Sale Date Change

CaledonianGonzo

Just to add to the evidence for this happening, I reconfirmed my old registration after receiving a warning about pre 2020 registrations, then got a deletion email a month later all the same. Luckily I spotted this and re-registered with a new account, but obviously something has gone wrong. This isn't about people being dense or 'lesser' fans who can't be arsed to stay on top of things, postponing the sale was the only reasonable response. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDayman said:

I updated and got also email confirmation. I then double checked on the website and found my account. All good.

I then got that deletion email a few days later so again checked website and my registration was still there.

It was only on Tuesday when I was prepping for the sales window that I found my registration had ultimately been deleted at some stage after I had checked. 

Hmmmm. But yeah, i had done the confirmation twice on my reg and hers and mine was fine. No deletion email received. But just hers got that email. So it got mucked up one way or another.

Anyone else get contacted by BBC Points West regarding this?

"Hi there. I'm a reporter at BBC Points West - we do the local news for Somerset. I'm doing a piece today about the ticket sale dates and am trying to collect a few people's stories about how the date change has affected them. Wondering if you would be up for doing a short zoom interview with me this afternoon (Friday 3rd)? If you're up for it, email me at martin.jones1@bbc.co.uk

Thank you!"

They only joined five hours ago. I'm at work but wouldn't have anyway.

I have requested the new date off of work. A days annual leave I won't get back and weekend hours I will have to make up elsewhere. Relatively quite an expense if I'm ultimately not successful. 

Trying to post about being contacted by BBC Points West regarding this. Have they tried anyone else? Trying to post the message I was sent but needs moderation apparently.

Am at work but wouldn't have bothered anyway.

I have requested the new date off of work. A days annual leave I won't get back and weekend hours I will have to make up elsewhere. Relatively quite an expense if I'm ultimately not successful. 

9 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

And why will my content have to be approved by a moderator all of a sudden?

Answer is it contains an email address .... they posted the same thing earlier they are legit as I looked them up but was waiting for Iggy to approve their post . it's a feature setup to prevent spam 

Edited by Crazyfool01
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, incident said:

I don't believe for a second that there was a database failure. There's no evidence to suggest that there was.

I reckon there's 2 main problems.

1. People not understanding / following the reconfirmation process all the way to the end.
2. Confusion caused by people having (old) registrations they'd forgotten about (often on alternate email aliases that still end up in their usual inbox)

I've personally helped a few people who were struggling in the lead up to the sale, and all of their issues could be boiled down to one of the above. Meanwhile, after we'd worked through all these issues and double checked everything, *nobody* in our exceptionally large group suffered an unexpected deletion. The group being large enough that this would be statistically unlikely if there was any kind of failure.

It's fair to say that See could have done much better in addressing both of those issues, but that's still not a database failure. Nothing I've seen posted on here or elsewhere suggests there's a problem that couldn't be explained by the above.

This is exactly what I thought the issue was too. I too am part of a very large group and I am not aware of anyone in the group with this issue. 

7 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

This is exactly what I thought the issue was too. I too am part of a very large group and I am not aware of anyone in the group with this issue. 

4 hours ago, uscore said:

it didn't happen to me though, so I don't believe it's true.

🙂 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, uscore said:

it didn't happen to me though, so I don't believe it's true.

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

🙂 

I remember seeing lots of messages in a Facebook group I am a member of.  People were still getting reminder emails that their registration details would be deleted. People thought it was a scam email! 🙄 What they hadn't realised was they needed to scroll down to check the box saying they wanted to keep their registration. This is where I think the error occurred. The screenshot below is from September.....

Screenshot_20231103-180555.png

6 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

I remember seeing lots of messages in a Facebook group I am a member of.  People were still getting reminder emails that their registration details would be deleted. People thought it was a scam email! 🙄 What they hadn't realised was they needed to scroll down to check the box saying they wanted to keep their registration. This is where I think the error occurred. The screenshot below is from September.....

Screenshot_20231103-180555.png

Screenshot from what?

"Not looking forward to the influx of people" - who wrote this?

So its more of a GDPR issue - the data must be accurate and up to date. Where I work we're always having to ask customers to update stuff and regularly delete people from the systems when they fill in the "I want to be forgotten" box....

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, stuie said:

That’s completely ignoring the people who’ve posted here that have confirmation emails but no active registrations associated with their email address. 

And GFL wouldn’t have postponed the sale if there wasn’t a problem.

You still got a confirmation even if you didn't tick the box to keep your registration details. The registration details where the box wasn't ticked were then deleted on 30 September. 

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Screenshot from what?

"Not looking forward to the influx of people" - who wrote this?

The screenshot is from a very large  Glastonbury Facebook group that I am a member of, posted by one of the admins. It is the only thing I can find that mentions the all important tick box that I remember ticking when I updated mine and my husbands. 

35 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

You still got a confirmation even if you didn't tick the box to keep your registration details. The registration details where the box wasn't ticked were then deleted on 30 September. 

Yep. Amongst our 170+ group - we hand held people to make sure they stepped through the process *exactly*, with a shitload of work going into it. As a result, none of them got deleted.

Obviously it shouldn't have been that difficult. But still not a database error though I understand why people want to blame that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, incident said:

Yep. Amongst our 170+ group - we hand held people to make sure they stepped through the process *exactly*, with a shitload of work going into it. As a result, none of them got deleted.

Obviously it shouldn't have been that difficult. But still not a database error though I understand why people want to blame that.

Maybe not a database error as such but the resulting email should have made it clear that the reg. was being kept or was being deleted, in fact there should have been 2 tick boxes, one to keep, one to delete with the email reflecting the choice, very poor way of doing it, if so many got it wrong it was not fit for purpose.

Just now, gizmoman said:

Maybe not a database error as such but the resulting email should have made it clear that the reg. was being kept or was being deleted, in fact there should have been 2 tick boxes, one to keep, one to delete with the email reflecting the choice, very poor way of doing it, if so many got it wrong it was not fit for purpose.

Ohh, 100%. The wording was poor. The information provided was poor. The process was overcomplicated.

That part is definitely all on See.

23 hours ago, Dark Star said:

Aloud, yep, for 2003 and 2004 I think? They eventually got bought out by one of the big boys, might have been TM, and disappeared.

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/q-bolsters-glastonbury-ties-aloud-signs-ticket-deal/174054?src_site=brandrepublic

Edit again... BBC news article about the 2004 ticket meltdown.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/3592655.stm

Great reading those comments on the bbc page. People trying all through the night, failing detail pages, payment processing issues - doesn't look like we've progressed as far as we thought it 20 years 🙂 AI is the answer 😉

18 hours ago, incident said:

I'd also point out one (thankfully small) group who have every right to be pissed off are the people in alternate time ones (Australia etc) who set their alarms for 4:30am, went to bed early, and then woke up to this.

It wasn't too bad here as the time difference is now 13 hrs for NZ, but I did set the alarm a bit earlier than normal, move all of the kit the night before from the downstairs room to the living room which is nearer to the router to get a better and more reliable signal and drum it into the kids that they would have to do the first 30 minutes of the morning routine without me - 7am is spot on their wake up times. Went to be bed reasonably late with everything still scheduled to be on. Woke up and decided to check the phone to get the link on a page there ready. first saw a news article from Xnews (i think) and being half asleep still thought it must be an April fool or someone on here had managed to create the hack to put off lots from trying - didn't believe it until I checked the actual website.

People a bit nearer the UK than NZ would have had it worst, some really would have been getting up in the middle of the night to log on, they would have been pissed for sure.  

My internet was terrible all day yesterday, so a blessing in disguise and having a new system installed on the 8th, so will get to see how that performs. One thing i did learn yesterday was that using my phone hotspot on 5G and then connecting my computer to it seemed to be faster than relying on the wifi - might give that a full try in one of the sales.

20 hours ago, faymondo said:

As much as I want a ticket I would imagine the extra number of people who actually resister and go for it will not matter in the grand scheme of things..

However "true" Glastonbury goers who have been f**ked over by the cock up (or could have as we dont know how big the problem was) up deserve an honest shot. 

Tbh without you ive read into this more And I can see what a real f**k up seetix have done... I hope this will make seetix have to make big changes..

I do however think that they shouldn't have reopened the registration completely I think they should have just sorted out the registrations of the people who they have f**ked up that I agree with...

Just a thought tho who else apart from seetix is big enough to sorted out the amount of Tix Glastonbury does ..

On 11/2/2023 at 9:14 PM, Dark Star said:

Aloud, yep, for 2003 and 2004 I think? They eventually got bought out by one of the big boys, might have been TM, and disappeared.

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/q-bolsters-glastonbury-ties-aloud-signs-ticket-deal/174054?src_site=brandrepublic

Edit again... BBC news article about the 2004 ticket meltdown.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/3592655.stm

I believe that's the year I tried for 16 hours continuously, alternating between my rubbish internet connection and calls to the phone line.

Eventually a friend heard that I was still trying, they used Orange (for their mobile I think, but could have been their broadband supplier) they managed to buy them for me first attempt (theirs had been hours earlier) and it took them just 5 to 10 mins.

6 hours ago, stuie said:

🙂 

Incredible isn't it?

Mr Zig foaming at the mouth yesterday about being under the sea and missing the sale has managed to miraculously book the time off less than 24 hours later.

Embarrassing levels of entitlement on display yesterday, hope people can see it now they've had time to get some perspective.