Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

This seems to capture the feeling on this forum. Lots of relevant points, in any event.
https://consequence.net/2024/01/festival-headliner-underwhelming-2024/

Wren: So then this brings up an interesting question: Who are the general interest festivals even for?

Jonah: If I let my cynical side win, I’d say mostly influencers. From an outsider’s perspective, going to Coachella these days is more of fashion and status statement than it is a musical one. It’s the Met Gala for online micro celebrities, complete with the out-there clothing.

On 1/23/2024 at 9:29 AM, rwhitehouse13 said:

Few interesting names on Truck line-up, looks pretty strong.

IMG_0663.jpeg

Are Wet Leg actually going to bring out a new album before the summer? Touring those same few songs for 4 years seems a bit much.

Edited by Serenefishy

15 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm fully on board this one. Ideal Pyramid afternoon gubbins.

*awaits @NorthernSoul52setlist.

Heart, you say?

Bebe le Strange
Never
Love Alive
Magic Man
Straight On
These Dreams
All I Wanna Do Is Make Love to You
What About Love
Barracuda
10 Stairway to Heaven
11 Alone
12 Crazy On You

Biggest outlier there will be All I Wanna Do Is Make Love to You which they have played once since the turn of the century, I believe.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Serenefishy said:

Are Wet Leg actually going to bring out a new album before the summer? Touring those same few songs for 4 years seems a bit much.

3-4 years ago we were still in lockdown. So they really started touring at the end of 21 to the beginning of 22. Loads of people still haven't seen them.

Just now, Alex DeLarge said:

3-4 years ago we were still in lockdown. So they really started touring at the end of 21 to the beginning of 22. Loads of people still haven't seen them.

I’d very much expect them to have a new album out for summer though. They feel like a band who need to get something else out asap lest people move on to the next thing, and The Last Dinner Party are already right there as the current hot new thing. Another summer of touring the same old sh*t would be pretty weak for Wet Leg. 

16 hours ago, Mike A said:

This seems to capture the feeling on this forum. Lots of relevant points, in any event.
https://consequence.net/2024/01/festival-headliner-underwhelming-2024/

Interesting article, nice one for sharing. Seems the US scene is even more goosed than here.

"If Talking Heads had reunited back in 2013, I could absolutely see them headlining Coachella, Glastonbury, or Bonnaroo. If they do it this year, however, would they opt for a traditional tour or a residency instead? My inclination is yes."

Agree with this fully. The lustre has come right off festival culture - particularly post pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Interesting article, nice one for sharing. Seems the US scene is even more goosed than here.

"If Talking Heads had reunited back in 2013, I could absolutely see them headlining Coachella, Glastonbury, or Bonnaroo. If they do it this year, however, would they opt for a traditional tour or a residency instead? My inclination is yes."

Agree with this fully. The lustre has come right off festival culture - particularly post pandemic.

If this only effects mega name headliners then I don't see it as much of a big whoop. Most bands and artists worth watching will still be at a couple of your top choice fests.

I know a lack of mega stars may hit the bottom line of a festival that charges £350 a ticket but if reducing that standard also reduces the price then so be it.

Not wishing for this, the choice of popping to see someone huge is never gonna be a bad thing, just think festivals will adapt with whatever happens.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, goonerben said:

They are the support for the Green Day stadium shows, correct?  So are busy on Glastonbury Saturday (with Green Day at Wembley), but potentially free on Friday and Sunday.

Likelier the Sunday, as they have a Green Day support slot in Dublin on the Thursday.

2 hours ago, crumbler said:

Truth Stage, make it happen

May be an image of 6 people and text that says "renshau LannyTount Lount FEAT. ICE-T MERCILESS TOUR 05.06.24 Gdansk, Poland Mystic Festival 07.06.24 Hamburg, Germany Edel Optics Arena Nürnberg, Germany Rock Park Eifel, Nürburg, Germany Rock Berlin, Germany Citadel Music Festival Hradec Kralove Czech Republic Rock or People Budapest, Hungary Budapest Park 15.06.24 Nickelsdorf, Austria Novarock 16.06.24 Zagreb, Croatia SRC Salata 17.06.24 Switzerland Komple 457 18.06.24 Lausanne, Switzerland Les Docks 20.06.24 Nummijarvi, Finland Nummirock 22.06.24 Copenhagen, Denmark Copenhell Dessel, Belgium Graspop Luxembourg, Luxembourg Rockhal Amsterdam, Netherlands Paradiso Ysselsteyn, Netherlands Jera 28.06.24 Clisson, France Hellfest 30.06.24 London, Kentish Town Forum 01.07.24 Manchester, UK Ritz 02.07.24 Glasgow, UK SWG3 (Galvanizers) TICKET"

I presume acts now give themselves a day to get into or out of the UK so i think these dates rule them out as much as I’d love it - similar I think Doja Cat is out for this reason (and Heart). 

18 hours ago, assorted said:

I presume acts now give themselves a day to get into or out of the UK so i think these dates rule them out as much as I’d love it - similar I think Doja Cat is out for this reason (and Heart). 

I think some of this depends on where on the bill (and therefore when) they are due to play.  Last year, The Japanese House couldn't do an evening slot in Luxembourg, then a lunchtime Other Stage slot the following day (although that would have always been hard, even pre-additional Brexit hassle).

If (for example) Body Count were in a 5pm slot at Hellfest one day, then a reasonably late (or even very late, a la Truth Stage 3am) the following day - that is completely doable.