Site changes for 2024 …

Crazyfool01

On 3/31/2024 at 5:33 PM, irnkrtn said:

I know I spent most of my time worse for wear in the late 90s but I am sure the New Bands Tent wasn't a mirage 😛

and before anyone says otherwise, besides the top 2/3 bands it was definitely a space for new bands. I remember 2000 was wall to wall indie bands with their first singles out. Very similar to WG I imagine.

The New bands tent did exist and while it had lots of new bands it wasn't tent for new bands it was a new tent for bands.

1 hour ago, Dukeicon said:

All the stages in Shangri-La now missing from the website & nothing on the Shangri-La page, apart from 'This page will be updated nearer the Festival'. Page updated yesterday.

Previous view of the page, from January, with the stages on the right-handside.

794888956_Screenshot2024-04-03at12_43_29.thumb.png.5db61237eaf3cece20b8222205db299f.png

Good spot. Changes may be afoot! 

10 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Wonder if we'll get Shangri La poster this week then.

I have to admit every year I look at the acts in utter bewilderment, not a clue who any of them are. But it must be exciting for the people who love that kind of music.

There's always a lot I have no idea about but there's been a decent number of guitar acts in amongst it all. Hopefully something that can still be catered for and they don't just end up all dance/electronic.

17 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I have to admit every year I look at the acts in utter bewilderment, not a clue who any of them are. But it must be exciting for the people who love that kind of music.

I think I remember Shangri-la and Silver Hayes being two of the early ones in recent years?

19 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

I think I remember Shangri-la and Silver Hayes being two of the early ones in recent years?

Avalon and Silver Hayes tend to be the earlier ones I believe, had a quick look at The Thingy and that appears to be the case anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

i think it does what i've seen happen with other places - of booking the same acts under different names.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

i think it does what i've seen happen with other places - of booking the same acts under different names.

😂😂 who do you think is the same with a different name here?

IMG_1233.jpeg

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

IMG_1233.jpeg

chris tofu and global local might be the same. - decent chance as i know chris uses both names, and sometimes others too. 

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

IMG_1233.jpeg

decent chance "& FRIENDS" is the same as"& FRIENDS".

😛 

3 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Avalon and Silver Hayes tend to be the earlier ones I believe, had a quick look at The Thingy and that appears to be the case anyway.

They'll look at the photos of the people who haven't paid their balance yet to decide if they should drop Avalon or SH 😂

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Don’t know if this has been discussed elsewhere, but someone on the Oxfam group chat is saying that The Guardian bags/ paper sales are no more…

Damn. Those bags were always a good gift for people wanting something brought back from the festival. 

8 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Don’t know if this has been discussed elsewhere, but someone on the Oxfam group chat is saying that The Guardian bags/ paper sales are no more…

Ahh man this is sad. Haven't collected the bags since 2014, but liked a Saturday morning paper and coffee 😔

Happy memories of the guardian lounge at my first Glastonbury. 

3 minutes ago, Talcroft said:

Ahh man this is sad. Haven't collected the bags since 2014, but liked a Saturday morning paper and coffee 😔

Happy memories of the guardian lounge at my first Glastonbury. 

Yes - can remember trying to read the old-style broadsheet Observer in the wind in times gone past! 

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned here before, the current Google Maps satellite view is just after the festival took place. I thought Bath & West was just CV camping, but there must be lots of crew camping there? Anyway, it’s fun to explore.

748F360A-9E3E-480D-9CF4-7CBE3202F310.jpeg

0EB9C3F1-5F1D-4B39-B08B-3B4CCE87784A.jpeg

FE4E0F65-1A44-4EDD-9962-9B2971E83CCB.jpeg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned here before, the current Google Maps satellite view is just after the festival took place. I thought Bath & West was just CV camping, but there must be lots of crew camping there? Anyway, it’s fun to explore.

748F360A-9E3E-480D-9CF4-7CBE3202F310.jpeg

0EB9C3F1-5F1D-4B39-B08B-3B4CCE87784A.jpeg

FE4E0F65-1A44-4EDD-9962-9B2971E83CCB.jpeg

I'm not sure which year that photo is from, or how long after the Festival it was taken - but the activity at B&W is likely entirely unrelated to Glastonbury. Prior to this year NASS Festival took place at B&W , usually only 2 weeks after Glastonbury, and the site is also used for a lot of other stuff throughout the summer.

22 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm not sure which year that photo is from, or how long after the Festival it was taken - but the activity at B&W is likely entirely unrelated to Glastonbury. Prior to this year NASS Festival took place at B&W , usually only 2 weeks after Glastonbury, and the site is also used for a lot of other stuff throughout the summer.

Thanks, that explains it. Looks like about 2 weeks after. It’s a relatively recent year as Sticklinch can be seen. I reckon it’s 2023.

13 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Thanks, that explains it. Looks like about 2 weeks after. It’s a relatively recent year as Sticklinch can be seen. I reckon it’s 2023.

It looks like Carmageddon is there, so that would make it 2022 with Stinklinch.

Edit: Can also make out William's Green - so definitely 2022?

Edited by compactdisc