whats the ticket price going to be ?

Crazyfool01

I would say a 10% rise on what we paid this year. As for the max price I suppose it all depends on personal circumstances, I’d gladly pay more but then I’m also very conscious that the tickets have to remain affordable for the vast majority.  
I’d always put getting a ticket a priority over a summer holiday if I had to. The build up, the five great days on site and the memories created. It’s difficult to put a price on it! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

360 plus booking fee .....  400 will be a significant barrier for me but very much depends on life circumstances and what happens with pay rises and inflation .... it is my only summer holiday and has been for quite a few years now 

When you consider the pleasure you get from the festival compared to , for instance,  a week on a Spanish costa for me it’s obvious what’s best. But of course that might not be how others feel, especially those with families. 

I actually have the numbers...

Average price rise over the last 10 festivals is 7.35%. Last four festivals it's been 10.64%.

If you include fallow years the average price rise per year is 5.59% since 2013. 

Big increases in price (+10%) are always followed by a smaller increase (except for 2023 which was 17.5% on top of 14% in 2022). 

I'd hope for around the £350 mark (4.5% increase) but wouldn't be surprised at all of there was either 

A) A small 1.5% rise (like in 2016) to £340

Or

B) an average 10% rise to £370

4 hours ago, goonerben said:

Wasn't in £335 last year?  So 10% on top of that would mean in the region of £370.

Yes, I just looked at the balance, ignoring the deposit. £370. Then plus £400 for 2025. Yikes. But I’ve just paid £221 for Bearded Theory so £370 doesn’t sound too bad.

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I would say a 10% rise on what we paid this year. As for the max price I suppose it all depends on personal circumstances, I’d gladly pay more but then I’m also very conscious that the tickets have to remain affordable for the vast majority.  
I’d always put getting a ticket a priority over a summer holiday if I had to. The build up, the five great days on site and the memories created. It’s difficult to put a price on it! 

Likewise for me... Glastonbury has been my main holiday for years, particularly when my daughters were younger and I was buying their tickets also.. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

The main concern is that the price could possibly go up to 500 and still sell out in no time. Problem with that is so many people will be priced out the festival that they love and have been committed to for years. 

It doesn't affect me, but I'd be interested to know what people's upper limit is.

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

It doesn't affect me, but I'd be interested to know what people's upper limit is.

I think it's difficult. Probably about £300. Last year was above my upper limit, but we stuck with it because we wanted to see Elton anyway and that would have been a good third of the ticket price at least. But most headliners these days we're not fussed about.

And it's only really headliners that work that way for us because they're the only ones that do full sets. It's great if an act we love is on mid-afternoon on the Other stage, but I'm still going to want to go see them on tour. So that doesn't actually "save" any money. Whereas we'd skip a tour date if they're headlining a stage.