2024 Wishlist

Punksnotdead

16 hours ago, wolfamongwolves said:

Explosions in the Sky were wonderful last night in Manchester.  

A return would be most welcome from me 

Fantastic in London last night, but jeez, the crowd, unbearable. Rammed full of bald men screaming at each other about their jobs for the whole show. The low ceiling at the Troxy making it worse but creating a cacopony of chatter. Ended up stood at the very back on my own to try and get a semblance of peace. Always defend London crowds being born and bred, but appalling.

On 10/28/2023 at 9:18 PM, Hurray4theWhiffWhaff said:

Wednesday

See, this is why I come here. I'd never heard of Wednesday before, but this (and, even more so, the recent post seconding it) made me check them out. Been listening for much of today. Absolutely fantastic. Sort of like if The Breeders were from Nashville or something. Yes please. 

The EITS talk also reminded me I hadn't listened to their new album yet. Another cracker. I loved them in 2009 as well. Would love to see them back on the Garden Stage.

• Upvote 1

On 11/8/2023 at 1:33 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

PJ Harvey at Gunnersbury Park: Which is six times the size of EOTR. Can we stop thinking that because she's playing festivals next summer she's perfectly positioned to do this one, or am I once again going to have to spend the next few months reminding people that Gunnersbury Park is a) bigger than EOTR in capacity by itself and b) a Festival Republic event with the contractual restrictions that means (and even when those were worked round are the reason the hottest band on this year's bill had to be kept secret practically until they walked out on stage)?

It is not six times the size of EOTR. Rather 25,000 vs 15,000. Gunnersbury Park has a cap on capacity agreed with residents. As I've said in an earlier post, she might as well not play EOTR, I have no idea, but it is not as simple as comparing the capacity. You might as well compare to the capacity of her last show in Bristol.

Also what about the contractual restrictions? The poster says London exclusive, but how do you know that it prevents her from playing non-London shows?

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I picked up 'When the Pawn' yesterday too. Gave it a spin last night. Pretty pretty good.

Ah good work. What a closer I Know is.

Still have to pick up Tidal and Extraordinary Machine. Her two weakest imo. Well, "weakest". Theyre still great. May do this week.

Cant think of anyone more suited to headlining that stage but doesnt seem like her playing live is a runner at the moment. Shes into court watching. So Im posting fantasy.

Anyway, cool little story on how she ended up on Dylans last album.

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/fiona-apple-talks-playing-on-bob-dylans-album-more/