Food Traders 2024.

Chimps

On 2/26/2024 at 11:29 AM, dondo said:

Looking forward to my old favourites of Leon in West Holts field (which handily for me as a volunteer normally opens on the Tuesday) and  No Bones Jones

Ooh good to know - I was struggling for food on the Tuesday last year

1 hour ago, deepkittycaz said:

There's crumble at the festival?!

It's very popular amongst many of the posters here.

Last couple of years it's been opposite Leftfield and very popular with Billy Bragg.

https://www.gravyandcustard.co.uk/crumbleshack

BTW for me the revelation was that they keep the toppings separate from the fruit.  So firstly they can cater for a variety of combinations throughout the day and until late at night, but also whenever you get it the topping is always lovely and crisp.

ffe1f3_b03a2aeba3af4951a7f5504af5b48ddc~mv2.webp

Edited by clarkete
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deepkittycaz said:

Ooh good to know - I was struggling for food on the Tuesday last year

The pizza place at the Tow and Hitch is good as well 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Their grub looks nice and a step up from the bacon butties or chips that many competitors offer in the CV fields

Full English was £12 last year for 7 items, it looked fab, our neighbours had it on the Sunday. I will definitely try harder this year to try one! 😋

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Full English was £12 last year for 7 items, it looked fab, our neighbours had it on the Sunday. I will definitely try harder this year to try one! 😋

I'm very much not someone who uses the caravan for cooking and washing up, but good to know that's an option, even if I'm a bit far in E25.

27 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I'm very much not someone who uses the caravan for cooking and washing up, but good to know that's an option, even if I'm a bit far in E25.

Nor us, Eat the Farm is our favourite breakfast place. However The old Skool Bus is so close for us as we pitch in E21 Accessible Forward Campervan Field so it's literally just behind us! They do have seating if it's fine, which of course it will be!  😂

Edited by StoneCircle

31 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Nor us, Eat the Farm is our favourite breakfast place. However The old Skool Bus is so close for us as we pitch in E21 Accessible Forward Campervan Field so it's literally just behind us! They do have seating if it's fine, which of course it will be!  😂

Great tip.  I'll have to see if I can get @Kim Wrong-Unto add it to his map 😊 (not that he has any reason to do my bidding tbh) 

Edited by clarkete

17 hours ago, deepkittycaz said:

There's crumble at the festival?!

Sure is.  Assuming they have been accepted again for this year the Crumble Shack is conveniently located just opposite the Left Field tent on the path that leads towards Pyramid.  Choices of fruit and toppings.  Heaven.

• Like 1

Looking like my favourite food stall isn't going to be there this year! Roaming Rotisserie has been my place for comfort food since Pieminister disappeared. 😭

Screenshot_20240311-202000.png

Edited by StoneCircle

11 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Looking like my favourite food stall isn't going to be there this year! Roaming Rotisserie has been my place for comfort food since Pieminster disappeared. 😭

I think that's just an outdated message from COVID?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Looking like my favourite food stall isn't going to be there this year! Roaming Rotisserie has been my place for comfort food since Pieminister disappeared. 😭

Defo a covid message. Theres never not a queue for chicken at any festival theyre at. 

I see they do porchetta now!

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

Tragic news...... there will be no Crumble Shack at Glasto this year.

It's over 😭

That’s the way the crumble crumbles at times sadly … had it on my list after it had been sold so well to me by folk on here 😞 

16 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

It's over 😭

☹️ ah ffs, this is a hundred times worse than Coldplay turning up everywhere - i was looking forward to Crumble shack a bare minimum of three times 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

It's over 😭

One of our gang is, genuinely, considering whether this news is the tipping point for him not paying his balance, and buggering off to do something else in Glastonbury week! Does Crumble Shack have any idea what it's done here?!

Ben

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

One of our gang is, genuinely, considering whether this news is the tipping point for him not paying his balance, and buggering off to do something else in Glastonbury week! Does Crumble Shack have any idea what it's done here?!

Ben

Listen, I love a crumble far more than the next man, as my body or my family would attest.   I went to them last year for first time and it was every bit as delicious as people said (hence I went again)...

...however, it shouldn't be the tipping point. 

There are other fantastic things to eat there, even (I hate to say) other crumbles, but of course the cornucopia of other stuff should be what decides it 😊

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Listen, I love a crumble far more than the next man, as my body or my family would attest.   I went to them last year for first time and it was every bit as delicious as people said (hence I went again)...

...however, it shouldn't be the tipping point. 

There are other fantastic things to eat there, even (I hate to say) other crumbles, but of course the cornucopia of other stuff should be what decides it 😊

There are... other... crumbles?

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

It's over 😭

This is a joke right? 

This is genuinely worse than any lineup news, ever... Whoever's headlining, there'll always be other acts you like, and new acts to discover... There is ONLY ONE CRUMBLE SHACK!

56 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

This is a joke right? 

This is genuinely worse than any lineup news, ever... Whoever's headlining, there'll always be other acts you like, and new acts to discover... There is ONLY ONE CRUMBLE SHACK!

Last year The Crumble Shack was my Saturday night headliner and unlike Lana Del Ray it didn't disappoint.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, moogster said:

(Someone twitted Billy Bragg)

I did.  He's replied asking what has happened so I've told him it's a guess that they didn't get a pitch approved, and that I expect an ode to be written and debuted on Friday in Left Field.

• Thanks 1