  To use a footy analogy, it was a tap in.  Plus she's the kind of act that if you've booked her, she's on the main poster so I can't see a later announcement.  I'm properly f**king gutted.

I feel for you.

Sorry. (Not sorry)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

The empire state bastards dates rules out Biffy I think.,

On 3/15/2024 at 3:05 PM, turkey twizzler said:

why G are so reluctant to book the prodigy? Given their history with the festival

might be the answer there! their history with the festival is the opposite of tight from what i know.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The empire state bastards dates rules out Biffy I think.,

Given some of the dates on the America section that are 3 days in a row, I wouldn't rule out getting from Spain to England but I'll admit I think it will be his side project appearing on the Sunday instead of Biffy most likely as it would be weird to suddenly just do a random Biffy date the day after the last schedules European side project date.

I think it can only really be APE they are doing which I thought doubfutl but there is definitely something else.

3 hours ago, Porcelina said:

Maybe there are some acts who can't be announced until after ticket resale, due to contractual commitments elsewhere?

E.g. Stevie and BST.

I can't see stevie nicks  being announced cos there's not really anywhere for her to play. can't see her middle of the day on the pyramid.

Edited by Neil

29 minutes ago, Neil said:

I can't see stevie nicks  being announced cos there's not really anywhere for her to play. can't see her middle of the day on the pyramid.

There's still 3rd from top on the Saturday unconfirmed which might be just about viable.

Though yeah if she was playing, would have expected her to place ahead of any one of the Pyramid subs.

1 hour ago, incident said:

There's still 3rd from top on the Saturday unconfirmed which might be just about viable.

Though yeah if she was playing, would have expected her to place ahead of any one of the Pyramid subs.

I think anyone hoping some high Pyramid slots are yet to be announced will be disappointed. They've announced more Pyramid acts on this poster than they ever have before. Even before 2019 when they reduced the number of acts on the Pyramid. They've announced 17 acts on the poster this year and this is how previous years have been:

2023 - 15

2022 - 16

2019 - 16

2017 - 15

I don't think they've left any space this year for any high unannounced acts. Based on patterns from previous years, It would go something like this:

Friday: Dua Lipa, LCD Soundsystem, PJ Harvey, Cyndi Lauper, Paul Heaton, ayra starr, ?

Saturday: Coldplay, Little simz, Michael Kiwanuka, SEVENTEEN, Keane, Olivia Dean, ?

Sunday: SZA, Burna Boy, Janelle Monae, Shania Twain, Paloma Faith, ?, ?

5 hours ago, Porcelina said:

Maybe there are some acts who can't be announced until after ticket resale, due to contractual commitments elsewhere?

E.g. Stevie and BST.

She wouldn’t fit in anywhere, think the Stevie dream is officially dead much to my own disappointment 😞

1 hour ago, incident said:

Third top Saturday has been confirmed to be Michael Kiwanuka.