UK Politics

kalifire

1 minute ago, Ommadawn said:

Thanks - cos this is a political discussion forum and there's more to politics than just the Labour party (as you know).

More to politics than Labour and Conservative - but sadly the others get very little coverage apart from Reform who now seem to be mainstream news despite having never actually won anything.
Media bias is scary at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

More to politics than Labour and Conservative - but sadly the others get very little coverage apart from Reform who now seem to be mainstream news despite having never actually won anything.
Media bias is scary at the moment.

It's always been the case in our media, at least in my lifetime. Farage on his own has had more appearances on Question Time than everyone involved with the Green Party altogether. Not to mention T*mmy R*b*ns*n and similar.

5 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Thanks - cos this is a political discussion forum and there's more to politics than just the Labour party (as you know).

Labour aside, there's well-known negative connotations attached to that rag that mean it will be looked at unfavourably. I'm sure you know that anyway.

24 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

I'd question why someone would want to link to the KKK, LGB Alliance, Stormfront, or similar. 

Wasn't aware of LGB Alliance, just read up on them and can't really see why you have put them in the same category as the other two. Are their views really that extreme? Would have thought quite a few people would share them.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Wasn't aware of LGB Alliance, just read up on them and can't really see why you have put them in the same category as the other two. Are their views really that extreme? Would have thought quite a few people would share them.

Yeah. They're literally a hate group designed to bully trans people. Their founders and prominent allies stand around supporting people who quote Mein Kampf positively:
https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/01/16/newcastle-let-women-speak-rally-adolt-hitler-trans-speech/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Yeah. They're literally a hate group designed to bully trans people. Their founders and prominent allies stand around supporting people who quote Mein Kampf positively:
https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/01/16/newcastle-let-women-speak-rally-adolt-hitler-trans-speech/

Well that article doesn't mention LGB a or any of their founders so I'll have to take your word for it. As they are a legal organization and a registered charity I would expect they could be linked to for political discussion (not that I'm going to, this subject is a real can of worms!).

2 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Well that article doesn't mention LGB a or any of their founders so I'll have to take your word for it. As they are a legal organization and a registered charity I would expect they could be linked to for political discussion (not that I'm going to, this subject is a real can of worms!).

Well here's another:
https://www.thepinknews.com/2020/04/03/lgb-alliance-neo-nazi-homophobia-spinster-death-head-charity-commission/

that links them to neo-nazis, and their founders have said positive things about "Posie Parker" who was referenced as the organiser of the rally where Mein Kampf was directly quoted.

They post a lot of the sort of insidious, first-level hate speech stuff that's equivalent to "puppet of the Jewish bankers", while hanging out with the people who post the equivalents of the blood libel.

If mentioning his job is insulting then a lot of you here are triggered by the mention of what you do .

Would be better if you felt the shame before accepting the job.

1 hour ago, kaosmark2 said:

It's always been the case in our media, at least in my lifetime. Farage on his own has had more appearances on Question Time than everyone involved with the Green Party altogether. Not to mention T*mmy R*b*ns*n and similar.

do you know what the various offers & declines for appearances are - unless you do there's more than media bias  there's also probably commentary bias.

17 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Only in her early 40s as well. That's some pretty rough news.

I know she'll get great treatment and if they've caught it early, that helps with survival rates, but still.

her and King Charles go into hospital for some procedures and both come out with cancer diagnoses.

2 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

That link does not show what you said it does. The reported views are gender critcal, a viewpoint protected in law and consistent with the uk equality acts. 

Mein Kampf is quoted in the context of someone accusing  trans activists of telling a big lie

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1