Ticket day setups …

Crazyfool01

These are my 2 work stations … have a friend coming over to help … iPads have the live spreadsheet on both … mixture of 5g tether and fibre one broadband … safari browser of choice with shortcodes preprogrammed for bus people …. Payment card to hand . Might add a thatchers later for nerves 

IMG_7381.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, e9t3 said:

Laptop (on WiFi) and phone (on 5g).

I've got two hands so can refresh each about once per second.

The only other thing I do is pray 🙏

sadly not possible on a Mac unless I can figure out a way to assign one key to refreshing rather than command r ...... but I tend to focus on 1 anyway and have the second as backup ... 

I feel like there should be some sort of award each year for the most successful buyer with the most rubbish setup. The one who forgets it's ticket day until one minute late, has to log on from halfway up Ben Nevis with one bar of signal and somehow still manages to get through. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mouserat said:

I feel like there should be some sort of award each year for the most successful buyer with the most rubbish setup. The one who forgets it's ticket day until one minute late, has to log on from halfway up Ben Nevis with one bar of signal and somehow still manages to get through. 

I'll be on hotel wifi tonight, and dodgy roaming singal / airport wifi at 4am on Sunday. I am not optimistic.

26 minutes ago, mouserat said:

The only time we were successful is where 5 of us sat in our houses refreshing between 3-4 devices each and the one person who wasn't as interested managed to get through on their phone sat in the parking lot of their gym. 

• Like 1

I think @Crazyfool01only shares this stuff because I'll be jealous how nice his house looks.  Can you sort mine out too 😉?

I'll be on comparatively speedy WiFi in a Portuguese hotel using a mobile plus laptop I bought purely cos they botched my plans by moving the sale date.  Nb it will be used after, but that was the trigger as didn't fancy carrying a desktop, keyboard and monitor or persuading my partner holiday would be cancelled. 

14 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I think @Crazyfool01only shares this stuff because I'll be jealous how nice his house looks.  Can you sort mine out too 😉?

I'll be on comparatively speedy WiFi in a Portuguese hotel using a mobile plus laptop I bought purely cos they botched my plans by moving the sale date.  Nb it will be used after, but that was the trigger as didn't fancy carrying a desktop, keyboard and monitor or persuading my partner holiday would be cancelled. 

And you are as likely as any to get through … it’s really just luck with the odd thing that maximises the luck . 

Thinned down this year after realizing I can't cope with more than 3 devices at a time.

1) Laptop VPN'd into work as they have a thick internet pipe.

2) Laptop on home network (Virgin) - connected with a network cable for a little less lag.

3) Desktop VPN'd into Europe (usually my bittorrent PC so has permanent VPN running)

4) Phone to keep an eye on here..