2025 Headliners

From what I’ve read of Madonna’s celebration tour finale in Rio it’s basically “the same but with sand”  so they’re going to do the floating box and all the catwalks it seems.. which might explain why she chose Rio over Glastonbury to end the tour.   (Being able to pull a crowd of 2 million probably swings it a bit too).

I feel like that was maybe the last chance of Madonna doing a headline Glastonbury set.. would she ever do the legends slot.. not sure I can see it.. 

1 hour ago, Pipine said:

From what I’ve read of Madonna’s celebration tour finale in Rio it’s basically “the same but with sand”  so they’re going to do the floating box and all the catwalks it seems.. which might explain why she chose Rio over Glastonbury to end the tour.   (Being able to pull a crowd of 2 million probably swings it a bit too).

I feel like that was maybe the last chance of Madonna doing a headline Glastonbury set.. would she ever do the legends slot.. not sure I can see it.. 

She chose Rio because they will pay her more than Glastonbury by a landslide. I don't think she'll ever do it. She received enough publicity from her tour to not need Glastonbury and reviews were far from poor.

4 minutes ago, northernangel said:

She chose Rio because they will pay her more than Glastonbury by a landslide. I don't think she'll ever do it. She received enough publicity from her tour to not need Glastonbury and reviews were far from poor.

True, I was forgetting about the bank stumping up loads of cash 😂  even if Glastonbury had the cash I think being able to just repeat the show exactly as she’s been doing it for 7 months is probably a big factor. 

1 minute ago, Pipine said:

True, I was forgetting about the bank stumping up loads of cash 😂  even if Glastonbury had the cash I think being able to just repeat the show exactly as she’s been doing it for 7 months is probably a big factor. 

Yeah Madonna doesn’t skimp on production as that's where a lot of your money goes. I was happy to pay £50 and get a high, far away but decent view.

7 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Yeah Madonna doesn’t skimp on production as that's where a lot of your money goes. I was happy to pay £50 and get a high, far away but decent view.

you were happy to pay extra to be further away from it? its normally done the other way pay extra to be closer.😛 

29 minutes ago, Neil said:

you were happy to pay extra to be further away from it? its normally done the other way pay extra to be closer.😛 

I didn't say anything about paying extra did I?, I said I was happy to pay £50 which was the bottom amount to get what I did. I could hear it fine and see it clearly. She would never be someone I would pay big for. I was at the top at the back but to the side so not rigs or anything majorly in my way. 

20231017_205546.jpg

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

I didn't say anything about paying extra did I?, I said I was happy to pay £50 which was the bottom amount to get what I did.

my apologies for my misunderstanding.

On 4/16/2024 at 9:32 AM, Ben7amin_ said:

Neil Young announced a tour all US in May then a break with Canada in July.

I'm certainly not 100% he would be back for another headline but hey with those tour dates he probably should be in the chat at this point  

get bruce too and have a 09 rerun 😁👍🏻

4 hours ago, Neil said:

my apologies for my misunderstanding.

No dramas

2 hours ago, jj200 said:

Friday: sam fender

Saturday: Calvin Harris 

Sunday: dave

There will definitely be a female headliner there. If they are willing to grab in SZA then the bar for it has been set low anyway.

11 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

You what??? 😂

Somehow they seem to fit epic sized crowds on Copacabana beach.. 4.2m (the world record biggest crowd for a gig) for Rod Stewart (why!?) and 1.5m for the stones. The estimated crowd for Madonna is 2m. 

What's Ariana up to, new album on the cards? Couple of years ago I'd have laughed at the prospect, but anything goes now after SZA. Ariana would put a superb show on! Some mega catchy tunes, incredible voice, beautiful, and seems like a good person who'd get the vibe! Get her on the farm! I'd be the only one of my mates there but that's become par for the course now, and they're amazed when I get excited at the prospect of seeing the likes of Sigrid, Lorde and other awesome female solo artists who've played GF recently.

39 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

What's Ariana up to, new album on the cards? Couple of years ago I'd have laughed at the prospect, but anything goes now after SZA. Ariana would put a superb show on! Some mega catchy tunes, incredible voice, beautiful, and seems like a good person who'd get the vibe! Get her on the farm! I'd be the only one of my mates there but that's become par for the course now, and they're amazed when I get excited at the prospect of seeing the likes of Sigrid, Lorde and other awesome female solo artists who've played GF recently.

Next yea I think it's going to be either 1 female or all 3, I don't think they'll do two females two years running as it'll set a trend. I think Ariana would be humble enough to play too should she get like a BST offer to back It up or something like that.

13 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

So, I've not read the last 20 pages. What are we saying?

Taylor for the Relevant lads?

Madonna for Heritage crowd?

Neil Young for the Crusties crew?

Taylor with a shite album is the move? Ok. Let her do this entire double album front to back and she will give you the value of the reduced fee right there

54 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Next yea I think it's going to be either 1 female or all 3, I don't think they'll do two females two years running as it'll set a trend. I think Ariana would be humble enough to play too should she get like a BST offer to back It up or something like that.

You think these acts are humble? Lol

I'm not sure if Taylor will ever do it now to be honest. 

I know they had her on the line once but her profile has only skyrocketed since then and she loves money so much that I can't see her not doing it for mega bucks now. 

Arianna & Rihanna would be the two female acts I recon they have in the pipeline. 

It would not surprise me if they had Raye on a list somewhere for a lower slot but are now re-considering weather she might actually be a headliner. Similar to what happened with Dua Lipa I guess.

15 hours ago, Pipine said:

Somehow they seem to fit epic sized crowds on Copacabana beach.. 4.2m (the world record biggest crowd for a gig) for Rod Stewart (why!?) and 1.5m for the stones. The estimated crowd for Madonna is 2m. 

Sorry, got confused - thought she was playing Rock in Rio, which isn’t on Copacabana beach.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, vigo said:

Any chance she’s back so soon do you think?

IMG_2547.jpeg

I was wondering this - it's definitely a significant GSH. Could see her being tempted back given she seems to have really enjoyed both times she's played. But think if she's back this quickly it probably makes it her last Glastonbury for a while to avoid overdoing it.