Brit awards 2024

morph100

8 minutes ago, crumbler said:

Genuine calls for Raye to headline the Pyramid? The lack of line-up news has people losing their minds.

I don’t think she should this year, but I think the certainly has potential to in the near future.

7 minutes ago, amfy said:

I don’t think she should this year, but I think the certainly has potential to in the near future.

Yes on next album if similar quality would definitely put her in contention. Would like to see the festival to get back to their policy in the 90’s of taking chances on more contemporary artists. Festivals keep complaining about not having many headliner options so I think they need to go back to creating them. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Yet Madonna is seemingly A better option when she has no voice and would do more of it. Dua isnt miming, but go on.

Don’t think I said Madonna would be a better option? Dua defo mimed some of that performance, she’s got history of miming previously I believe as well. Not a great look imo, would rather Stevie Nicks or Olivia Rodrigo. 

22 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

brits is always a binfire , dont think its entirely fair judging artists based on this ... its almost like picking the worst artist videos from YouTube 

you are in front of an audience of god knows how many millions, on prime time saturday night tv - you have the opportunity to sell yourself to untold amounts of people who would never ever ordinarily hear you.

and you choose to put on the most boring, bland, insipid performance possible.

yup - good work Jungle.

2 hours ago, RossTC said:

+1 to hearing Raye for the first time on Sat night and after playing her album on repeat yesterday i bloody hope shes on the farm this year!

Think she'd work great 3rd down on Pyramid, akin to Lewis Capaldi last year.

2 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Fairly grim event all told. Not to detract from Raye's success at all, mind.

I didn't mind the music so much. It's the awkward, scripted award presentation and unbearable skits in between. It must be time for a reformatting of these types of events? On the plus side, there was no sign of Corden or Whitehall

On 3/3/2024 at 9:02 AM, amfy said:

Prada? Black Mascara? 

She does also have ‘You don’t know me’ from her previous life which is a tune she still rolled out last year and it went off! 

I can't actually find a source, but her fans have said that she hates Prada apparently, so I don't see that getting a look in. Not surprising really. Black Mascara didn't chart.

As I said, she'll be fine if she wheels out all her EDM hits. But if not, filling a 20 song headline set will be tough. Only 5/15 tracks of her debut album have more than 10 million streams on Spotify.

Edited by WhoOdyssey

18 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I didn't mind the music so much. It's the awkward, scripted award presentation and unbearable skits in between. It must be time for a reformatting of these types of events? On the plus side, there was no sign of Corden or Whitehall

Yeh the whole thing seemed deflated. The absence of Whitehall notwithstanding.

2 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I can't actually find a source, but her fans have said that she hates Prada apparently, so I don't see that getting a look in. Not surprising really. Black Mascara didn't chart.

As I said, she'll be fine if she wheels out all her EDM hits. But if not, filling a 20 song headline set will be tough. Only 5/15 tracks of her debut album have more than 10 million streams on Spotify.

Prada is one of her more recent hits and it was actually part of her Brits medley so I think she’s fine with that one. I know from the Louie Theroux interview that she doesn’t like ‘Bed’ but she still seems happy with ‘You don’t know me’ as she did it at Glastonbury last year.

i’m surprised Black Mascara didn’t chart because it got a lot of radio play and is well known. Again - it went down a storm at Glastonbury last year and would sit comfortably as a big tune in any set.

On 3/4/2024 at 11:15 AM, WhoOdyssey said:

Just 2.6m viewers for this on Saturday night, the lowest ever unsurprisingly.

Just got round to watching. Awful stuff. Move it back midweek and lose all the disinterested table types from the front. 
Stick to the music and ditch the “comedy” set pieces in the crowd.

As is traditional around here, I drank throughout but it didn’t help 😞