SZA

gherkin8r

1 hour ago, RaphPH said:

I don’t think SZA is a grand enough name for headliner - but then this was the crowd for The Cure about half an hour before they came on in 2019 

IMG_0505.jpeg

the cure were a naff booking for that year, but at least there's no indication - with added insult -  that they weren't first choice.

1 hour ago, RaphPH said:

I don’t think SZA is a grand enough name for headliner - but then this was the crowd for The Cure about half an hour before they came on in 2019 

IMG_0505.jpeg

What kind of nerd turns up half an hour before an act?   😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaphPH said:

IMG_0505.jpeg

Maybe so but they still had a decent sized crowd and I was at the back of the field. Thought they were brilliant too and they’re a bit of a legendary act so make a lot more sense. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, foolee said:

Maybe so but they still had a decent sized crowd and I was at the back of the field. Thought they were brilliant too and they’re a bit of a legendary act so make a lot more sense. 

Yeah, it was a decent crowd where I was and looks like it on this shared video too  

• Upvote 1

On 3/5/2024 at 7:09 AM, Acid_Haze said:

Agreed that Ctrl is the better album. This one makes you feel things.

I remember seeing that video a few years ago, when he got all the This is America and SNL publicity, as he appeared in that one and she appeared in his https://news.sky.com/story/this-is-america-whats-behind-the-music-video-taking-the-world-by-storm-11363692

Since then there had been a couple of times I'd tried to recall whose video it was, but my memory is a bit foggy on occasion 😊

So I'm pleased that you've helped me solve that mystery and if it's her I hope she puts on a cracking show. 

Edited by clarkete

Eighty minutes of SZA might be absolute gangbusters. It might be DOA.

One of those bookings that, if it pays off, we'll be absolutely terrific, but if it doesn't, should still be fine if the other two Pyramid headliners deliver. 

Which, in Coldplay's case, seems to be something of a given, and with Dua Lipa's catalogue, would require a not-insignificant fumble.

11 hours ago, Neil said:

the cure were a naff booking for that year, but at least there's no indication - with added insult -  that they weren't first choice.

...and still they pulled off one of the greatest headline sets of all time. Blur, Radiohead 97, Stones, REM 99 Macca, Coldplay 16, Elton, Bowie, Cure 19

11 minutes ago, Superscally said:

...and still they pulled off one of the greatest headline sets of all time. Blur, Radiohead 97, Stones, REM 99 Macca, Coldplay 16, Elton, Bowie, Cure 19

i saw that cure set didn't think it was great, i also didn't see any of the other  headline sets in your list- nearest i got was seeing rem at titp(same year i think)

Given CTRL and SOS two full listens each last few days. Really wanted to love it as I think her voice is superb (that vocal on ‘All the Stars’ is otherworldly IMHO) but while I can appreciate the quality I didn’t quite get there. Irony is I’d go and see her as a sub and probably be quite excited about it but will most likely be dragged away by headliner level options elsewhere. Which isn’t a bad thing actually as I’m a cert for Dua and Coldplay. Hope she smashes it though*

*Secretly I still cling to the hope that it’s Olivia Rodrigo but whoever it is, I hope it’s great.

• Upvote 1