Site changes for 2024 …

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, pilton digger said:

That stuff has been there since last year, probably noticed it about october

not site changes ... but lunch in crown was lovely . thanks for booking recommendation though was really busy 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

not site changes ... but lunch in crown was lovely . thanks for booking recommendation though was really busy 

It’s really lovely, not just the great food but the decor and atmosphere is tremendous. Hoping to head down after Easter for a camping break and a meal in the crown is a must. It’s the question they always ask after finishing the main course ‘do you want to see the dessert menu?’ Always a temptation!😊

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

It’s really lovely, not just the great food but the decor and atmosphere is tremendous. Hoping to head down after Easter for a camping break and a meal in the crown is a must. It’s the question they always ask after finishing the main course ‘do you want to see the dessert menu?’ Always a temptation!😊

They didn’t even ask that I noticed . Must have missed us as we were deep in conversation about site changes 🙂 and forum topics 

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

No sign of any carhenge foundations … wandered into that field but really couldn’t make anything out … the cars were also not around this time at the workshop where they were the last time I visited this time of year but then they were being worked on and won’t need anything done this time 

The foundations will still be there. Highly unlikely they’ll have gone to the effort of removing them.

5 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

The foundations will still be there. Highly unlikely they’ll have gone to the effort of removing them.

yeah thats what we thought .... couldn't find the damn things though .I think itll be back anyway as I doubt they'll have bothered with that effort for a 1 off 

22 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

yeah thats what we thought .... couldn't find the damn things though .I think itll be back anyway as I doubt they'll have bothered with that effort for a 1 off 

You needed Professor Alice Roberts with you , She’d use her ground penetrating radar to find the foundations. She’s a friend of the festival. 😊

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Any ideas on the plane ? There are 2 of them ? Not seen them onsite before 

IMG_8129.png

That looks a LOT like one of the Ethiad model planes that used to live on the roundabout just outside Heathrow Terminal 4:

image.thumb.png.0720a1b950d7f7e37bb43f0814555d4d.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, incident said:

That looks a LOT like one of the Ethiad model planes that used to live on the roundabout just outside Heathrow Terminal 4:

image.thumb.png.0720a1b950d7f7e37bb43f0814555d4d.png

Yeah that's definitely the planes we saw yesterday. One of them had it's wings removed but the curved tips were unmistakable.  I wonder if we're going to get some flying/climate change installation....? 

18 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

IMG_8085.jpeg

The metal on the inside is for running cables and the fact it's got see through glass suggests it isn't something back of house. Definitely looks like it's been/planned to be on or near a stage because of the signs about noise. 

You're right though it's definitely not the levels, or at least not something you can see from the front of the levels. 

But it looks like it's already been used on site rather than something new which is interesting 

I was also on site this weekend - only other thing I saw other than the above was a whole bunch of new bins ready for painting

I'll be doing more walking around there in the coming months but with slightly less access, I'll see what I can spot

4 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

The metal on the inside is for running cables and the fact it's got see through glass suggests it isn't something back of house. Definitely looks like it's been/planned to be on or near a stage because of the signs about noise. 

You're right though it's definitely not the levels, or at least not something you can see from the front of the levels. 

But it looks like it's already been used on site rather than something new which is interesting 

Or it’s just got a bit muddy from sitting in the fields for several months over a pretty grotty winter