Songs about Glastonbury/ Mention Glastonbury

Ben7amin_

10 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Glastonbury Fayre , the waterboys

and every act that’s ever played the festival seems to start their first song with Hello Glastonbury! 😉😊

Glastonbury song - the Waterboys

There's an easy list by searching for Glastonbury in your Spotify.

22 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Och, that’s cheating, whatever happened to just using your own memory knowledge and experiences😉

that's where "Glastonbury song" came from (my memory), its always the first i think about for a Glastonbury reference. but if anyone wants a comprehensive list its easy nowadays to generate it yourself.

Probably not true, but I always thought Maxi Jazz's (r.i.p) lyric about wanting the the view from the top of the hill in Feeling Good was an ode to, or about looking out at the crowd from the Pyramid Stage. 

Always makes me think of the Festival anyway 😁

https://open.spotify.com/track/1JRm1TX4S895vQgib4FEVJ?si=VJuoWKCpSPaWrukhvM_fJw

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If you want to listen to a prog rock version of this, check out the Emerson Lake and Palmer track on the brain salad surgery album😊😊😊😊😉
William Blake has been spinning in his grave since this was first released in 1973.

44 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

If you want to listen to a prog rock version of this, check out the Emerson Lake and Palmer track on the brain salad surgery album😊😊😊😊😉
William Blake has been spinning in his grave since this was first released in 1973.

Yeah he much prefers The Fall version,

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2023 at 2:57 PM, Yokel Again said:

Wasn't this The Stones in 2013, doing Factory Girl but the lyrics changed to Glastonbury Girl? Don't remember Macca doing it, but was drunk and 20 years almost ago!

I think it may have been both 

I definitely remember Glastonbury girl

I only stayed at the stones for paint it black, then went and joined 30 scousers watching public enemy 

8 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

They change it all the time depending on where they’re playing. Had Norfolk at Latitude

They sang "a field in Hampshire" when they were playing a field in Hampshire. 😛