Site changes for 2024 …

Crazyfool01

25 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Neither will be there. Space is being given over to the queueing system for SE corner which will run 24/7 this year.

That would be tragic

5 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

I would be very surprised if the entire area is lost to queuing...

Can you imagine the avalon Inn went as well

Wonder what's prompted that change?

Losing some parts of Avalon

Different queuing area for SEC

and

SEC to pump 24/7

Side note, our group went to the area by IICON on the Saturday last year during the day, was a nice place to chill out for a bit...guess that won't be much of an option anymore! 😄 

If the cafe stage has gone will that mean there will be fewer small bands?  I know people like 3 daft monkeys used to play the cafe stage several times. Presumably to get enough tickets for all of them 

6 minutes ago, tarw said:

If the cafe stage has gone will that mean there will be fewer small bands?  I know people like 3 daft monkeys used to play the cafe stage several times. Presumably to get enough tickets for all of them 

Unless there's a replacement elsewhere. I've seen some good stuff in the Avalon Cafe over the years, starting with the Scottish singer Astrid Williamson in 2004. Seen some dubious singers too! (Michael Eavis 😀)

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Unless there's a replacement elsewhere. I've seen some good stuff in the Avalon Cafe over the years, starting with the Scottish singer Astrid Williamson in 2004. Seen some dubious singers too! (Michael Eavis 😀)

Where will Lloyd Grossman go?

• Upvote 1

Is there any news on whether Carhenge will still be a thing this year or whether William’s Green will be back? I hope for the latter, fantastic to see smaller new bands who aren’t quite big enough for Woodises yet and the late night stuff was magnificent. 

11 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

The old big Avalon Cafe was gotten rid of for the 2022 festival and replaced with another much smaller tent in a similar location but called something else. For the 2023 festival though it moved to the northern side of the Avalon Field with a similar small tent though. I vaguely remember it having the Avalon Cafe name restored in 2023 - I assume it must've been if they're now saying it's gone again?

9 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

Is there any news on whether Carhenge will still be a thing this year or whether William’s Green will be back? I hope for the latter, fantastic to see smaller new bands who aren’t quite big enough for Woodises yet and the late night stuff was magnificent. 

Losing Williams Green is a real blow isn't it, doesn't feel like there's a home for small bands to play now. 

• Upvote 8

9 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Car henge is going nowhere. They put down foundations for it last year, so i'd imagine its a permanent fixture.

Any news on the dragon fly replacing the spider at Arcadia yet? 👀

Helicopter becoming a dragonfly sounds cool. Will it be buzzing above our heads like the Pangea globe was supposed to? Probably impractical but would be a trip.