Sale Date Change

CaledonianGonzo

1 minute ago, sam1981 said:

Out of interest, is that a pre-2020 reg or newer? 

My pre-2020s we're working a few days ago, but today the link doesn't work. 

Same for me. I had a pre 2020 reg. Updated my photo and confirmed it. Also Looked it up and viewed it a couple of times after I updated it around a month ago. When I look it up today, I get an email back with the link, but the link doesn't work to look it up or delete it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, goonerben said:

This was Glastonbury's last tweet before today - from Monday this week. 

I confirmed my reg, and got a confirmation email for that.  But I also knew they were going to delete a load of registrations in early October, so anybody could/should have checked that they still had a registration on the other side of that.

People suddenly finding they have no registration, have had a month to have checked this, and ignored multiple reminders to do exactly that!

image.png.ee8071a7396420c36b3ce2fc9c7208e1.png

Sorry, that's bollocks.

They were asked to renew their registrations and did so and received confirmation that they had done it. 

They absolutely shouldn't have had to think about checking again. 

That's why they've delayed it. 

• Like 1

From the sound of it you were going to get 100s, if not 1000s, getting through to the booking page and finding they don't have a valid registration despite following the instructions back in August. Delaying getting in £10m of deposits by a few weeks isn't something the festival are going to do lightly. It's clearly a big issue on their end.

Interesting that some of the big booking groups are kicking off, saying they won't have the cash to pay 6 deposits towards the end of the month. It could change the dynamic somewhat.

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

So the press release actually should've said:

Unfortunately, it has come to light that some individuals hoping to buy tickets for 2024 have discovered after Monday's registration deadline that they are no longer registered, despite believing they were....because we f**ked up.

Yep. 

Absolutely.  

2 minutes ago, Nestacres said:

pre 2020 - i can access via the update email and through the website direct

Well looks a cock up with the data then. They've just panicked now because they know something is awry and they need some time to sort it. 

Edited by sam1981

We will hopefully all be available for the new dates, but have not checked with the others in the group yet (I don't know if I have anything organised for me that weekend!).  There may need to be some forum spirit in the next couple of weeks to assist those who can't make the new sale dates.  I will try and help out if possible.

1 minute ago, NotAnInsider said:

From the sound of it you were going to get 100s, if not 1000s, getting through to the booking page and finding they don't have a valid registration despite following the instructions back in August. Delaying getting in £10m of deposits by a few weeks isn't something the festival are going to do lightly. It's clearly a big issue on their end.

Interesting that some of the big booking groups are kicking off, saying they won't have the cash to pay 6 deposits towards the end of the month. It could change the dynamic somewhat.

Agree on the cashflow point for the festival.

I have a solution to those who fear they won't have the deposit money in two weeks time - don't spend it.

2 minutes ago, NotAnInsider said:

Pushing it even closer to Christmas which is the most demanding time of year financially isn’t great, but if people have the money now then they can just hold onto it for two weeks, surely? Baffled. 

• Upvote 1

I've run the numbers here based on little information, no science and no inside information.

Scenario 1: If you thought your registration was valid, had done everything right and only after the deadline realised your registration didn't work.  That is 100% unfair to miss out on trying to buy tickets.

Scenario 2: If you have been inconvenienced by the rescheduling, have to make alternative plans, call in favours to help buy tickets because you are now at work, have to make do with lesser internet connections etc.  This is all bad, and I sympathise.  It's painful.

Scenario 2 is bad.  But it is less than the 100% unfairness in scenario 1.

That's doesn't mean I'm not sympathetic, I am.  But imagine those people who thought they had no chance at all.  That's not on.

Edited by Festival Sounds Podcast
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, NotAnInsider said:

Interesting point. I wonder how many people giving the festival sh*t on Twitter would have been impacted tonight and on Sunday and had their chances ruined due to this issue without even knowing why 

• Upvote 1

It's a data f**k up pure and simple. It's one of those things where they've had to get everybody to re-opt in as per GDPR. They've created a system, the system has failed, the data has been deleted. There would be far more repercussions if they were keeping data illegally than what's happened. 

The fairweather people will all still forget again I reckon. We just have to hope the ticket gods are kind to us. It's sh*t and I really feel for everybody who has orchestrated for this only to be f**ked over. 😞

Edited by WhatADin

47 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

You have to wonder if maybe registration numbers were really down and the festival wants to keep the whole "Glasto tickets are impossible to get" reputation going and a year where they were much easier could dent that (or is that too tin foil hat?)

It's basically impossible for this to be the case as there were so many accounts registered in previous years that will still be active; even if every single person who needed to re-confirm their account was deleted from the system, there'll still be well over a million accounts active

There is no way they are worried about selling out.  The interest over the last 10 years has increased exponentially and it is now definitely a social media bucket list must do activity.  

There must be something seriously wrong with the registration database to cancel at this last minute.

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

Sorry, that's bollocks.

They were asked to renew their registrations and did so and received confirmation that they had done it. 

They absolutely shouldn't have had to think about checking again. 

That's why they've delayed it. 

People WERE asked to check again - an email on 17th Oct, a tweet on 30th Oct, and the ticket page has said for the last month that people should check!

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Agree on the cashflow point for the festival.

I have a solution to those who fear they won't have the deposit money in two weeks time - don't spend it.

The argument I've seen is that its having the cash to pay multiple deposits that their mates would then pay back. If you are doing six then you've gotta fork out £450, which is easier at the start of the month than after 2 weeks of spending on shopping and generally surviving.

1 minute ago, buddiepaul said:

There is no way they are worried about selling out.  The interest over the last 10 years has increased exponentially and it is now definitely a social media bucket list must do activity.  

There must be something seriously wrong with the registration database to cancel at this last minute.

Agreed. If it was a concern about selling out they’d have delayed the sale weeks or at least days ago, not four hours beforehand. 

1 minute ago, NotAnInsider said:

The argument I've seen is that its having the cash to pay multiple deposits that their mates would then pay back. If you are doing six then you've gotta fork out £450, which is easier at the start of the month than after 2 weeks of spending on shopping and generally surviving.

Well collect the money before then