2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Coke use has become a huge problem nationwide.

Yeah, 100% this. it's absolutely endemic, from pretty much every gig to even Sunday afternoon in the pub with the football on. As someone who very occasionally dabbled, it's hard to have a pop at it, but there's been a noticeable shift in the mood of most entertainment. No idea what the answer is, but it makes me not want to go out as often. Lairy c**ts right left and centre. Coke + binge drinking is a combustible combination.

5 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

I 100% think my house got sent to the phantom hold page. There were 3 of us with at least 4 windows (2 chrome + 2 incognito) all trying. 60/ 12 means we can only refresh every 5 seconds 

Reason I think I was on the fake page is cos I was still on the hold page well after they sold out.

I had 2 laptops on last night, each connected to the same WiFi, each using more than 1 browser with an auto refresh extension and I never saw anything other than the holding page even after it was sold out, so that would suggest you're right.

BUT, my phone, on its own separate 4g connection, was also displaying the holding page well after half 6 so I don't think the theory holds up there. 

Interestingly, I did notice that one of my browsers (opera) started to show 'event not found' eventually, but the other browsers on the same laptop still had the holding page. So perhaps each browser is seen as a separate session?? 🤷

17 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

I 100% think my house got sent to the phantom hold page. There were 3 of us with at least 4 windows (2 chrome + 2 incognito) all trying. 60/ 12 means we can only refresh every 5 seconds 

Reason I think I was on the fake page is cos I was still on the hold page well after they sold out.

Without trawling through 24 pages, where has the 60 refreshes per house per minute come from? Surely that's not a thing? 

4 minutes ago, sam1981 said:

I had 2 laptops on last night, each connected to the same WiFi, each using more than 1 browser with an auto refresh extension and I never saw anything other than the holding page even after it was sold out, so that would suggest you're right.

BUT, my phone, on its own separate 4g connection, was also displaying the holding page well after half 6 so I don't think the theory holds up there. 

Interestingly, I did notice that one of my browsers (opera) started to show 'event not found' eventually, but the other browsers on the same laptop still had the holding page. So perhaps each browser is seen as a separate session?? 🤷

I’m wondering about this too. Is there anything you can do though? Will it affect Sunday if you had the phantom page last night?

4 minutes ago, TheBoz2 said:

Without trawling through 24 pages, where has the 60 refreshes per house per minute come from? Surely that's not a thing? 

So this limit was said in a previous year where someone tested the page outside of T day and found if you refreshed constantly you get taken to a fake hold page. Now no one has ever tested this live and it one of those things where it was said once and is repeated (a la me) and maybe just taken as fact cos of that 

9 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, 100% this. it's absolutely endemic, from pretty much every gig to even Sunday afternoon in the pub with the football on. As someone who very occasionally dabbled, it's hard to have a pop at it, but there's been a noticeable shift in the mood of most entertainment. No idea what the answer is, but it makes me not want to go out as often. Lairy c**ts right left and centre. Coke + binge drinking is a combustible combination.

We're top of the list over here!

image.thumb.png.10701fa533b106fac576cc19460b3eb5.png

Never my thing and ive no issue with people dabbling but there defo seems to be a shift in the last 5 years or so. Down the local rugby club recently and even down there people are off their chops.

So yeah, rugby lads, booze and bronson. Bad combo.

8 minutes ago, TheBoz2 said:

There's definitely, provably, a limit of 60 refreshes per *something* per minute that kicks in.

What counts towards that 60 is still somewhat unproven, and subject to lots of speculation. My view is that it's certainly possible for more than one device to count towards it, but not always. I did try to run some tests on it to figure it out, a few years ago, but had inconsistent and inconclusive results so gave up.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

There's definitely, provably, a limit of 60 refreshes per *something* per minute that kicks in.

What counts towards that 60 is still somewhat unproven, and subject to lots of speculation. My view is that it's certainly possible for more than one device to count towards it, but not always. I did try to run some tests on it to figure it out, a few years ago, but had inconsistent and inconclusive results so gave up.

If you go to seetickets.com now and hammer f5 you'll eventually get a 'service busy' message which will last for a few seconds, but it'll go back quite quickly. 

If it's based on this only (???) then my assumption is wouldn't we see the same page and the same behaviour during the sale (i.e. It lets you go back in) 

2 minutes ago, sam1981 said:

If you go to seetickets.com now and hammer f5 you'll eventually get a 'service busy' message which will last for a few seconds, but it'll go back quite quickly. 

If it's based on this only (???) then my assumption is wouldn't we see the same page and the same behaviour during the sale (i.e. It lets you go back in

This isn't service busy it's a fake holding page with the 20 second countdown. 

1 hour ago, sam1981 said:

Pretty much my experience too. 

13 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

It also doesn't help having the same people at a festival over, and over and over.

The crowd the last few years have been full of coked up arseholes and has had a strong T in the park vibe.

I was saying this in 2007 😂

People who were just stoned or on mushies were in decline and coke fiends from London were in the ascendency. Sad times. 🤣 Mind you there were other, more pressing, challenges in 2007!

I went this year for the first time in 12 years. So not all the crowd is the same over and over. 

1 hour ago, hoppi27 said:

What link are we hoping for for Sunday?

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2024-deposits/worthy-farm/3500000  ?

Or 3500010? I remember it being 2500000 last year, so 3500000 seems more fitting but who knows.

was 11 and 12 for wed and thursday coaches yesterday. Could be 10 or 13? or they could just reuse 11? 

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

I was saying this in 2007 😂

People who were just stoned or on mushies were in decline and coke fiends from London were in the ascendency. Sad times. 🤣 Mind you there were other, more pressing, challenges in 2007!

I went this year for the first time in 12 years. So not all the crowd is the same over and over. 

I suppose in one sense coke heads are better for festival profit as they spend a lot more at the bars than stoned people do! 😄 

30 minutes ago, northernringo said:

My current plan is this:

Work laptop & Work VPN - manually refresh

Mobile on 5G - manually refresh

Personal Laptop:

Chrome - VPN extension, autorefresh

Firefox - Home WiFi, autorefresh

Edge - VPN Extension, autorefresh

Does anyone have a good auto refresh tool for Edge/Firefox?

Auto Refresh Page works great for Firefox

• Like 1